Lieselot Van Deun
Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Bilateral cochlear implants in children: binaural unmaskingLieselot Van Deun
ExpORL, Department of Neurosciences, KU Leuven, Belgium
Audiol Neurootol 14:240-7. 2009..4 dB. The present results show that children with bilateral CIs are sensitive to binaural cues in electrical stimuli, similar to adults, even when implants are provided at a later age and with a longer delay between implantations...
- Sound localization, sound lateralization, and binaural masking level differences in young children with normal hearingLieselot Van Deun
ExpORL Department of Neurosciences, KU Leuven, O and N2, Herestraat 49 bus 721, Leuven, Belgium
Ear Hear 30:178-90. 2009..Sensitivity for these tasks was assessed in large groups of children between 4 and 9 yr of age to investigate potential developmental trends...
- Earlier intervention leads to better sound localization in children with bilateral cochlear implantsLieselot Van Deun
ExpORL Department of Neurosciences, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Audiol Neurootol 15:7-17. 2010....
- Spatial speech perception benefits in young children with normal hearing and cochlear implantsLieselot Van Deun
ExpORL, Department of Neurosciences, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Ear Hear 31:702-13. 2010....
- Binaural unmasking of multi-channel stimuli in bilateral cochlear implant usersLieselot Van Deun
ExpORL Department of Neurosciences, K U Leuven, Belgium
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 12:659-70. 2011....
- Speech understanding in background noise with the two-microphone adaptive beamformer BEAM in the Nucleus Freedom Cochlear Implant SystemAnn Spriet
ExpORL, Dept Neurosciences, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Ear Hear 28:62-72. 2007..This paper evaluates the benefit of the two-microphone adaptive beamformer BEAM in the Nucleus Freedom cochlear implant (CI) system for speech understanding in background noise by CI users...
- Horizontal localization with bilateral hearing aids: without is better than withTim Van den Bogaert
Lab Exp ORL, K U Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 33, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Acoust Soc Am 119:515-26. 2006..ii) Bilateral, i.e., independently operating hearing aids do not preserve localization cues. (iii) Overall, adaptive directional noise reduction can have an additional and significant negative impact on localization performance...
- APEX/SPIN: a free test platform to measure speech intelligibilityTom Francart
a Department of Neurosciences, Experimental Oto rhino laryngology, U Leuven University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Audiol . 2016..Measuring speech intelligibility in quiet and noise is important in clinical practice and research. An easy-to-use free software platform for conducting speech tests is presented, called APEX/SPIN...
- Assessing temporal modulation sensitivity using electrically evoked auditory steady state responsesRobert Luke
ExpORL, Department Neurosciences, KULeuven, O and N 2, Herestraat 49 bus 721, 3000 Leuven, Belgium Electronic address
Hear Res 324:37-45. 2015..This relation was driven by across-subject variation. This result indicates that EASSRs may be used as an objective measure of site-specific temporal sensitivity for CI users. ..