- Adipose tissues as endocrine target organsNicolas Lanthier
Laboratoire de Gastroentérologie et Hépatologie, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium Service d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium Electronic address
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 28:545-58. 2014..Also we will review surgical and pharmacological procedures to target adiposity as therapeutic interventions to treat obesity-associated disorders. ..
- Liver progenitor cells and therapeutic potential of stem cells in human chronic liver diseasesNicolas Lanthier
Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Specialities Department, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 76:3-9. 2013..Present data on stem cell therapy are heterogeneous in terms of methods and endpoints; thus, results need to be carefully examined prior to drawing a conclusion on possible benefits...
- Impact of PPAR-α induction on glucose homoeostasis in alcohol-fed miceValérie Lebrun
Laboratory of Hepato Gastroenterology, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Clin Sci (Lond) 125:501-11. 2013..PPAR-α agonist treatment that prevents steatosis and dampens hepatic inflammation also prevents alcohol-induced hepatic insulin resistance. However, KC depletion has little impact on OH-induced metabolic disturbances...
- Autologous bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation in patients with decompensated alcoholic liver disease: a randomized controlled trialLaurent Spahr
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 8:e53719. 2013..We assessed whether autologous bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation (BMMCT) improved liver function in decompensated ALD...
- Kupffer cell depletion prevents but has no therapeutic effect on metabolic and inflammatory changes induced by a high-fat dietNicolas Lanthier
Laboratoire d Hépato Gastro Entérologie, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, UCL GAEN 5379, Ave E Mounier 53, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
FASEB J 25:4301-11. 2011..Preventive and prolonged KC depletion ameliorates insulin sensitivity and prevents adipose tissue inflammation, suggesting a communication between the liver and the adipose tissue in the development of HFD-induced metabolic alterations...
- Hepatic cell proliferation plays a pivotal role in the prognosis of alcoholic hepatitisNicolas Lanthier
Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland Laboratory of Hepato Gastroenterology, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Hepatol 63:609-21. 2015..We aimed to characterize the LPC and macrophage compartments in alcoholic hepatitis (AH), as well as gene expression patterns to identify predictors of a good prognosis in this setting...
- Kupffer cells influence parenchymal invasion and phenotypic orientation, but not the proliferation, of liver progenitor cells in a murine model of liver injuryNoémi Van Hul
Laboratory of Hepato Gastroenterology, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain UCL, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Pathol 179:1839-50. 2011..Depletion of KC may limit the LPC parenchymal invasion through a deficiency in chemoattracting factors, reduced activation of MF, and/or a paucity of the ECM framework necessary for cell motility...
- Intramural hematoma of the esophagusDahlia Thao Cao
Department of Medical Specialties, Gastroenterology and Hepatology Division, University Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Case Rep Gastroenterol 6:510-7. 2012..The treatment is conservative and the prognosis usually excellent with complete resolution within a few weeks...