Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Exercise performance and training in cardiac patients with atrial fibrillationL Vanhees
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Leuven, Belgium
J Cardiopulm Rehabil 20:346-52. 2000..Therefore, this study compared exercise performance and the effect of an exercise training program over a period of 3 months in patients with and without AF...
- A representative study of cardiac rehabilitation activities in European Union Member States: the Carinex surveyLucas Vanhees
Cardiovasculaire Revalidatie, University of Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Cardiopulm Rehabil 22:264-72. 2002..Such information would facilitate service development across European Union (EU) Member States. A first EU-wide postal survey to provide baseline data was conducted...
- Effect of bisoprolol and atenolol on endurance exercise capacity in healthy menL Vanhees
Department of Molecular and Cardiovascular Research, Faculty of Medicine, KU Leuven University of Leuven, Belgium
J Hypertens 18:35-43. 2000..To compare the effects of a highly beta1-selective adrenoceptor antagonist bisoprolol with those of atenolol and placebo on endurance exercise capacity in young, healthy male volunteers...
- Comparison of cardiac output measured by two automated methods of CO2 rebreathingL Vanhees
Department of Molecular and Cardiovascular Research, Faculty of Medicine, K U Leuven, Belgium
Med Sci Sports Exerc 32:1028-34. 2000....
- Exercise performance and training in patients with implantable cardioverter-defibrillators and coronary heart diseaseL Vanhees
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Physical Education and Physical Therapy, K U Leuven University of Leuven, Belgium
Am J Cardiol 87:712-5. 2001..Selected patients with ICD can be encouraged to participate in medically supervised exercise training programs. The results of this study should be confirmed with additional studies on larger numbers of subjects...
- Effect of exercise training in patients with an implantable cardioverter defibrillatorLuc Vanhees
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, K U Leuven, Belgium
Eur Heart J 25:1120-6. 2004..This study aims to investigate the effect of exercise training in ICD patients in comparison to the effects in other cardiac patients without an ICD...
- Determinants of the effects of physical training and of the complications requiring resuscitation during exercise in patients with cardiovascular diseaseLuc Vanhees
Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Unit, Dept of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Physical Education and Physical Therapy, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 11:304-12. 2004....