Filip Van Den Eede
Affiliation: University Hospital Antwerp
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function in chronic fatigue syndromeFilip Van Den Eede
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
Neuropsychobiology 55:112-20. 2007..However, even if the HPA axis dysfunctions are secondary to other factors, they are probably a relevant factor in symptom propagation in CFS...
- Psychomotor function and response inhibition in chronic fatigue syndromeFilip Van Den Eede
Department of Psychiatry, Antwerp University Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium
Psychiatry Res 186:367-72. 2011..Computerised figure-copying tasks may be promising tools for use in neurobiological research and clinical trials in CFS...
- Use of the Temperament and Character Inventory (TCI) for assessment of personality in chronic fatigue syndromeElise Van Campen
Dept of Psychiatry, Antwerp University Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium
Psychosomatics 50:147-54. 2009..Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is characterized by severe and prolonged fatigue, along with a set of nonspecific symptoms and signs, such as sore throat, muscle pain, headaches, and difficulties with concentration or memory...
- Antidepressants and the risk of hyponatremia: a class-by-class review of literatureLivia De Picker
Collaborative Antwerp Psychiatric Research Institute CAPRI, Faculty of Medicine, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium Psychopharmacological Research Unit, University Department of Psychiatry, Campus PZ Duffel, Antwerp, Belgium Electronic address
Psychosomatics 55:536-47. 2014..Antidepressant-induced hyponatremia can cause significant morbidity and mortality. It is mostly associated with the use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), but its frequency and class specificity are uncertain...
- Profiling perpetrators of interpersonal violence against children in sport based on a victim surveyTine Vertommen
Collaborative Antwerp Psychiatric Research Institute CAPRI, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium Department of Applied Psychology, Thomas More University College, Antwerp, Belgium Electronic address
Child Abuse Negl 63:172-182. 2016....
- A case of dose escalation of quetiapine in persistent insomnia disorderClaudia Cornelis
a Department of Adult Psychiatry, Collaborative Antwerp Psychiatric Research Institute, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg . 2016....
- Impact of childhood trauma on postpartum depression: a prospective studyMaud De Venter
University Department of Psychiatry, Campus University Hospital Antwerp UZA, Wilrijkstraat 10, 2650, Edegem, Antwerp, Belgium
Arch Womens Ment Health 19:337-42. 2016..Overall, we found no significant association between childhood trauma and postpartum depression. Past depression and depression symptoms during pregnancy are more relevant factors to assess before childbirth...
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and DNA Hypomethylation of the Glucocorticoid Receptor Gene Promoter 1F Region: Associations With HPA Axis Hypofunction and Childhood TraumaElise Vangeel
From the Genetic Research About Stress and Psychiatry GRASP Vangeel, Hompes, Claes, University Psychiatric Center Hompes, Claes, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology Izzi, Freson, and Laboratory of Translational Genetics, Department of Oncology Lambrechts, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium University Department of Psychiatry Van Den Eede, Campus Antwerp University Hospital, Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium Collaborative Antwerp Psychiatric Research Institute CAPRI Van Den Eede and Department of Molecular Genetics VIB8 Del Favero, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium Department of Internal Medicine Moorkens, Antwerp University Hospital, Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium and Vesalius Research Center VRC Lambrechts, VIB, Leuven, Belgium
Psychosom Med 77:853-62. 2015..In addition, childhood trauma is considered a major risk factor for the syndrome. This study examines DNA methylation of the GR gene (NR3C1) in CFS and associations with childhood sexual and physical trauma...
- Assessment of the validity of the dexamethasone/corticotropin-releasing hormone test. Comment on: Watson, S., Gallagher, P., Smith, M.S., Ferrier, I.N., Young, A.H., 2006. The dex/CRH test--is it better than the DST? Psychoneuroendocrinology 31, 889-894Filip Van Den Eede
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:91; author reply 92-4. 2007
- Combined dexamethasone/CRF test in remitted outpatients with recurrent major depressive disorderFilip Van Den Eede
Collaborative Antwerp Psychiatric Research Institute, Universiteitsplein 1 B 2610 Antwerpen, University of Antwerp, Belgium
J Affect Disord 93:259-63. 2006..In relation to this, it is important to examine HPA axis function in patients who are clinically remitted from depression...