Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Outcome and outcome trajectories of personality disordered patients during and after a psychoanalytic hospitalization-based treatmentRudi Vermote
University Psychiatric Centre University of Leuven, campus Kortenberg, Leuvensesteenweg, 517, 3070 Kortenberg, Belgium
J Pers Disord 23:294-307. 2009..Results are discussed in the context of other studies showing the need for differential treatment approaches based on pretreatment characteristics...
- Process and outcome in psychodynamic hospitalization-based treatment for patients with a personality disorderRudi Vermote
University Psychiatric Centre, University of Leuven, campus Kortenberg, 3070 Kortenberg, Belgium
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:110-5. 2010..Linear changes in self and object representation and felt safety, but not in reflective functioning, predicted improvement in outcome...
- [A psychodynamic approach to self-harm in patients with a borderline personality disorder]R Ghijsens
KLIPP, Universitair Psychiatrisch Centrum UPC KU Leuven, Kortenberg, Belgie
Tijdschr Psychiatr 52:321-30. 2010..g. self-inflicted punishment. More recent theories, however, focus on the role of self-harm in basic psychic functioning, such as affect regulation...
- Patterns of inner change and their relation with patient characteristics and outcome in a psychoanalytic hospitalization-based treatment for personality disordered patientsRudi Vermote
University Psychiatric Centre, University of Leuven, campus Kortenberg, Belgium
Clin Psychol Psychother 18:303-13. 2011..Both clusters showed a significant decrease in symptoms and an improvement in personality functioning during treatment and at 3-month follow-up. Clinical implications of these findings are discussed...
- A psychoanalytically informed hospitalization-based treatment of personality disordersRudi Vermote
University Psychiatric Center KuLeuven, Leuvensesteenweg 517, 3070, Kortenberg, Belgium
Int J Psychoanal 96:817-43. 2015..At 5-year follow-up, patients showed sustained improvement in symptomatic distress and further improvement in terms of personality and interpersonal functioning. ..
- Levels of personality functioning and their association with clinical features and interpersonal functioning in patients with personality disordersBenedicte Lowyck
University Psychiatric Centre, University of Leuven, campus Kortenberg, Kortenberg, Belgium
J Pers Disord 27:320-36. 2013..However, more research concerning the validity of these measures in assessing levels of personality functioning is needed. Suggestions for further research are formulated...
- The Construct Validity of the Dutch Personality Inventory for DSM-5 Personality Disorders (PID-5) in a Clinical SampleTim Bastiaens
University Psychiatric Centre, KU Leuven, campus Kortenberg, Kortenberg, Belgium
Assessment 23:42-51. 2016..Our results confirmed the original five-factor structure of the PID-5. The reliability and the convergent and discriminant validity of the PID-5 proved to be adequate. Implications for future research are discussed. ..