Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Insights on the evolution of trehalose biosynthesisNelson Avonce
Centro de Investigación en Biotecnología UAEM, Av Universidad 1001, Col Chamilpa, Cuernavaca 62210, Mexico
BMC Evol Biol 6:109. 2006..However, in recent years it has been shown that although higher plants do not accumulate trehalose at significant levels they have actively transcribed genes encoding the corresponding biosynthetic enzymes...
- A bifunctional TPS-TPP enzyme from yeast confers tolerance to multiple and extreme abiotic-stress conditions in transgenic ArabidopsisJosé A Miranda
Centro de Investigacion en Biotecnologia, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Morelos, Av Universidad 1001, Col Chamilpa, Cuernavaca Mor 62209, Mexico
Planta 226:1411-21. 2007..Therefore, these results demonstrate that engineering trehalose metabolism with a yeast TPS-TPP bifunctional enzyme confers multiple stress protection in plants, comprising a potential tool to improve stress-tolerance in crops...
- The Arabidopsis trehalose-6-P synthase AtTPS1 gene is a regulator of glucose, abscisic acid, and stress signalingNelson Avonce
Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Col Chamilpa, Cuernavaca 62210, Mexico
Plant Physiol 136:3649-59. 2004..These data strongly suggest that AtTPS1 has a pivotal role in the regulation of Glc and ABA signaling during vegetative development...
- New selection marker for plant transformationBarbara Leyman
Institute of Botany and Microbiology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Methods Mol Biol 267:385-96. 2004..After transformation using AtTPS1 as a selection marker and 6% glucose as selection agent it is possible to single out the green and normal sized transgenic plants amid the nontransformed plantlets...
- Trehalose-6-phosphate synthase as an intrinsic selection marker for plant transformationBarbara Leyman
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 31, B 3001 Leuven Heverlee, Flanders, Belgium
J Biotechnol 121:309-17. 2006..In addition, vegetative regeneration of tobacco leaf explants is very sensitive to high external glucose. Overexpression of AtTPS1 in tobacco allows selecting glucose insensitive transgenic shoots...