Olivier Le Bon
- Age distribution curve in psychiatric admissions inversely correlates with Life SatisfactionOlivier Le Bon
Universite Libre de Bruxelles, CHU Tivoli, Psychiatry Unit, Avenue Max Buset 34, 7100 La Louviere, Belgium Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 219:232-4. 2014..It may indicate that the peak of mental disorders at midlife reflects a less satisfactory period of life or, conversely, that the mental health load burdens of Life Satisfaction. ..
- Contribution of sleep research to the development of new antidepressantsOlivier Le Bon
Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Dialogues Clin Neurosci 7:305-13. 2005....
- Ultradian cycles in mice: definitions and links with REMS and NREMSO Le Bon
CHU Tivoli, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, av Max Buset 34, 7100, La Louviere, Belgium
J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol 193:1021-32. 2007..This convergence between monophasic and polyphasic patterns supports the central role played by REMS in sleep alternation...
- Cognitive impairment in fatigue and sleepiness associated conditionsDaniel Neu
Brugmann University Hospital, Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Department of Psychiatry, Universite Libre De Bruxelles U L B, Brussels, Belgium
Psychiatry Res 189:128-34. 2011..In our sample cognitive impairment and psychomotor performance were worse when associated to sleepiness in SAHS than with fatigue in CFS...
- Relationships between the number of ultradian cycles and key sleep variables in outpatients with major depressive disorderOlivier Le Bon
CHU Tivoli, Department of Psychiatry, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, av Max Buset 34, 7100 La Louviere, Belgium
Psychiatry Res 165:60-7. 2009..Also, when the RL is shorter, there are more ultradian cycles than when the RL is long. This adds an interesting element in the elucidation of the physiological meaning of anomalies of RL...
- Are patients with chronic fatigue syndrome just 'tired' or also 'sleepy'?Daniel Neu
University Hospital Brugmann, Sleep Laboratory, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Brussels, Belgium
J Sleep Res 17:427-31. 2008..Despite possible overlap in symptoms and signs of both daytime conditions, our data indirectly support the clinical distinction between fatigue and sleepiness...
- High slow-wave sleep and low-light sleep: chronic fatigue syndrome is not likely to be a primary sleep disorderDaniel Neu
Brugmann University Hospital, Sleep Laboratory, and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Universite Libre De Bruxelles U L B, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Neurophysiol 26:207-12. 2009..Anxiety, but not depression symptoms were more intense in the CFS group. The distribution of nonrapid eye movement sleep in CFS differs sizeably from what can be observed in a primary sleep disorder...
- Ultra-slow delta power in chronic fatigue syndromeOlivier Le Bon
Brugmann University Hospital, Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Universite Libre De Bruxelles U L B, Brussels, Belgium
Psychiatry Res 200:742-7. 2012..From a neurophysiological standpoint, lower ultra-slow wave power may indicate abnormalities in the oscillations in membrane potential or a failure in neural recruitment in those with CFS...
- Do 'sleepy' and 'tired' go together? Rasch analysis of the relationships between sleepiness, fatigue and nonrestorative sleep complaints in a nonclinical population sampleDaniel Neu
Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Brugmann University Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Neuroepidemiology 35:1-11. 2010..We propose to use Rasch analysis-based methods to study the interrelations of fatigue, sleepiness and NRS...
- Major depression in males: effects of age, severity and adaptation on sleep variablesPhilippe Hubain
Department of Psychiatry, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Psychiatry Res 145:169-77. 2006..This sleep reduction affected both REMS and NREMS, in comparable percentages. This supports the hypothesis of a hyperarousal possibly linked to stress...
- Sleep quality perception in the chronic fatigue syndrome: correlations with sleep efficiency, affective symptoms and intensity of fatigueDaniel Neu
Sleep Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Brugmann, Brussels, Belgium
Neuropsychobiology 56:40-6. 2007..Furthermore, correlations of subjective fatigue, PSQI, affective symptoms and objective parameters such as sleep efficiency are poorly described in the literature...
