Affiliation: University Hospital
- Prognostic value of electrophysiologic investigations in Brugada syndromeP Brugada
Cardiovascular Research and Teaching Institute Aalst, Belgium
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 12:1004-7. 2001..We present data on the prognostic value of electrophysiologic studies in the largest cohort ever collected of patients with Brugada syndrome...
- The Brugada syndromeP Brugada
Cardiovascular Center, OLV Hospital, Moorselbaan 164, 9300 Aalst, Belgium
Curr Cardiol Rep 2:507-14. 2000..The only effective treatment to prevent sudden death is the implantable defibrillator...
- Natural history of Brugada syndrome: the prognostic value of programmed electrical stimulation of the heartPedro Brugada
The Cardiovascular Research and Teaching Institute Aalst, Belgium
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 14:455-7. 2003..However, studies from independent investigators questioned our results. We report here the largest population with Brugada syndrome ever studied by programmed electrical stimulation of the heart...
- The Brugada SyndromeP Brugada
Cardiovascular Research and Teaching Institute Aalst, Cardiovascular Centre, Belgium
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 98:115-22. 2005..Implantation of an automatic cardioverter-defibrillator is the only currently proven effective therapy. Patients with frequent electrical storms may even need cardiac transplantation as last resort...
- Some electrocardiographic patterns predicting sudden cardiac death that every doctor should recognizeP Brugada
Cardiovascular Research and Teaching Institute Aalst, Cardiovascular Center, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 52:473-84. 1997..Because sudden death can be prevented in many cases, every doctor should be able to recognize these types of electrocardiograms...
- Coronary artery bypass grafting and defibrillator implantation in patients with ventricular tachyarrhythmias and ischemic heart diseaseP Geelen
Cardiovascular Center, Onze Lieve Vrouw Ziekenhuis, Aalst, Belgium
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 22:1132-9. 1999..An excellent survival and a high incidence of shocks after both bypass surgery and defibrillator implantation were observed...
- Neck pounding during sinus rhythm: a new clinical manifestation of dual atrioventricular nodal pathwaysP Geelen
Cardiovascular Centre, OLV Hospital, Aalst, Belgium
Heart 79:490-2. 1998..To determine the clinical and electrophysiological characteristics of patients with paroxysmal palpitations and neck pounding during sinus rhythm...
- Outcomes after radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial tachycardiaI Anguera
Cardiovascular Center, Aalst, Belgium
Am J Cardiol 87:886-90. 2001..Patients with repetitive forms and those with multifocal origin had a lower acute success rate. The highest incidence of recurrences was found in anterior right atrial foci...
- What evidence do we have to replace in-hospital implantable cardioverter defibrillator follow-up?P Brugada
O L V Hospital, Cardiovascular Center, Moorselbaan 164, 9300 Aalst, Belgium
Clin Res Cardiol 95:III3-9. 2006..Due to the increasing number of patients with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), new options for ICD patient follow-up management are required...
- Unusual form of AV nodal Wenckebach blockM Rivero-Ayerza
Cardiovascular Research and Teaching Institute Aalst, Aalst, Belgium
Europace 5:231-3. 2003..The 12 lead ECG showed an interesting AV nodal Wenckebach sequence, interrupted by P waves retrogradely conducted through the AP. The mechanisms explaining the ECG are discussed...
- Mode switching failure during atrial flutter: the '2:1 lock-in' phenomenonM Goethals
Cardiovascular Centre Aalst, OLV Ziekenhuis, Moorselbaan 164, Aalst 9300, Belgium
Europace 5:95-102. 2003..To evaluate incidence and mechanism of a special form of automatic mode switching (MS) failure in patients with atrial flutter...
- Brugada syndrome: a decade of progressC Antzelevitch
Masonic Medical Research Laboratory, Utica, NY 13501, USA
Circ Res 91:1114-8. 2002..This minireview briefly summarizes the progress made over the past decade in our understanding of the clinical, genetic, cellular, ionic, and molecular aspects of this disease...
- The ajmaline challenge in Brugada syndrome: a useful tool or misleading information?J Brugada
Eur Heart J 24:1085-6. 2003
- Proposed diagnostic criteria for the Brugada syndromeA A M Wilde
Laboratory of Experimental Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 23:1648-54. 2002
- The Brugada syndrome: update 2006T Boussy
Cardiovascular Centre, OLV Hospital Aalst, Belgium
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 100:865-71. 2007..Finally, the most recent data concerning new diagnostic techniques, gene identification and future therapeutic options will also be discussed...
- [Clinical and electrocardiographical features of the Brugada syndrome and literature review]L M Makarov
Kardiologiia 42:94-100. 2002
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrioventricular accessory pathways: experience in 179 patientsG Fenelon
Cardiovascular Research and Teaching Institute, Aalst, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 49:233-40. 1994..Radiofrequency ablation of accessory pathways is a safe and effective treatment...
- Ionic mechanisms responsible for the electrocardiographic phenotype of the Brugada syndrome are temperature dependentR Dumaine
Departments of Molecular Biology and Experimental Cardiology, Masonic Medical Research Laboratory, Utica, NY 13501, USA
Circ Res 85:803-9. 1999....
- [Brugada syndrome]J Brugada
Institut cardiovasculaire, , , Espagne
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:847-50. 1999..The prognosis is poor for patients who do not receive an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. Antiarrhythmic drugs like amiodarone or beta-blockers do not prevent sudden death in symptomatic or asymptomatic individuals...
- Genetic basis and molecular mechanism for idiopathic ventricular fibrillationQ Chen
Department of Pediatrics Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nature 392:293-6. 1998..Our results indicate that mutations in cardiac ion-channel genes contribute to the risk of developing IVF...