Carolyn H Declerck
Affiliation: University of Antwerp
- The effect of oxytocin on cooperation in a prisoner's dilemma depends on the social context and a person's social value orientationCarolyn H Declerck
Faculty of Applied Economics University of Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium and School of Social Informatics, Aoyama Gakuin University, Sagamihara City, Kanagawa, Japan
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 9:802-9. 2014..Follow-up hypotheses for why prosocial and proself individuals respond differently to exogenous OT were developed...
- When do people cooperate? The neuroeconomics of prosocial decision makingCarolyn H Declerck
University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics, Prinsstraat 13, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
Brain Cogn 81:95-117. 2013..Several additional hypotheses with respect to the neural roots of social preferences are derived from the model and suggested for future research...
- Social value orientation: related to empathy and the ability to read the mind in the eyesCarolyn H Declerck
University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics, Department of Management, Prinsstraat 13, B 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
J Soc Psychol 148:711-26. 2008..These social skills correlated negatively with an individualistic orientation...
- Oxytocin and cooperation under conditions of uncertainty: the modulating role of incentives and social informationCarolyn H Declerck
University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics, Antwerpen, Belgium
Horm Behav 57:368-74. 2010..When these cues are absent, OT appears to instead elicit a risk-averse strategy...
- Spontaneous Eye Blink Rates vary according to individual differences in generalized control perceptionCarolyn H Declerck
Department of Business Economics, Faculty of Applied Economics, University of Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium
Percept Mot Skills 102:721-35. 2006..The possible roles of dopamine neurotransmission and frontal cortex involvement in higher cognition and Locus of Control are discussed...
- On feeling in control: a biological theory for individual differences in control perceptionCarolyn H Declerck
University of Antwerp, Department of Business Economics, Prinsstraat 13, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
Brain Cogn 62:143-76. 2006..In addition, a possible role of subcortical-cortical dopamine pathways underlying control perception is discussed...
- Asymmetries in activation and arousal may contribute to lateralised effects of habituation and contingency learning during a repetitive choice reaction time taskCarolyn Declerck
University of Antwerp, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Laterality 9:359-80. 2004..These results are explained in terms of hemispheric asymmetries in arousal and activation, as originally suggested by Tucker and Williamson (1984)...
- Establishing cooperation in a mixed-motive social dilemma. An fMRI study investigating the role of social value orientation and dispositional trustGriet Emonds
a Faculty of Applied Economics, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Soc Neurosci 9:10-22. 2014....
- The cognitive demands on cooperation in social dilemmas: an fMRI studyGriet Emonds
Faculty of Applied Economics, University of Antwerp, Prinsstraat 13, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Soc Neurosci 7:494-509. 2012..The differences in brain activation elicited by the different incentive structures of the PD and the SH appear to be independent of individual differences in revealed social preferences...
- Tonic and phasic activation and arousal effects as a function of feedback in repetitive-choice reaction time tasksBert De Brabander
Department of Applied Economics, Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium
Behav Neurosci 116:397-402. 2002..The interaction effects appear to be consistent with the proposed neurological model...
- Sex differences in susceptibility to the Poggendorff illusionCarolyn Declerck
University of Antwerp RUCA
Percept Mot Skills 94:3-8. 2002..This finding is consistent with the numerous studies which have indicated better visuospatial abilities for men than for women...
- Social value orientation and cooperation in social dilemmas: a review and conceptual modelSandy Bogaert
University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Br J Soc Psychol 47:453-80. 2008..We conclude this review by pointing to several avenues for future research that would help to deepen our understanding of the role of SVO in human cooperation...
- Trust as commodity: social value orientation affects the neural substrates of learning to cooperateBruno Lambert
ACED, Faculty of Applied Economics, university of Antwerp Prinsstraat 13, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci . 2017....
- Oxytocin does not make a face appear more trustworthy but improves the accuracy of trustworthiness judgmentsBruno Lambert
Department of Management, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium Department of Medical Sciences, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 40:60-8. 2014..We conclude that oxytocin does not increase trustworthiness judgments on average, but that it helps people to more accurately recognize an untrustworthy face. ..