Affiliation: University Hospitals Leuven
- The Fate of Fat: Pre-Exposure Fat Losses during Nasogastric Tube Feeding in Preterm NewbornsMaissa Rayyan
Department of Development and Regeneration, KU Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Nutrients 7:6213-23. 2015....
- Short-term use of parenteral nutrition with a lipid emulsion containing a mixture of soybean oil, olive oil, medium-chain triglycerides, and fish oil: a randomized double-blind study in preterm infantsMaissa Rayyan
Department of Neonatology, University Hospitals, Leuven, Belgium
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 36:81S-94S. 2012....
- Characteristics of respiratory syncytial virus-related apnoea in three infantsM Rayyan
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Acta Paediatr 93:847-9. 2004..The apnoeas were of central origin. The caregivers had not noted any apparent life-threatening events (ALTE) prior to the polysomnography. Cardiorespiratory monitoring after the acute infection did not reveal any further apnoeas...
- Neonatal cholinesterase inhibitor poisoning: materno-fetal exchange of pesticideM Rayyan
Department of Paediatrics, Kalafong Hospital, University of Pretoria, South Africa
J Paediatr Child Health 41:152-3. 2005..We conclude that infants can present with tachycardia associated with cholinesterase inhibitor toxicity. Despite the side-effects intravenous atropine should not be withheld in the treatment of mother and infant...
- Urinary metabolites to assess in vivo ontogeny of hepatic drug metabolism in early neonatal lifeK Allegaert
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital, Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 29:251-6. 2007..Urine metabolites to assess in vivo metabolism of drugs routinely administered in neonates likely increase both the feasibility and clinical relevance of studies on in vivo isoenzyme-specific ontogeny in neonates...
- Cardiorespiratory events recorded on home monitors: the effect of prematurity on later serious eventsG Naulaers
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital Leuven, Belgium
Acta Paediatr 96:195-8. 2007..To describe severe alarms on home-documented monitoring in infants born prematurely...
- Developmental pharmacology: neonates are not just small adultsK Allegaert
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Division of Woman and Child, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 63:16-24. 2008....
- Both postnatal and postmenstrual age contribute to the interindividual variability in tramadol glucuronidation in neonatesK Allegaert
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital, Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Early Hum Dev 84:325-30. 2008..We therefore wanted to assess the impact of both postnatal and postmenstrual age (PNA/PMA) on the interindividual variability of glucuronidation to overall tramadol urinary elimination in neonates...
- Urinary propofol metabolites in early life after single intravenous bolusK Allegaert
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Br J Anaesth 101:827-31. 2008..Since propofol is almost exclusively cleared metabolically, urinary propofol metabolites were determined in early life and compared with similar observations reported in adults...
- The use of duplex doppler ultrasound in a case of multifocal hepatic hemangiomaL Breysem
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals, Leuven, Belgium
JBR-BTR 91:145-8. 2008..Conservative treatment with high dose steroids showed regression of the hepatic lesions and the signs of vascular congestion. Ultrasound was used for follow-up and its role in treatment monitoring is discussed in this manuscript...
- Contribution of glucuronidation to tramadol disposition in early neonatal lifeKarel Allegaert
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital, Gathuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:110-2. 2006
- Impact of ibuprofen administration on renal drug clearance in the first weeks of lifeK Allegaert
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Division of Woman and Child, University Hospital, Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 28:519-22. 2006..Population modeling with covariate analyses can provide us with the tools to further disentangle the impact of nonselective COX-inhibitors on renal drug clearance...
- High-resolution perineal ultrasound of a paraurethral cyst in a neonate (2008: 8b)L Breysem
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Radiol 18:2701-3. 2008..Although not always performed in these cases, ultrasonographic evaluation is an easily performed examination in assessment of the final diagnosis and therapeutic decisions...
- Correlation of observed-to-expected total fetal lung volume with intrathoracic organ herniation on magnetic resonance imaging in fetuses with isolated left-sided congenital diaphragmatic herniaK Nawapun
Cluster Organ Systems, Department of Development and Regeneration, Faculty of Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 46:162-7. 2015....