Affiliation: Hasselt University
- Incidence and preventability of adverse events requiring intensive care admission: a systematic reviewAnnemie Vlayen
Hasselt University, Faculty of Medicine, Diepenbeek, Belgium
J Eval Clin Pract 18:485-97. 2012....
- Design of a medical record review study on the incidence and preventability of adverse events requiring a higher level of care in Belgian hospitalsAnnemie Vlayen
Hasselt University, Faculty of Medicine, Patient Safety Group, Agoralaan Building D, Room D58, Diepenbeek 3590, Belgium
BMC Res Notes 5:468. 2012..Adverse events that require intensive care admission imply a considerable financial burden to the healthcare system. The epidemiology of adverse events in Belgian hospitals has never been assessed systematically...
- A nationwide hospital survey on patient safety culture in Belgian hospitals: setting priorities at the launch of a 5-year patient safety planAnnemie Vlayen
Hasselt University, Patient Safety Group, Agoralaan, Diepenbeek, Belgium
BMJ Qual Saf 21:760-7. 2012..To measure patient safety culture in Belgian hospitals and to examine the homogeneous grouping of underlying safety culture dimensions...
- Evaluation of time- and cost-saving modifications of HFMEA: an experimental approach in radiotherapyAnnemie Vlayen
Hasselt University, Diepenbeek, Belgium
J Patient Saf 7:165-8. 2011..This study aimed to evaluate different shortcuts of Healthcare Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (HFMEA) in a radiotherapy setting...
- One fourth of unplanned transfers to a higher level of care are associated with a highly preventable adverse event: a patient record review in six Belgian hospitalsKristel Marquet
1Faculty of Medicine and Life Sciences, Hasselt University, Diepenbeek, Belgium 2Antwerp Management School, Health Care Management, Antwerp, Belgium 3Vzw Jessa ziekenhuis, Hasselt, Belgium 4Ziekenhuis Oost Limburg, Genk, Belgium 5Algemeen Ziekenhuis Turnhout, Turnhout, Belgium 6Center for Health Services and Nursing Research, Catholic University Leuven, Belgium
Crit Care Med 43:1053-61. 2015....
- Exploring unplanned ICU admissions: a systematic reviewAnnemie Vlayen
1 Researcher, Hasselt University, Faculty of Medicine, Diepenbeek, Belgium 2 Intensivist, Emergency Department, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium 3 Researcher, Belgian Interuniversity Collaboration for Evidence Based Practice BICEP, Belgian Center for Evidence Based Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium 4 Professor, Hasselt University, Faculty of Medicine, Diepenbeek, Belgium 5 Delegate Director, ICURO, Brussels, Belgium
JBI Libr Syst Rev 9:925-959. 2011..Adverse events that require critical care are a considerable financial burden to the healthcare system. Medical record review seems to be a reliable method for detecting adverse events...
- Variability of patient safety culture in Belgian acute hospitalsAnnemie Vlayen
From the Hasselt University, Faculty of Medicine, Patient Safety Group, Diepenbeek Ziekenhuis Oost Limburg, Genk Interuniversity Institute for Biostatistics and Statistical Bioinformatics, Hasselt University, Diepenbeek, Belgium Institute of Infection and Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK and ICURO, Brussels, Belgium
J Patient Saf 11:110-21. 2015..The aim of this study was to measure differences in safety culture perceptions within Belgian acute hospitals and to examine variability based on language, work area, staff position, and work experience...
- Measuring safety culture in belgian psychiatric hospitals: validation of the dutch and French translations of the hospital survey on patient safety cultureAnnemie Vlayen
VLAYEN and CLAES Hasselt University, Diepenbeek, Belgium HELLINGS Hasselt University and AZ Delta, Roeselare Menen, Belgium ABDOU Hasselt University and Doctors Without Borders, the Operational Center of Barcelona OCBA, Spain SCHROOTEN Hasselt University and Ziekenhuis Oost Limburg, Genk, Belgium
J Psychiatr Pract 21:124-39. 2015....
- Barriers and facilitators related to the implementation of surgical safety checklists: a systematic review of the qualitative evidenceJochen Bergs
Faculty of Business Economics, Hasselt University, Hasselt, Belgium
BMJ Qual Saf 24:776-86. 2015..The objective of this review is to obtain a better understanding of the user-related barriers against, and facilitators for, the implementation of surgical safety checklists...