Affiliation: Institut Jules Bordet
- Gene expression profiling identifies activated growth factor signaling in poor prognosis (Luminal-B) estrogen receptor positive breast cancerSherene Loi
Department of Research, Molecular Oncology Lab, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
BMC Med Genomics 2:37. 2009..When treated with adjuvant tamoxifen, those ER+ BCs that are lowly proliferative have a good prognosis (luminal-A subtype), however the clinical outcome of those that are highly proliferative is poor (luminal-B subtype)...
- Tamoxifen in early-stage estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer: overview of clinical use and molecular biomarkers for patient selectionCarmen Criscitiello
Breast Cancer Translational Research Laboratory, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels
Onco Targets Ther 4:1-11. 2011..A combination of gene expression and genetic aberration markers may be most useful in discerning a population that is still appropriate for adjuvant tamoxifen treatment...
- PIK3CA genotype and a PIK3CA mutation-related gene signature and response to everolimus and letrozole in estrogen receptor positive breast cancerSherene Loi
Breast Cancer Translational Research Laboratory, Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Belgium
PLoS ONE 8:e53292. 2013..Further evaluation of the PIK3CA-GS as a predictive biomarker is warranted as it may facilitate better selection of responsive patient populations for mTOR inhibition in combination with letrozole...
- Prognostic and predictive value of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in a phase III randomized adjuvant breast cancer trial in node-positive breast cancer comparing the addition of docetaxel to doxorubicin with doxorubicin-based chemotherapy: BIG 02-98Sherene Loi
Breast Cancer Translational Research Laboratory BCTL J C Heuson, Institut Jules Bordet, Blvd de Waterloo, 125, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 31:860-7. 2013..We hypothesized that increased lymphocytic infiltration would be associated with good prognosis and benefit from immunogenic CT-in this case, anthracycline-only CT-in selected BC subtypes...
- Prediction of breast cancer prognosis using gene set statistics provides signature stability and biological contextGad Abraham
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering, The University of Melbourne, Parkville 3010, Vic, Australia
BMC Bioinformatics 11:277. 2010....
- HER2-overexpressing breast cancer: time for the cure with less chemotherapy?Sherene Loi
Breast Cancer Translational Research Laboratory, Institut Jules Bordet, l Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Curr Opin Oncol 23:547-58. 2011..We review these findings and reflect on how they may influence the next generation of clinical trials in this breast cancer subtype...
- PIK3CA mutations associated with gene signature of low mTORC1 signaling and better outcomes in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerSherene Loi
Department of Research, Molecular Oncology Laboratory, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, East Melbourne 3002, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10208-13. 2010..In ER+ BC cell lines, PIK3CA mutations were also associated with sensitivity to tamoxifen. These findings could have important implications for the treatment of PIK3CA-mutant BCs and the development of PI3K/mTOR inhibitors...
- Molecular analysis of hormone receptor positive (luminal) breast cancers: what have we learnt?Sherene Loi
Department of Research, Molecular Oncology Lab, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, East Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Eur J Cancer 44:2813-8. 2008....
- Towards evidence-based use of serum tumour marker requests: an audit of use in a tertiary hospitalS Loi
Department of Medical Oncology and Haematology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 34:545-50. 2004..Serum tumour markers (TM) are often measured in hospital patients. The reasons for their use and their benefits with regards to earlier cancer diagnosis and patient management are not known...
- Castleman's disease and HIV infection in AustraliaS Loi
Department of Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A becket Street, East Melbourne, Victoria 8006, Australia
HIV Med 5:157-62. 2004..To describe, retrospectively, the Australian experience of multi-centric Castleman's disease (MCD) in the setting of HIV infection, specifically with the advent of HAART, and newer chemotherapeutic agents...
- Elucidating the biological basis of prognosis in young women with early breast cancer (BC) using gene expression profilingH A Azim
Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Belgium Department of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
J Clin Oncol 29:10603. 2011..Whether the performance of prognostic gene expression signatures (GS) varies by BC subtype across age groups is unknown...
