Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Impaired tolerance for glucose in women with recurrent vaginal candidiasisGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Hospital Heilig Hart Tienen, Tienen, Belgium
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:989-93. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine whether nondiabetic women with recurrent vaginal candidiasis have an impaired glucose metabolism...
- Comparison of two types of dipsticks to measure vaginal pH in clinical practiceGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Hospital H Hart Tienen, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 134:220-4. 2007..To assess the practical use of two dispsticks for measuring vaginal pH with a range 4-7 (Merck and Macherey Nagel in the diagnosis of vaginal infections...
- Characteristics of the pain observed in the focal vulvodynia syndrome (VVS)Gilbert Donders
Femicare, Vzw Clinical Research for Women, Tienen, Belgium
Med Hypotheses 78:11-4. 2012..Hence disease with bi-focal disease may have a different ethiopathogenesis that 4-focal disease. Glands of Bartholin and Skene may be involved in this pathogenenis...
- Effect of ultra-low-dose estriol and lactobacilli vaginal tablets (Gynoflor®) on inflammatory and infectious markers of the vaginal ecosystem in postmenopausal women with breast cancer on aromatase inhibitorsG Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 34:2023-8. 2015..Candida may develop soon after its use, but rapidly disappears again upon their prolonged use. Due to its excellent safety profiles and clinical efficacy we recommend this product as first choice in women on AI with severe dyspareunia...
- Ultra-low-dose estriol and Lactobacillus acidophilus vaginal tablets (Gynoflor(®)) for vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal breast cancer patients on aromatase inhibitors: pharmacokinetic, safety, and efficacy phase I clinical studyGilbert Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium
Breast Cancer Res Treat 145:371-9. 2014....
- Association of Trichomonas vaginalis and cytological abnormalities of the cervix in low risk womenGilbert G G Donders
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Antwerpen, Antwerpen, Belgium Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Heilig Hart Regional Hospital, Tienen, Belgium Department Clinical Research for Women, Tienen, Belgium
PLoS ONE 8:e86266. 2013..Is Trichomonas vaginalis (TV) an inducing factor for the development of (pre-)cancerous lesions of the cervix?..
- A multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study of rifaximin for the treatment of bacterial vaginosisGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Regional Hospital Heilig Hart, Tienen and University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 120:131-6. 2013..To compare efficacy and tolerability between different regimens of rifaximin vaginal tablets and a placebo for treatment of bacterial vaginosis...
- Cream with cutaneous fibroblast lysate for the treatment of provoked vestibulodynia: a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled crossover studyGilbert G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Regional Hospital Heilig Hart, Tienen, Belgium
J Low Genit Tract Dis 16:427-36. 2012..Is treatment of provoked localized vulvodynia with cutaneous lysate skin cream containing human cytokines effective?..
- Acceptance of self-testing for increased vaginal pH in different subsets of Ugandan womenG G G Donders
Department of Ob Gyn, University Hospital, Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Int J STD AIDS 23:30-5. 2012..Our new method also allows diagnostic work-up by formal microscopy. Before commencing large-scale population screening, unexpected reactions of different subpopulations should be taken into account...
- Self-elimination of risk factors for recurrent vaginal candidosisGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, General Hospital H Hart Tienen, Leuven, Belgium
Mycoses 54:39-45. 2011..Among these changes, lowering intake of sugars, preventing perineum humidity and stopping oral contraceptives were the most important...
- Diagnosis and management of bacterial vaginosis and other types of abnormal vaginal bacterial flora: a reviewGilbert Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Regional Hospital H Hart Tienen, Belgium
Obstet Gynecol Surv 65:462-73. 2010..The clinical and microscopic features and diagnosis of BV are herein reviewed, and antibiotic and non-antibiotic treatment approaches discussed...
- The effect of antifungal treatment on the vaginal flora of women with vulvo-vaginal yeast infection with or without bacterial vaginosisG Donders
Clinical Research Center Femicare, Lombardstraat 28, 3300, Tienen, Belgium
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 30:59-63. 2011..Treatment with antifungals may have a beneficial effect on women with concurrent BV, but does not prevent BV from occurring in BV-negative women with Candida vaginitis...
- Easiness of use and validity testing of VS-SENSE device for detection of abnormal vaginal flora and bacterial vaginosisGilbert G G Donders
Femicare Clinical Research for Women, Lombardstraat 28, 3300 Tienen, Belgium
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2010:504972. 2010..Only one case with normal pH had an unclear result. Concluding, VS-SENSE test is easy to perform, and it correlates with increased pH, AVF, and the severe cases of BV and AV...
