Sabrina De Winter
Affiliation: University Hospitals Leuven
- Exploring the relationship between fall risk-increasing drugs and fall-related fracturesSabrina De Winter
Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000, Louvain, Belgium
Int J Clin Pharm 38:243-51. 2016..Most studies often retrieved prescription-only drugs from national databases. These are associated with some limitations as they do not always reliably reproduce the complete patient's active drug list...
- Stability of Drugs Used in Helicopter Air Medical Emergency Services: An Exploratory StudySabrina De Winter
Department of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences, KU Leuven, University of Leuven, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium Electronic address
Air Med J 35:247-50. 2016..Transportation by air exposes drugs used in emergency medical services to vibrations. The aim of the study was to determine whether or not vibrations caused by a helicopter induce the degradation of 5 drugs used in this setting...
- Drug-related admissions due to interaction with an old drug, lithiumS de Winter
Department of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 68:356-8. 2013..Special attention has to be paid for the non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs due to the low threshold of prescribing them for the control of acute pain and its availability as free over-the-counter drugs...
- Impact of temperature exposure on stability of drugs in a real-world out-of-hospital settingSabrina De Winter
Pharmacy Department, UZ Leuven and Department of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium Electronic address
Ann Emerg Med 62:380-387.e1. 2013....
- Pharmacist- versus physician-acquired medication history: a prospective study at the emergency departmentSabrina De Winter
Pharmacy Department, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Qual Saf Health Care 19:371-5. 2010..Study objective In this study, the authors compare medication histories obtained in the Emergency Department (ED) by pharmacists versus physicians and identify characteristics contributing to discrepancies...
- A simple tool to improve medication reconciliation at the emergency departmentSabrina De Winter
Pharmacy Department, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Intern Med 22:382-5. 2011..Other strategies guaranteeing complete medication histories should be explored. We developed a limited list of standardized questions and assessed its impact on completeness of medication histories...