- Severe hyponatremia is a better predictor of mortality than MELDNa in patients with cirrhosis and refractory ascitesThomas Sersté
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
J Hepatol 57:274-80. 2012..This study assessed the prognostic value of severe hyponatremia and the MELDNa score in these patients...
- Klebsiella and E. coli liver abscess associated with aerobilia: a case reportT Sersté
Department of Medicine and Gastro enterology, CHU Tivoli, 7100 La Louviere
Acta Clin Belg 59:165-7. 2004..Septic metastasis are characteristics of Klebsiella liver abscesses. Percutaneous drainage associated with a intravenous antibiotherapy was performed...
- Detection of bacterial DNA in serum and ascitic fluid of asymptomatic outpatients with cirrhosis and non-neutrocytic ascitesThomas Sersté
Service d Hepatologie, Hôpital AP HP Beaujon, Clichy, France
Liver Int 31:494-8. 2011..The aim of this prospective study was to investigate the presence of bactDNA in AF and serum among cirrhotic outpatients with non-neutrocytic ascites...
- Metabolic disorders associated with chronic hepatitis C: impact of genotype and ethnicityThomas Sersté
Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hôpital Saint Pierre, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgium
Liver Int 30:1131-6. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the associations among metabolic disorders, ethnicity and genotype in a large cohort of patients with chronic hepatitis C (CHC)...
- The impact of preoperative hepatic hydrothorax on the outcome of adult liver transplantationThomas Sersté
Hepatology and Liver Intensive Care, Hospital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:207-12. 2010..Orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT) is the best option in case of end-stage liver disease. The impact of hepatic hydrothorax on pre-transplant and post-transplant courses has not been clearly investigated...
- Incidence and characteristics of type 2 hepatorenal syndrome in patients with cirrhosis and refractory ascitesT Sersté
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 71:9-14. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the incidence, predictive factors and outcome of type 2 HRS in patients with cirrhosis and refractory ascites...
- Relationship between the degree of portal hypertension and the onset of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in patients with cirrhosisThomas Sersté
Department of Gastroenterology, ULB Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 69:355-60. 2006..The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that an association exists between the degree of portal hypertension and the occurrence of SBP...
- Ageing and the liverThomas Sersté
Department of Gastroenterology, Erasme University Hospital, Route de Lennik 808, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 69:296-8. 2006..The age of the donor is also a predictive factor of the severity of recurrent liver HCV-related disease on the graft...
- Combination ledipasvir-sofosbuvir for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus infection: a review and clinical perspectiveMarcel Nkuize
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Ther Clin Risk Manag 12:861-72. 2016..Thus, the fixed-dose single-tablet combination of ledipasvir-sofosbuvir offers a new era for the effective treatment of a variety of patients suffering from chronic hepatitis C virus infection. ..
- Improvement of sleep architecture parameters in cirrhotic patients with recurrent hepatic encephalopathy with the use of rifaximinMarie Bruyneel
aSleep Unit, Department of Pneumology bDepartment of Hepatogastroenterology, Saint Pierre University Hospital cDepartment of Gastroenterology, Hepatopancreatology and Digestive Oncology, Erasme Hospital dData Centre, Jules Bordet Institute eDepartment of Neurology, UMC Brugmann fLaboratory of Experimental Gastroenterolgy, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium gInserm Unité 1149, Center for Research on Inflammation CRI hUMR S_1149, Paris Diderot University, Paris, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol . 2016..Sleep disorders are frequently reported in patients with cirrhosis and hepatic encephalopathy (HE). This study assessed the effect of rifaximin on sleep architecture parameters in patients with recurrent HE...
- The use of beta-blockers is associated with the occurrence of acute kidney injury in severe alcoholic hepatitisThomas Sersté
Liver Unit, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatopancreatology, CUB Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgium
Liver Int 35:1974-82. 2015..The beneficial effect of nonselective beta-blockers (NSBB) has recently been questioned in patients with end-stage cirrhosis. We analysed the impact of NSBB on outcomes in severe alcoholic hepatitis (AH)...
- Endoscopic drainage of pyogenic liver abscesses with suspected biliary originThomas Sersté
Department of Gastroenterology, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1209-15. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess the feasibility and the impact of an endoscopic approach in the management of liver abscesses with suspected biliary origin...
- Intensive Enteral Nutrition Is Ineffective for Patients With Severe Alcoholic Hepatitis Treated With CorticosteroidsChristophe Moreno
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatopancreatology and Digestive Oncology, Cliniques Universitaires de Bruxelles Hôpital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium Laboratory of Experimental Gastroenterology, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium Electronic address
Gastroenterology 150:903-10.e8. 2016..We performed a randomized controlled trial to determine whether the combination of corticosteroid and intensive enteral nutrition therapy is more effective than corticosteroid therapy alone in patients with severe AH...
- Accuracy and disagreement of computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging for the diagnosis of small hepatocellular carcinoma and dysplastic nodules: role of biopsyThomas Sersté
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, APHP Service d Hépatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 55:800-6. 2012..There was a disagreement regarding imaging findings between CT and MRI in 21 of 74 (28%) patients and no washout on both examinations in 23 of 74 patients (31%). In these 44 patients, liver biopsy provided an initial accurate diagnosis...
- Factors associated with vitamin D deficiency in a population of 2044 HIV-infected patientsMaria Theodorou
Internal Medicine, CHU Saint Pierre, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgium
Clin Nutr 33:274-9. 2014..The aims of this study was to validate factors associated with vitamin D deficiency in a large cohort of HIV-infected patients...