- Vaginal flora changes on Pap smears after insertion of levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine deviceGilbert G G Donders
Femicare vzw, Clinical Research for Women, 3300 Tienen, Belgium
Contraception 83:352-6. 2011..Its influence on the rate of vulvovaginal infections and flora disturbance is insufficiently known, but important for contraceptive advice in women, especially those who develop recurrent vaginosis or Candida vulvovaginitis...
- Age of sexual debut and central introital dyspareuniaGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Hospital Heilig Hart Tienen, Tienen, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 158:90-2. 2011..Analysis of characteristics of patients with introital central dyspareunia. Is late coitarche (age at first sexual intercourse) a risk factor for introital dyspareunia?..
- Can vaginal pH be measured from the wet mount slide?G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, General Hospital H Hart Tienen, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 146:100-3. 2009..We also tested whether differences in accuracy were dependent on the sampling devices used or on the diagnosis of the vaginal infections...
- Predictive value for preterm birth of abnormal vaginal flora, bacterial vaginosis and aerobic vaginitis during the first trimester of pregnancyG G Donders
Femicare vzw, Clinical Research for Women, Tienen, Belgium
BJOG 116:1315-24. 2009..Abnormal vaginal flora (AVF) before 14 gestational weeks is a risk factor for preterm birth (PTB). The presence of aerobic microorganisms and an inflammatory response in the vagina may also be important risk factors...
- Vaginal cytokines in normal pregnancyGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 45, Leuven 3000, Belgium
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:1433-8. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine whether the vaginal cytokine concentration varies during the course of uncomplicated pregnancy...
- Management of genital infections in pregnant womenGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Hospital Heilig Hart Tienen, and Gasthuisberg University Hospital, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Tienen, Belgium
Curr Opin Infect Dis 19:55-61. 2006..To examine and evaluate ways of managing genital infections in pregnant women...
- Definition and classification of abnormal vaginal floraGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Algemeen Ziekenhuis Heilig Hart, 3300 Tienen, Belgium
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 21:355-73. 2007..Future research should focus on the interaction between infecting microorganisms and host defence mechanisms, as both together generate the pathogenicity of these conditions...
- Knowledge of cervix cancer, human papilloma virus (HPV) and HPV vaccination at the moment of introduction of the vaccine in women in BelgiumGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, H Hart Hospital, Tienen, Belgium
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:291-8. 2008..To test the knowledge of women, attending a gynecology clinic, on HPV, cervix cancer awareness and the knowledge and willingness to use HPV vaccine for themselves or their children...
- Mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphism and resistance to therapy in women with recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasisG G G Donders
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, H Hart Hospital Tienen, Tienen, Belgium
BJOG 115:1225-31. 2008..Women with recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis (RVC) due to a polymorphism in codon 54 of the MBL2 gene respond better to fluconazole maintenance therapy than do women with other underlying causes...
- Change in knowledge of women about cervix cancer, human papilloma virus (HPV) and HPV vaccination due to introduction of HPV vaccinesGilbert G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the H Hart Hospital, Tienen, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 145:93-5. 2009..Test knowledge of HPV, cervix cancer awareness and acceptance of HPV vaccination of women now and a year ago...
- Variability in diagnosis of clue cells, lactobacillary grading and white blood cells in vaginal wet smears with conventional bright light and phase contrast microscopyG G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Gasthuisberg University Hospital, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 145:109-12. 2009..Study the reproducibility of wet smear interpretation of clue cells, lactobacillary grades and leukocyte dominance with conventional bright light and phase contrast microscopy...
- Efficacy of a single oral dose of 200 mg pramiconazole in vulvovaginal yeast infections: an exploratory phase IIa trialGilbert Donders
Clinical Center Femicare, Tienen, Belgium
Acta Derm Venereol 88:462-6. 2008....
- Individualized decreasing-dose maintenance fluconazole regimen for recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis (ReCiDiF trial)Gilbert Donders
Femicare vzw, Tienen, Belgium
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:613.e1-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to demonstrate the efficacy and safety of an individualized, degressive, prophylactic regimen in 136 women with recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis...
- Placental histological inflammation and reproductive tract infections in a low risk pregnant population in LatviaDace Rezeberga
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Riga Stradins University, Latvia, Belgium
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:360-5. 2008..To investigate the correlation of reproductive tract infections (RTI) and endogenous vaginal flora at first antenatal consultation with placental histological inflammation...
- Dynamics of vaginal bacterial communities in women developing bacterial vaginosis, candidiasis, or no infection, analyzed by PCR-denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis and real-time PCRBeatrice Vitali
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, CIRB Center for Biotechnology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:5731-41. 2007....