Marie Cecile Nassogne
- Massive subdural haematomas in Menkes disease mimicking shaken baby syndromeMarie Cecile Nassogne
Service de Neurologie Pediatrique, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Avenue Hippocrate 10 1062, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Childs Nerv Syst 18:729-31. 2002..Cardinal features include hair abnormalities, facial dysmorphism, severe neurological impairment, hypothermia, arterial anomalies, bone abnormalities and a fatal outcome...
- Urea cycle defects: management and outcomeM C Nassogne
Paediatric Neurology Unit, Department of Paediatrics, Saint Luc Hospital Brussels, Belgium
J Inherit Metab Dis 28:407-14. 2005..Patients with late-onset forms may present at any age and carry a 28% mortality rate and a subsequent risk of subsequent disabilities...
- Comparison of clinical, magnetic resonance and evoked potentials data in a case of valproic-acid-related hyperammonemic comaPhilippe Hantson
Department of Intensive Care, Cliniques Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate, 10, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Eur Radiol 15:59-64. 2005..Later, the resolution of the MR and MEPs abnormalities paralleled the clinical recovery of the reflexes...
- Selective direct toxicity of cocaine on fetal mouse neurons. Teratogenic implications of neurite and apoptotic neuronal lossM C Nassogne
Cell Biology Unit, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Brussels, Belgium
Ann N Y Acad Sci 846:51-68. 1998..These effects are not due to cocaine metabolites. The contributions of indirect and direct effects that could account for cocaine neuroteratogenicity are finally discussed...
- In contrast to cocaine, prenatal exposure to methadone does not produce detectable alterations in the developing mouse brainM C Nassogne
Cell Biology Unit, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Louvain University Medical School, 75, Avenue Hippocrate, B 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 110:61-7. 1998..In conclusion, supratherapeutic methadone doses induce intrauterine growth retardation in mice, but spare brain cytoarchitecture. In contrast, cocaine produces less growth retardation, but severely disturbs neocortical layering...
- Identification of undescribed medium-chain acylcarnitines present in urine of patients with propionic and methylmalonic acidemiasR Libert
Laboratoire des Maladies Metaboliques, Departement de Biologie Clinique, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, 10 Avenue Hippocrate, B 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Chim Acta 295:87-96. 2000..We suggest mechanisms for the biosynthesis of these branched fatty acids, and their accumulation in urine during episodes of caloric imbalance...
- Polymicrogyria and motor neuropathy in Micro syndromeM C Nassogne
Service de Neurologie Pediatrique, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Bruxelles, Belgium
Neuropediatrics 31:218-21. 2000..We report on polymicrogyria and motor neuropathy in a patient with Micro syndrome. These findings provide new insights into developmental defects underlying motor and mental disabilities...
- Neuroimaging of intraparenchymal lesions predicts outcome in shaken baby syndromeChristine Bonnier
Service de Neurologie Pediatrique, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Pediatrics 112:808-14. 2003..The aim of this study was to describe clinical and imaging features over time and to consider their value for predicting neurodevelopmental outcome...