Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Human embryonic and rat adult stem cells with primitive endoderm-like phenotype can be fated to definitive endoderm, and finally hepatocyte-like cellsPhilip Roelandt
Interdepartmental Stem Cell Institute Leuven, Catholic University Leuven, and Hepatology Department, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 5:e12101. 2010..This differentiation protocol will be useful for generating hepatocyte-like cells from rodent and human stem cells, and to gain insight into the early stages of liver development...
- Differentiation of rat multipotent adult progenitor cells to functional hepatocyte-like cells by mimicking embryonic liver developmentPhilip Roelandt
Interdepartmental Stem Cell Institute Leuven, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Nat Protoc 5:1324-36. 2010....
- Directed differentiation of pluripotent stem cells to functional hepatocytesPhilip Roelandt
Stem Cell Institute, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Methods Mol Biol 997:141-7. 2013....
- Culture of mouse embryonic stem cells with serum but without exogenous growth factors is sufficient to generate functional hepatocyte-like cellsKaren Pauwelyn
Stem Cell Institute Leuven, Catholic University Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 6:e23096. 2011..These results suggest that differences exist between lineage specific differentiation potential of mESC and hESC, requiring optimization of different protocols for ESC from either species...
- Heterozygous α1-antitrypsin Z allele mutation in presumed healthy donor livers used for transplantationPhilip Roelandt
aDepartment of Gastroenterology, OLV Hospital, Aalst Departments of bHepatology cPathology dHuman Genetics eAbdominal Transplantation Surgery, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven fHistocompatibility and Immunogenetics Lab, Mechelen, Belgium
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:1335-9. 2013..We analyzed the incidence, epidemiology, and clinical features of AAT accumulation in the hepatocytes after liver transplantation...
- Directed differentiation of murine-induced pluripotent stem cells to functional hepatocyte-like cellsPau Sancho-Bru
Interdepartmental Stem Cell Institute Leuven, Catholic University Leuven, Belgium
J Hepatol 54:98-107. 2011..Therefore, it is important to develop procedures which are specifically oriented to induce iPS cell differentiation...
- Human pluripotent stem cell-derived hepatocytes support complete replication of hepatitis C virusPhilip Roelandt
Interdepartmental Stem Cell Institute Leuven, KU Leuven, Belgium
J Hepatol 57:246-51. 2012..Therefore, there is significant interest in the establishment from of a HCV culture system in human stem cell-derived hepatocyte-like cells...
- HNF1B deficiency causes ciliary defects in human cholangiocytesPhilip Roelandt
Hepatology Department, University Hospitals Leuven, Belgium
Hepatology 56:1178-81. 2012..Electron microscopy revealed a paucity or absence of normal primary cilia. Therefore, heterozygous HNF1B deficiency is associated with ciliary anomalies in cholangiocytes, and this may cause cholestasis...