Affiliation: Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel
- Implementation of HybridArc treatment technique in preoperative radiotherapy of rectal cancer: dose patterns in target lesions and organs at risk as compared to helical Tomotherapy and RapidArcThierry Gevaert
Department of Radiotherapy, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Radiat Oncol 7:120. 2012..This study compared this new technique to helical Tomotherapy, and RapidArc, in preoperative radiotherapy of rectal cancer...
- Dosimetric assessment of static and helical TomoTherapy in the clinical implementation of breast cancer treatmentsTruus Reynders
Radiotherapy Department, Oncology Center, UZ Brussel, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 93:71-9. 2009..This study concentrates on the evaluation of the planning protocol for the TomoTherapy and TomoDirect TPS, dose verification and the implementation of in vivo dosimetry...
- An in-house developed resettable MOSFET dosimeter for radiotherapyDirk Verellen
UZ Brussel, Oncologisch Centrum, Radiotherapie, Brussels, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 55:N97-109. 2010..An in-house developed resettable MOSFET-based dosimetry system is proposed. The system has been validated and is currently used for in vivo entrance dose measurement in clinical routine for simple (open field) treatment configurations...
- Treatment delivery time optimization of respiratory gated radiation therapy by application of audio-visual feedbackNadine Linthout
Radiotherapy Department, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 91:330-5. 2009..The feasibility to use visually guided voluntary breath-hold with and without audio assistance to reduce the total treatment time was evaluated...
- Assessment of intrafractional movement and internal motion in radiotherapy of rectal cancer using megavoltage computed tomographyKoen Tournel
UZ Brussel, Oncologisch Centrum, Department of Radiotherapy, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 71:934-9. 2008..In clinical protocols, however, margins originating from traditional setup procedures are still being applied. This work investigates whether this modality can aid in redefining treatment margins...
- An assessment of the use of skin flashes in helical tomotherapy using phantom and in-vivo dosimetryKoen Tournel
Radiotherapy Department, Oncology Center, Brussels, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 84:34-9. 2007..However, positioning errors or changes in the patient's contour can influence the correct dosage in these regions. This work studies the behavior of skin-flash regions using phantom and in-vivo dosimetry...
- Initial assessment of tumor tracking with a gimbaled linac system in clinical circumstances: a patient simulation studyTom Depuydt
Radiotherapy Department, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussel, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 106:236-40. 2013..To have an initial assessment of the Vero Dynamic Tracking workflow in clinical circumstances and quantify the performance of the tracking system, a simulation study was set up on 5 lung and liver patients...
- Short course radiotherapy with simultaneous integrated boost for stage I-II breast cancer, early toxicities of a randomized clinical trialHilde Van Parijs
Department of Radiotherapy, UZ Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Radiat Oncol 7:80. 2012..hypofractionated Tomotherapy (TT) for post-operative treatment of breast cancer. The purpose of the trial is to compare whether TT can reduce heart and pulmonary toxicity. We evaluate early toxicities...
- Computer-aided analysis of star shot films for high-accuracy radiation therapy treatment unitsTom Depuydt
Radiotherapy Department, UZ Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 57:2997-3011. 2012..06 and 0.18 mm, respectively. The methodology described in this work can be used to monitor mechanical performance constancy of high-accuracy treatment devices, with means available in a clinical radiation therapy environment...
- Breast conserving treatment for breast cancer: dosimetric comparison of different non-invasive techniques for additional boost deliveryHilde Van Parijs
UZ Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Radiat Oncol 9:36. 2014..We present a dosimetric comparison of different non-invasive treatment techniques for additional boost delivery...
- Breast conserving treatment for breast cancer: dosimetric comparison of sequential versus simultaneous integrated photon boostHilde Van Parijs
Department of Radiotherapy, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Biomed Res Int 2014:827475. 2014..We investigated the dosimetric benefits of a simultaneously integrated boost (SIB) compared to a sequential boost to hypofractionate the boost volume, while maintaining normofractionation on the breast...
- Geometric accuracy of a novel gimbals based radiation therapy tumor tracking systemTom Depuydt
Radiotherapy Department, UZ Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, Brussels, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 98:365-72. 2011..VERO is a novel platform for image guided stereotactic body radiotherapy. Orthogonal gimbals hold the linac-MLC assembly allowing real-time moving tumor tracking. This study determines the geometric accuracy of the tracking...
- Assessment of secondary patient motion induced by automated couch movement during on-line 6 dimensional repositioning in prostate cancer treatmentNadine Linthout
Radiotherapy Department, Oncologisch Centrum, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 83:168-74. 2007..The purpose of this study is to assess retrospectively secondary patient motion induced by 6D patient setup correction...
- The effect of tomotherapy imaging beam output instabilities on dose calculationMichael Duchateau
Department of Radiotherapy, Oncology Centre University Hospital Brussels UZ Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 55:N329-36. 2010..The acquisition of an IVDT together with the MVCT image set, that is going to be used for dose calculation, is highly recommended...