- Comparative evaluation of the VERSANT HIV-1 RNA 1.0 kinetic PCR molecular system (kPCR) for the quantification of HIV-1 plasma viral loadJean Ruelle
Universite Catholique de Louvain, AIDS Reference Laboratory, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Virol 44:297-301. 2009..New automated and ultrasensitive assays are becoming available to monitor HIV-1 plasma viral load, which is an essential marker for the clinical follow-up...
- HIV-1 low-level viraemia assessed with 3 commercial real-time PCR assays show high variabilityJean Ruelle
UCLouvain, AIDS Reference Laboratory, Avenue Hippocrate 54 B1 54 05, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
BMC Infect Dis 12:100. 2012..We analysed variability of 3 VL assays <50 cop/mL, and evaluated the reproducibility of viral blips <100 cop/mL...
- Polymorphisms of HIV-2 integrase and selection of resistance to raltegravirDanielle Perez Bercoff
Laboratoire de Retrovirologie, CRP Sante, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Retrovirology 7:98. 2010..Regimens including integrase inhibitors (INI) seem to be effective, but little data on HIV-2 integrase (IN) polymorphisms and resistance pathways are available...
- Transmitted drug resistance, selection of resistance mutations and moderate antiretroviral efficacy in HIV-2: analysis of the HIV-2 Belgium and Luxembourg databaseJean Ruelle
Universite Catholique de Louvain, AIDS Reference Laboratory, Avenue Hippocrate 54 5492, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
BMC Infect Dis 8:21. 2008..Guidelines established for the treatment of HIV-1 infection and genotype interpretation do not apply for HIV-2. Data about antiretroviral (ARV) drug efficacy and resistance mutations is scarce...
- Transmission network of an HIV type 1 strain with K103N in young Belgian patients from different risk groupsJean Ruelle
1 Université catholique de Louvain, AIDS Reference Laboratory, IREC, Brussels, Belgium
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 29:1306-9. 2013..The identification of this transmission network advocates for local prevention reinforcement and underscores the need for continuous TDR monitoring. The spread of NNRTI TDR could affect ARV initiation schemes and prophylaxis strategies...
- Genetic polymorphisms and resistance mutations of HIV type 2 in antiretroviral-naive patients in Burkina FasoJean Ruelle
AIDS Reference Laboratory Microbiology Unit, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:955-64. 2007..The two resistant strains were unrelated. Our findings imply either that resistant viruses are circulating in Burkina Faso or that some individuals take unsupervised treatment. Both hypotheses present problems...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) proviral DNA load in purified CD4+ cells by LightCycler real-time PCRBenoît Kabamba-Mukadi
Laboratoire de référence SIDA, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 54, B1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
BMC Infect Dis 5:15. 2005....
- Quantitative real-time PCR on Lightcycler for the detection of human immunodeficiency virus type 2 (HIV-2)Jean Ruelle
Unité de Virologie AIDS Reference Laboratory, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 54 5492, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Virol Methods 117:67-74. 2004..The limit of quantitation was 250 copies per millilitre of plasma. The coefficient of variation ranged from 0.7 to 5.6%, depending on the concentration of the target sequences...
- Study of the HIV-2 Env cytoplasmic tail variability and its impact on Tat, Rev and NefNordine Bakouche
Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
PLoS ONE 8:e79129. 2013..The aims were to analyse the variability of Env CT and the evolution of proteins expressed from overlapping coding sequences...
- Validation of an ultrasensitive digital droplet PCR assay for HIV-2 plasma RNA quantificationJean Ruelle
AIDS Reference Laboratory, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Int AIDS Soc 17:19675. 2014..Available data related to digital droplet PCR (ddPCR, Bio-Rad) underscore issues linked to the threshold definition of positivity, coupled to the specificity of low copy results (1)...
- Effectiveness of the South African expanded program of immunization against hepatitis B in children infected with human immunodeficiency virus-1 living in a resource-limited setting of Kwazulu-NatalJean Christophe Beghin
AIDS Reference Laboratory, Saint Luc University Hospital, Catholic University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Med Virol 89:182-185. 2017..001). Even if prevalence of HBV infection was low in these cohorts, HIV-infected children will stay at risk of infection if the vaccine schedule is not adapted. J. Med. Virol. 89:182-185, 2017. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Single Amino Acid Substitution N659D in HIV-2 Envelope Glycoprotein (Env) Impairs Viral Release and Hampers BST-2 AntagonismFrançois E Dufrasne
AIDS Reference Laboratory, Medical Microbiology Unit MBLG, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique IREC, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 54 B1 54 05, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Viruses 8:. 2016..In HIV-2 infected cells, an efficient Env-mediated antagonism of BST-2 is operated through an intermolecular link involving the asparagine 659 residue as well as the C-terminal part of the cytoplasmic tail...