Affiliation: Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel
- Attitudes of parents of Klinefelter boys and pediatricians towards neonatal screening and fertility preservation techniques in Klinefelter syndromeInge Gies
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatric Department, UZ Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, B1090, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr 175:399-404. 2016..2% agrees on testicular biopsy to detect spermatozoa or eventually spermatogonial stem cells (SSCs) for cryopreservation in minor KS patients...
- Testicular biopsy and cryopreservation for fertility preservation of prepubertal boys with Klinefelter syndrome: a pro/con debateInge Gies
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, UZ Brussel, Jette, Belgium Electronic address
Fertil Steril 105:249-55. 2016..Given these controversies, banking testicular tissue from prepubertal KS boys should be performed only in a research framework...
- Management of Klinefelter syndrome during transitionInge Gies
Division of Pediatric EndocrinologyDepartment of EndocrinologyKlinefelter ClinicUZ Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, BelgiumDivision of Pediatric EndocrinologyDepartment of EndocrinologyKlinefelter ClinicUZ Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Endocrinol 171:R67-77. 2014..The practical medical management during transition and, more specifically, the role of the endocrinologist are discussed in this article. ..
- Insulin sensitivity modulates the growth response during the first year of high-dose growth hormone treatment in short prepubertal children born small for gestational ageInge Gies
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital, at Brussels UZ Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Horm Res Paediatr 78:24-30. 2012..To study the relationship between insulin sensitivity and growth response in short children born small for gestational age (SGA) treated with growth hormone (GH)...
- Spermatogonial stem cell preservation in boys with Klinefelter syndrome: to bank or not to bank, that's the questionInge Gies
Department of Pediatrics, UZ Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 98:284-9. 2012..Retrieval of spermatogonial cells in prepubertal boys with KS should therefore still be viewed as experimental and patients and their parents must be counseled accordingly...
- Failure of a combined clinical- and hormonal-based strategy to detect early spermatogenesis and retrieve spermatogonial stem cells in 47,XXY boys by single testicular biopsyI Gies
Department of Pediatrics, UZ Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, B1090 Jette, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 27:998-1004. 2012....
- Can pubertal boys with Klinefelter syndrome benefit from spermatogonial stem cell banking?D Van Saen
Research Group Biology of Testis, Department of Embryology and Genetics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 27:323-30. 2012..This study aimed to explore the possibility of preserving SSCs in pubertal KS adolescents by testicular tissue banking...
- Evaluation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and its relationship with central respiratory dysfunction in children with Prader-Willi syndromeVéronique Beauloye
Unité d Endocrinologie Pédiatrique, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, avenue Hippocrate 10 1300, Brussels, B 1200, Belgium
Orphanet J Rare Dis 10:106. 2015..Hypothalamic dysregulation has been proposed as a common mechanism underlying both stress-induced CAI and central respiratory dysfunction during sleep...
- Well-nourished cystic fibrosis patients have normal mineral density, but reduced cortical thickness at the forearmO Louis
Department of Radiology, UZ Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan, Belgium
Osteoporos Int 20:309-14. 2009..We found that density was normal, but cortical thickness significantly reduced, as well in males as in females...