Philippe Van Lint
Affiliation: Ghent University
- Resistance of collagenase-2 (matrix metalloproteinase-8)-deficient mice to TNF-induced lethal hepatitisPhilippe Van Lint
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
J Immunol 175:7642-9. 2005..Our findings provide evidence that MMP-8 plays an essential role in acute liver failure and might be a promising new target for the treatment for this illness...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-8: cleavage can be decisivePhilippe Van Lint
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology and Ghent University, FSVM Building, Technologiepark 927, B 9052 Ghent Zwijnaarde, Belgium
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 17:217-23. 2006..This review intends to give the reader an overview of the most interesting recent findings concerning the role of MMP-8 in inflammation and in cancer progression...
- Involvement of specific matrix metalloproteinases during tumor necrosis factor/IFNgamma-based cancer therapy in miceMaarten Van Roy
Department of Molecular Biomedical Research, VIB, Ghent University, Technologiepark 927, 9052 Ghent Zwijnaarde, Belgium
Mol Cancer Ther 6:2563-71. 2007....
- Protection of zinc against tumor necrosis factor induced lethal inflammation depends on heat shock protein 70 and allows safe antitumor therapyWim Van Molle
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, VIB, Ghent, Belgium
Cancer Res 67:7301-7. 2007..We conclude that zinc protects against TNF in a HSP70-dependent way and that protection by zinc could be helpful in developing a safer anticancer therapy with TNF/IFNgamma...
- Matrix metalloprotease 8-dependent extracellular matrix cleavage at the blood-CSF barrier contributes to lethality during systemic inflammatory diseasesRoosmarijn E Vandenbroucke
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology, B 9052 Ghent, Belgium
J Neurosci 32:9805-16. 2012..In conclusion, we identify MMP8 as an essential mediator in SIRS and, hence, a potential drug target. We also propose that the mechanism of action of MMP8 involves disruption of the BCSFB integrity...
- Description and mapping of the resistance of DBA/2 mice to TNF-induced lethal shockBen Wielockx
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology and University of Ghent, Ghent, Belgium
J Immunol 178:5069-75. 2007..Definition of a critical region of 13 Mb on chromosome 6 was the highest mapping resolution obtained. Further analysis of candidate genes may provide a powerful tool to control TNF-induced pathologies in humans...
- Chemokine and cytokine processing by matrix metalloproteinases and its effect on leukocyte migration and inflammationPhilippe Van Lint
Department of Molecular Biomedical Research, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
J Leukoc Biol 82:1375-81. 2007..This review aims to provide the reader with a concise overview of these novel MMP functions in relation to leukocyte migration...