Myriam Van Winckel
Affiliation: Ghent University
- Is an anal plug useful in the treatment of fecal incontinence in children with spina bifida or anal atresia?M Van Winckel
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital Ghent, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
J Urol 176:342-4. 2006..We evaluated the efficacy and tolerance of the Conveen anal plug in children with spina bifida or anal atresia with persistent fecal incontinence necessitating diapers despite bowel management...
- Clinical practice: vegetarian infant and child nutritionMyriam Van Winckel
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, University Hospital Ghent, 3K12D, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr 170:1489-94. 2011..The more restricted the diet and the younger the child, the greater the risk for deficiencies...
- Vitamin K, an update for the paediatricianMyriam Van Winckel
Department of Paediatrics, UZ Gent, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr 168:127-34. 2009..This enzyme is responsible for post-translational modification of some glutamate side chains to gamma-carboxyglutamate. The majority of gamma-carboxylated proteins function in blood coagulation; others play a role in calcium homeostasis...
- Solid food refusal as the presenting sign of vitamin B12 deficiency in a breastfed infantEls Ide
Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr 170:1453-5. 2011..Treating the infant with parenteral vitB(12) induced prompt recovery including acceptance of weaning food...
- Transient exocrine pancreatic insufficiency as a possible complication of an enterovirus infectionStephanie Van Biervliet
Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, University Hospital Ghent, De Pintelaan 185, 9000, Gent, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr 162:872-4. 2003..Most of them, however, are transient with no remaining damage. The differential diagnosis of persisting diarrhoea after gastrointestinal infection does not routinely include a search for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency...
- An 8-year follow-up of treated obese children: children's, process and parental predictors of successful outcomeEllen Moens
Department of Developmental, Personality and Social Psychology, Ghent University, H Dunantlaan 2, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Behav Res Ther 48:626-33. 2010..This study presents an 8-year outcome of overweight children who were treated in an outpatient program and aims to identify child and familial variables associated with long-term weight regulation...
- A bio-analytical hydrophilic interaction LC-MS/MS method for the simultaneous quantification of omeprazole and lansoprazole in human plasma in support of a pharmacokinetic omeprazole study in childrenJulie De Smet
Laboratory of Medical Biochemistry and Clinical Analysis, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
J Sep Sci 33:939-47. 2010..This assay was successfully applied to a pharmacokinetic omeprazole study in children with cerebral palsy and mental retardation...
- Discussing patient management online: the impact of roles on knowledge construction for students interning at the paediatric wardBram De Wever
Department of Education, Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, Ghent University, Henri Dunantlaan 2, B 9000, Gent, Belgium
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 13:25-42. 2008..It can be concluded that when both the moderator and developer role are assigned to students, their contributions are more likely to reflect a high level of knowledge construction...
- Curbing obesity: prevention and treatmentCaroline Braet
Department of Developmental, Personality and Social Psychology, Ghent University, Belgium
Eur J Public Health 15:561-3. 2005
- Development and validation of a spina bifida-specific pediatric quality of life questionnaire: the Spina Bifida Pediatric Questionnaire, SBPQSaskia vande Velde
Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Childs Nerv Syst 32:105-10. 2016..Based on existing questionnaires and patient interview, a health-related quality of life (HRQoL) questionnaire in spina bifida (SB) children is created and validated, the Spina Bifida Pediatric Questionnaire (SBPQ)...
- Post-transplant food allergy in children is associated with liver and not with renal transplantation: a monocentric comparative studyRuth De Bruyne
Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Princess Elisabeth Children s Hospital, Ghent University Hospital, Belgium De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr 172:1069-75. 2013..001). No significant differences are found in primary immunosuppressive regimens between renal and liver transplant patients...
- Clinical practice: neonatal cholestasisRuth De Bruyne
Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Ghent, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr 170:279-84. 2011..Besides specific medical or surgical therapy for selected diseases, early supportive treatment aiming for optimal growth and development and prevention of complications is of uttermost importance...
- Pharmacokinetics of two formulations of omeprazole administered through a gastrostomy tube in patients with severe neurodevelopmental problemsKoen Boussery
Laboratory of Medical Biochemistry and Clinical Analysis, Ghent University, Gent, Belgium
Br J Clin Pharmacol 72:990-6. 2011..4% sodium bicarbonate (suspension formulation). This bioavailability study evaluates this practice in tube-fed patients with severe neurodevelopmental problems...
- Colonic transit time in mentally retarded personsSaskia vande Velde
Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology, University Hospital Ghent, De Pintelaan, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Colorectal Dis 25:867-71. 2010..Constipation is frequently seen in patients with mental retardation (MR). Its pathophysiology is poorly understood. Measurement of colon transit time (CTT) differentiates between retentive and non-retentive constipation...