- The short allele of the serotonin transporter promoter polymorphism influences relapse in alcohol dependenceEmmanuel Pinto
Department of Psychiatry, University of Liege, CHU Sart Tilman B35, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Alcohol Alcohol 43:398-400. 2008..The short (S) allele of the serotonin transporter gene promoter polymorphism (5-HTTLPR) contributes to the risk of alcohol dependence and co-occurring clinical features. We studied the putative link between this allele and relapse...
- The TaqI A DRD2 polymorphism in type II alcohol dependence: a marker of age at onset or of a familial disease?Emmanuel Pinto
Department of Psychiatry, University of Liege, CHU Sart Tilman B35, Liege, Belgium
Alcohol 43:271-5. 2009..However, the A1 allele of the DRD2 may be a marker of male familial alcoholism, which has been associated with type II alcohol dependence...
- [Genetic factors of alcohol-dependence]E Pinto
Service de Psychiatrie et de Psychologie Médicale, Universite de Liege, CHU Sart Tilman, BP 35, 4000 Liege, Belgique
Encephale 35:461-9. 2009....
- Vasopressin-neurophysin and DST in major depression: relationship with suicidal behaviorWilliam Pitchot
Department of Psychiatry, Psychoneuroendocrinology Unit, University of Liege, CHU of Liege, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Psychiatr Res 42:684-8. 2008..29+/-0.13 ng/ml vs 0.36+/-0.21 ng/ml, (F=1.1, df=1, 27, p=0.30). Suicide attempters did not differ from nonattempters for AVP-neurophysins levels. Our results fail to support a role of AVP in the early cortisol escape...
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine 1A receptors, major depression, and suicidal behaviorWilliam Pitchot
Psychiatric Unit, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Biol Psychiatry 58:854-8. 2005..Therefore, the aim of our study was to use a neuroendocrine strategy to test the hypothesis of a role for 5-HT1A receptors in the biology of suicidal behavior...
- Event-related potentials to emotional and neutral stimuli in alcoholismMichel Hansenne
Department of Cognitive Sciences, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Neuropsychobiology 48:77-81. 2003..Besides, the results imply that information processing was delayed in female alcoholic patients. Therefore this study demonstrates a gender-dependent impact of alcohol-related stimuli on information processing...
- Catecholamine and HPA axis dysfunction in depression: relationship with suicidal behaviorWilliam Pitchot
Psychiatric Unit, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Neuropsychobiology 47:152-7. 2003....
- Polymorphisms in the CYP 2D6 gene: association with plasma concentrations of fluoxetine and paroxetineCorinne Charlier
Clinical Toxicology Laboratory, University Hospital, CHU Sart Tilman, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Ther Drug Monit 25:738-42. 2003..In PM fluoxetine-treated patients, drug plasma concentration was significantly higher than that seen in extensive metabolizers...
- Hormonal and temperature responses to the 5-HT1A receptor agonist flesinoxan in normal volunteersWilliam Pitchot
Psychiatric Unit, CHU Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 164:27-32. 2002..Flesinoxan is a highly potent and selective 5-HT(1A) agonist and appears to be a potentially interesting neuroendocrine serotonergic probe...