Beata A Wolucka
Affiliation: Pasteur Institute
- Methyl jasmonate stimulates the de novo biosynthesis of vitamin C in plant cell suspensionsBeata A Wolucka
Pasteur Institute of Brussels, Engeland Street 642, B 1180 Brussels, Belgium
J Exp Bot 56:2527-38. 2005..As far as is known, this is the first report of a hormonal regulation of vitamin C biosynthesis in plants. Finally, the role of ascorbic acid in jasmonate-regulated stress responses is reviewed...
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis possesses a functional enzyme for the synthesis of vitamin C, L-gulono-1,4-lactone dehydrogenaseBeata A Wolucka
Laboratory of Mycobacterial Biochemistry, Pasteur Institute of Brussels, Institute of Public Health, Belgium
FEBS J 273:4435-45. 2006..In conclusion, M. tuberculosis produces a novel, highly specific L-gulono-1,4-lactone dehydrogenase (Rv1771) and has the capacity to synthesize vitamin C...
- The VTC2 cycle and the de novo biosynthesis pathways for vitamin C in plants: an opinionBeata A Wolucka
Laboratory of Mycobacterial Biochemistry, Institute of Public Health, 642 Engeland Street, B 1180 Brussels, Belgium
Phytochemistry 68:2602-13. 2007..An evolutionary scenario is discussed for the acquisition of genes of eubacterial origin for the de novo synthesis of l-ascorbic acid in green algae and plants...
- Biosynthesis of D-arabinose in mycobacteria - a novel bacterial pathway with implications for antimycobacterial therapyBeata A Wolucka
Laboratory of Mycobacterial Biochemistry, Institute of Public Health, Brussels, Belgium
FEBS J 275:2691-711. 2008....
- GDP-mannose 3',5'-epimerase forms GDP-L-gulose, a putative intermediate for the de novo biosynthesis of vitamin C in plantsBeata A Wolucka
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB, Kasteelpark Arenberg 31, B 3001 Leuven Heverlee, Belgium
J Biol Chem 278:47483-90. 2003..Exogenous L-gulose and L-gulono-1,4-lactone serve as direct precursors of l-ascorbic acid in plant cells. We propose an L-gulose pathway for the de novo biosynthesis of vitamin C in plants...
- Structural and topological studies on the lipid-mediated assembly of a membrane-associated lipomannan in Micrococcus luteusLeroy S Pakkiri
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Glycobiology 14:73-81. 2004..Based on all of these results, a topological model is proposed for the lipid-mediated assembly of the membrane-bound lipomannan...
- Structure and function of GDP-mannose-3',5'-epimerase: an enzyme which performs three chemical reactions at the same active siteLouise L Major
Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of St Andrews, North Haugh, St Andrews, Fife, Scotland KY16 9ST, United Kingdom
J Am Chem Soc 127:18309-20. 2005..Comparison of GME with other SDR enzymes known to abstract a protein alpha to the keto function of a carbohydrate identifies key common features...