Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Evaluation of a real world intervention using professional football players to promote a healthy diet and physical activity in children and adolescents from a lower socio-economic background: a controlled pretest-posttest designVeerle Dubuy
Department of Movement and Sport Sciences, Ghent University, Watersportlaan 2, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
BMC Public Health 14:457. 2014....
- Evaluation of a workplace intervention to promote commuter cycling: a RE-AIM analysisVeerle Dubuy
Department of Movement and Sport Sciences, Ghent University, Watersportlaan 2, Ghent B 9000, Belgium
BMC Public Health 13:587. 2013..The study purpose was to evaluate the dissemination efforts of the program and to gain insights in whether free participation could persuade small and middle-sized companies to sign up...
- Clustering of multiple lifestyle behaviours and its relationship with weight status and cardiorespiratory fitness in a sample of Flemish 11- to 12-year-oldsJan Seghers
Department of Human Kinesiology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Tervuursevest 101, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Public Health Nutr 13:1838-46. 2010..The present study also investigated whether the identified groups could be characterised by gender and components of health-related physical fitness, especially weight status and cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF)...
- Bias in self-reported height and weight in preadolescentsJan Seghers
Department of Human Kinesiology, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
J Pediatr 157:911-6. 2010..To examine the validity of self-reported height and weight and factors related to misreporting in preadolescents. The accuracy of screening for underweight (thinness), overweight, and obesity using self-reported data was also tested...
- Muscle fatigue of the elbow flexor muscles during two intermittent exercise protocols with equal mean muscle loadingJan Seghers
Laboratory of Ergonomics and Occupational Biomechanics, Department of Kinesiology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Tervuursevest 101, Leuven 3001, Belgium
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 19:24-30. 2004..This study investigated the influence of two intermittent exercise protocols, with equal mean muscle loading, on the mechanical and myoelectrical signs of fatigue in the elbow flexor muscles...
- Exercise programs for older men: mode and intensity to induce the highest possible health-related benefitsChristophe Delecluse
Department of Kinesiology, Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Prev Med 39:823-33. 2004..Additionally, effects of moderate- and low-intensity resistance training are compared...
- Posture, muscle activity and muscle fatigue in prolonged VDT work at different screen height settingsJan Seghers
Laboratory of Ergonomics and Occupational Biomechanics, Dept of Kinesiology, Catholic University of Leuven, Tervuursevest 101, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Ergonomics 46:714-30. 2003..Muscle activity increased significantly in some muscles and for certain screen heights...
- Habitual level of physical activity and muscle fatigue of the elbow flexor muscles in older menJan Seghers
Department of Kinesiology Laboratory of Ergonomics and Occupational Biomechanics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Tervuursevest 101, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Appl Physiol 89:427-34. 2003....