- Correlation of PIK3CA mutation-associated gene expression signature (PIK3CA-GS) with deactivation of the PI3K pathway and with prognosis within the luminal-B ER+ breast cancersS Loi
Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels, Belgium M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Torino, Italy Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom Peter MacCallum Cancer Center, Melbourne, Australia
J Clin Oncol 27:533. 2009..Our aim was to characterize the molecular and clinical outcome effects of PIK3CA mutations in breast cancer (BC)...
- Evaluation of the prognostic and predictive value of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) in a phase III randomized adjuvant breast cancer (BC) trial (BIG 2-98) of node-positive (N+) BC comparing the addition of docetaxel to doxorubicin (A-T) with doxoruS Loi
Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Belgium Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium IDDI, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels, Belgium Breast European Adjuvant Studies Team, Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Belgium IBCSG Central Pathology Office, Milan, Italy Australian New Zealand Breast Cancer Trials Group, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, Australia Irish Clinical Oncology Research Group and Molecular Therapeutics for Cancer, Dublin, Ireland Swedish Oncology Group, Stockholdm, Sweden Clinica Las Condes, Santiago, Chile Department of Oncology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark Grupo Espanol de Investigacion en Cancer de Mama, Madrid, Spain Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria Division of Pathology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy Sandro Pitigliani Medical Oncology Unit, Prato, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:556. 2011..We hypothesized that TILs would be associated with prognosis and would predict increased benefit from A-based over A-T CT regimens in the triple negative (TN) and HER2+BC...
- Somatic mutation, copy number and transcriptomic profiles of primary and matched metastatic estrogen receptor-positive breast cancersD Fumagalli
Breast Cancer Translational Research Laboratory, Institut Jules Bordet, Free University of Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Oncol 27:1860-6. 2016..The molecular landscape of ER+ relapsed disease is not well characterized. In this study, we aimed to describe the genomic evolution between primary (P) and matched metastatic (M) ER+ BCs after failure of adjuvant therapy...
- The evaluation of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) in breast cancer: recommendations by an International TILs Working Group 2014R Salgado
Breast Cancer Translational Research Laboratory Breast International Group, Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels Department of Pathology and TCRU, GZA, Antwerp, Belgium
Ann Oncol 26:259-71. 2015..TILs have been shown to provide prognostic and potentially predictive value, particularly in triple-negative and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing BC...
- Tumor infiltrating lymphocytes are prognostic in triple negative breast cancer and predictive for trastuzumab benefit in early breast cancer: results from the FinHER trialS Loi
Breast Cancer Translational Research Laboratory, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium Division of Research and Cancer Medicine, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, East Melbourne, Australia
Ann Oncol 25:1544-50. 2014..In this study, we aimed to validate these findings and also investigate associations with trastuzumab benefit in HER2-overexpressing disease (HER2+)...
- Utility of prognostic genomic tests in breast cancer practice: The IMPAKT 2012 Working Group Consensus StatementH A Azim
Breast Cancer Translational Research Laboratory BCTL, J C Heuson, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Oncol 24:647-54. 2013..We critically evaluated the available evidence on genomic tests in breast cancer to define their prognostic ability and likelihood to determine treatment benefit...
- Pertuzumab: new hope for patients with HER2-positive breast cancerM Capelan
Department of Medicine, Institute Jules Bordet, l Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Oncol 24:273-82. 2013..Pertuzumab is a new anti-HER2 humanized monoclonal antibody that prevents the formation of HER2 dimers...
- Oxaliplatin combined with infusional 5-fluorouracil and concomitant radiotherapy in inoperable and metastatic rectal cancer: a phase I trialS Loi
Division of Haematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, University of Melbourne, A Beckett Street, Melbourne, Victoria 8006, Australia
Br J Cancer 92:655-61. 2005..For future trials, oxaliplatin 85 mg m(-2) and 5-FU 200 mg m(-2) day(-1) continuous infusion 96 h week(-1) is the recommended dose when combined with 50.4 Gy of pelvic radiotherapy...