Affiliation: University of Antwerp
- Evolutions in both co-payment and generic market share for common medication in the Belgian reference pricing systemJessica Fraeyman
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Research Unit of Medical Sociology and Health Policy, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610, Wilrijk Antwerp, Belgium
Appl Health Econ Health Policy 11:543-52. 2013..Co-payment is intended to make pharmaceutical consumers more responsible, increase solidarity, and avoid or reduce moral hazards...
- The potential influence of various initiatives to improve rational prescribing for proton pump inhibitors and statins in BelgiumJessica Fraeyman
Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Research group Medical Sociology and Public Health, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 13:141-51. 2013..Multiple demand-side measures have been introduced to improve rational prescribing generally, as well as for these two classes...
- Potential impact of policy regulation and generic competition on sales of cholesterol lowering medication, antidepressants and acid blocking agents in BelgiumJ Fraeyman
Epidemiology and Social Medicine, University of Antwerp, Wilrijk, Antwerp, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 67:160-71. 2012..Pharmaceutical expenditures are increasing as a proportion of health expenditures in most rich countries. Antidepressants, acid blocking agents and cholesterol lowering medication are major contributors to medicine sales around the globe...
- How is an electronic screening and brief intervention tool on alcohol use received in a student population? A qualitative and quantitative evaluationJessica Fraeyman
Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Medical Sociology and Health Policy, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Antwerp, Wilrijk Antwerp, Belgium
J Med Internet Res 14:e56. 2012..We evaluated this type of intervention and cite existing literature on the topic...
- Consumer choice between common generic and brand medicines in a country with a small generic marketJessica Fraeyman
University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610 Wilrijk Antwerp, Belgium
J Manag Care Spec Pharm 21:288-96. 2015..Belgium has a small generic market that takes up 15% of the total pharmaceutical market in packages sold...
- Medicine price awareness in chronic patients in BelgiumJessica Fraeyman
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Research Unit of Medical Sociology and Health Policy, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium Electronic address
Health Policy 119:217-23. 2015..g. by increasing co-insurance paid for by patients. In times of austerity, how do chronic disease patients perceive the medicine price they have to pay?..