- Dimensions of pure chronic fatigue: psychophysical, cognitive and biological correlates in the chronic fatigue syndromeDaniel Neu
Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Department of Psychiatry, Brugmann University Hospital, Universite Libre De Bruxelles U L B, Arthur Van Gehuchten Square, 1020, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Appl Physiol 114:1841-51. 2014....
- Non-REM sleep EEG power distribution in fatigue and sleepinessDaniel Neu
Brugmann University Hospital, Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Free University of Brussels U L B V U B, Brussels, Belgium UNI, ULB Neurosciences Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory for Medical Psychology ULB312, Universite Libre De Bruxelles U L B, Brussels, Belgium Electronic address
J Psychosom Res 76:286-91. 2014..The aim of this study is to contribute to the sleep-related differentiation between daytime fatigue and sleepiness...
- Clinical complaints of daytime sleepiness and fatigue: how to distinguish and treat them, especially when they become 'excessive' or 'chronic'?Daniel Neu
Brugmann University Hospital, Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Neurol Belg 110:15-25. 2010..Clinical research and practice should systematically investigate both conditions with adequate measurement tools. Behavioural medicine is certainly underestimated, especially in the management of chronic daytime fatigue...
- Slow wave sleep in the chronically fatigued: Power spectra distribution patterns in chronic fatigue syndrome and primary insomniaDaniel Neu
Brugmann University Hospital, Sleep Laboratory and Unit for Chronobiology U78, Universite Libre De Bruxelles U L B, Brussels, Belgium UNI, ULB Neurosciences Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory for Medical Psychology ULB312, Universite Libre De Bruxelles U L B, Brussels, Belgium Electronic address
Clin Neurophysiol 126:1926-33. 2015..Impaired sleep homeostasis has been suspected in both CFS and PI...
- Neurocognitive determinants of novelty and sensation-seeking in individuals with alcoholismXavier Noel
Psychological Medicine Laboratory, Campus Brugmann, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Alcohol Alcohol 46:407-15. 2011..However, little is known about the specific and common cognitive processes associated with NS and sensation-seeking personality traits in detoxified sober alcoholic abusers...
- Inverse association between Slow Wave Activity per cycle and the number of ultradian sleep cycles per night in healthy humansOlivier Le Bon
Sleep Research Unit, Brugmann University Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, CHU Brugmann S78, Place Van Gehuchten 4, 1020 Bruxelles, Belgium
Clin Neurophysiol 116:1493-500. 2005..Comparisons of sleep Slow Wave Activity (SWA) during successive sleep cycles rely on the assumption that SWA in a given cycle is independent of the number of ultradian cycles present in a night. This assumption was evaluated here...
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the efficacy of trazodone in alcohol post-withdrawal syndrome: polysomnographic and clinical evaluationsOlivier Le Bon
Brugmann University Hospital, CHU Brugmann S78, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:377-83. 2003..Hamilton and Clinical Global scales were better for the TRZ group. TRZ is thus a potential option in the treatment of alcohol post-withdrawal insomnia...
- First-night effect in the chronic fatigue syndromeOlivier Le Bon
Department of Psychiatry, CHU Brugmann S48, Place Van Gehuchten 4, 1020 Brussels, Belgium
Psychiatry Res 120:191-9. 2003..Chronic fatigue syndrome must thus be added on the list of conditions where a clinically significant habituation effect takes place...
- Sleep microstructure around sleep onset differentiates major depressive insomnia from primary insomniaLuc Staner
FORENAP Institute for Research in Neurosciences, Neuropharmacology and Psychiatry, Centre Hospitalier, Rouffach, France
J Sleep Res 12:319-30. 2003..This study supports the idea that different mechanisms are implicated in sleep disturbances experienced by primary insomniacs and major depressive insomniacs...