Bart Van Everbroeck
Affiliation: University of Antwerp
- A prospective study of CSF markers in 250 patients with possible Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseaseB Van Everbroeck
Born Bunge Foundation, University of Antwerp, Wilrijk, Belgium Institute of Public Health Louis Pasteur, Brussels, Belgium
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:1210-4. 2003..To investigate various cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) markers that could assist in the clinical diagnosis of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD)...
- Differential diagnosis of 201 possible Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease patientsBart Van Everbroeck
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Born Bunge Foundation, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610 Wilrijk, Belgium
J Neurol 251:298-304. 2004..These observations cannot only assist in the differential diagnosis of CJD but also with the identification of AD, DLB or VD patients with atypical clinical history...
- Extracellular protein deposition correlates with glial activation and oxidative stress in Creutzfeldt-Jakob and Alzheimer's diseaseBart Van Everbroeck
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Born Bunge Foundation, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, Campus Drie Eiken, 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Acta Neuropathol 108:194-200. 2004..Our results confirm that this close relationship exists in both AD and CJD. We also show that an increased number of glial cells and therefore possibly oxidative stress is associated with the disease progression...
- Molecular diagnostic tools in Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and other prion disordersBart Van Everbroeck
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Borne Bunge Foundation, University of Antwerp, Campus Drie Eiken, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 4:351-9. 2004..These tests are also essential to investigate the safety of blood or blood-derived products and to ensure meat safety in European countries...
- Case-control study of environmental risk factors for Parkinson's disease in BelgiumPhilippe Pals
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Born Bunge Foundation, University of Antwerp, Wilrijk, Belgium
Eur J Epidemiol 18:1133-42. 2003..04-9.20). Furthermore, patients were clearly more exposed to zinc (95% CI: 1.51-90.90) and toluene (95% CI: 1.03 58.82). Male patients report more prostatectomy-surgery (95% CI: 1.54-17.24)...
- Transmissible spongiform encephalopathies: the story of a pathogenic proteinBart Van Everbroeck
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Born Bunge Foundation, University of Antwerp UIA, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Peptides 23:1351-9. 2002..Although current research has provided a wealth of data indicating that a structural isoform of the prion protein is the responsible pathogen, this hypothesis is not yet experimentally proven...
- Diagnostic performance of a CSF-biomarker panel in autopsy-confirmed dementiaSebastiaan Engelborghs
Department of Neurology and Memory Clinic, Middelheim General Hospital ZNA, Lindendreef 1, 2020 Antwerp, Belgium
Neurobiol Aging 29:1143-59. 2008..New models have been developed, achieving sensitivity, specificity and diagnostic accuracy levels, consistently exceeding 80%...
- Classification of sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease based on clinical and neuropathological characteristicsJose Cortinas Abrahantes
Center for Statistics, Hasselt University, Agoralaan Gebouw D, Diepenbeek, Belgium
Eur J Epidemiol 22:457-65. 2007..The boosting method produces the best results and the variable 14-3-3 protein in cerebrospinal fluid plays the most important role in the prediction of neuropathologically confirmed sCJD...