Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- The effect of atorvastatin on postprandial lipaemia in overweight or obese women homozygous for apo E3G Vansant
Catholic University Leuven, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Nutrition, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 56:149-54. 2001..To determine the effect of atorvastatin on postprandial lipaemia in overweight or obese women with the apoprotein (apo) E3/E3 genotype...
- The assessment of dietary habits in obese women: influence of eating behavior patternsGreet Vansant
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Nutrition, Catholic University Leuven, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Eat Disord 14:121-9. 2006..Eating behavior characteristics influence the accuracy of self-reported dietary intake in obese women...
- Socioeconomic, health, and dietary determinants of multivitamin supplements use in BelgiumPatrick Mullie
Department of Nutrition, Preventive Medicine and Leuven Food Science and Nutrition Research Centre, Catholic University Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35 Bus 7001, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Public Health 56:289-94. 2011..This study aimed at investigating the use of multivitamin supplements in relationship to dietary pattern, socio-economic conditions and some health indicators...
- Distribution of cardiovascular risk factors in Belgian army menPatrick Mullie
Department of Nutrition, Preventive Medicine and Leuven Food Science and Nutrition Research Centre LFoRCe, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Arch Environ Occup Health 65:135-9. 2010..In conclusion, high-risk groups in Belgian army men are younger than 40 years of age, and smokers. Active prevention should focus on this group with special attention to the specificity of each rank category...
- Lifestyle changes and breast cancer prognosis: a reviewEliane Kellen
Universitaire Ziekenhuizen Leuven LUCK, Kapucijnenvoer 33, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Breast Cancer Res Treat 114:13-22. 2009..We reviewed the published literature in our search for modifiable factors valuable as an adjuvant health measure to surgery, radio and systemic therapy for breast cancer...
- Micronutrient levels and supplement intake in pregnancy after bariatric surgery: a prospective cohort studyRoland Devlieger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium Department of Development and Regeneration, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 9:e114192. 2014..Studies report frequent micronutrient deficiencies after bariatric surgery, but less is known about micronutrient levels of pregnant women after bariatric surgery...
- Assessment of isokinetic muscle strength in women who are obeseMaria Hulens
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 32:347-56. 2002..Cross-sectional study of isokinetic trunk and knee muscle strength in women who are obese...
- Effect of lifestyle intervention on dietary habits, physical activity, and gestational weight gain in obese pregnant women: a randomized controlled trialIsabelle Guelinckx
Department of Nutrition Public Health Medicine, LFoRCe, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Clin Nutr 91:373-80. 2010..Maternal obesity and excessive gestational weight gain (GWG) are major short- and long-term risk factors for maternal and fetal complications...
- Electromyographic Abnormalities Associated with Symptomatic Sacral Tarlov CystsMieke Hulens
Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Research Unit, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Pain Pract 16:E81-8. 2016..Moreover, using electromyography it was also documented that smaller cysts of < 1 cm can cause nerve damage. Therefore incidence of symptomatic TC may be higher than initially thought...
- Modulation of protein fermentation does not affect fecal water toxicity: a randomized cross-over study in healthy subjectsKaren Windey
Translational Research Center for Gastrointestinal Disorders and Leuven Food Science and Nutrition Research Centre, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, KU Leven Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e52387. 2012..We modified protein fermentation in healthy subjects to assess the effects on colonic metabolism and parameters of gut health, and to identify metabolites associated with toxicity...
- Evaluation of body fat estimated from body mass index and impedance in Belgian male military candidates: comparing two methods for estimating body compositionPatrick Mullie
Unit of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Queen Astrid Military Hospital, Bruynstraat 1, B 1120 Brussels, Belgium
Mil Med 173:266-70. 2008..The study objective was to evaluate whether a classification based on body mass index (BMI) agrees with a classification based on body fat mass, estimated by bioelectrical impedance...
- The impact of reimbursement criteria on the appropriateness of 'statin' prescribingPhilippe Autier
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 10:456-62. 2003..41 mmol/l) after a three-month lipid-lowering diet. We investigated the possible impact of these regulations on characteristics of Belgian patients receiving a lipid-lowering drug...