Affiliation: Ghent University
- Peroxisomes during development and in distinct cell typesFrank Roels
Dept of Pathology, Ghent University, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Adv Exp Med Biol 544:39-54. 2003
- Peroxisome mosaicsFrank Roels
Dept Pathology, Ghent University, Belgium
Adv Exp Med Biol 544:97-106. 2003
- Why study regulation of genes in inherited disorders?Frank Roels
Department of Pathology, Ghent University, University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Adv Exp Med Biol 544:1-8. 2003
- Mitochondrial mosaics in the liver of 3 infants with mtDNA defectsFrank Roels
Department of Pathology, Ghent University Hospital, Block A, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Gent, Belgium
BMC Clin Pathol 9:4. 2009..Tentative explanations for the mitochondrial mosaics are, in one patient, unequal partition of mutated mitochondria during mitoses, and in two others, an interaction between products of several genes required for mtDNA maintenance...
- Modified peroxisomes in primary hepatocyte culturesMarianne Depreter
Ghent University, Dept Human Anatomy, Embryology, Histology, and Medical Physics, Godshuizenlaan 4, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Adv Exp Med Biol 544:255-64. 2003
- Regulation of peroxisomal genes by DHEA and vitamin DMarianne Depreter
Department of Human Anatomy, Embryology, Histology and Medical Physics, Ghent University, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Adv Exp Med Biol 544:237-42. 2003
- Hepatocyte polarity and the peroxisomal compartment: a comparative studyMarianne Depreter
Department of Human Anatomy, Embryology, Histology, and Medical Physics, Ghent University, Godshuizenlaan 4, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Histochem J 34:139-51. 2002..Distinct polarization characteristics do not necessarily change simultaneously, suggesting different regulatory mechanisms...
- Human peroxisomal disordersMarianne Depreter
Ghent University, Department of Human Anatomy, Embryology, Histology and Medical Physics, Belgium
Microsc Res Tech 61:203-23. 2003..Finally, regulation of peroxisome expression during development and in cell cultures, and by physiological factors is discussed...
- No evidence for involvement of SDHD in neuroblastoma pathogenesisKatleen De Preter
Center for Medical Genetics, Ghent University Hospital, K5, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
BMC Cancer 4:55. 2004..In this study, we sought for evidence for involvement of SDHD in neuroblastoma...
- Phenylbutyrate up-regulates the adrenoleukodystrophy-related gene as a nonclassical peroxisome proliferatorCatherine Gondcaille
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Faculte des Sciences Gabriel, 21000 Dijon, France
J Cell Biol 169:93-104. 2005..Thus, PBA is a nonclassical peroxisome proliferator inducing pleiotropic effects, including effects at the peroxisomal level mainly through HDAC inhibition...
- Resolution of the molecular defect in a patient with peroxisomal mosaicism in the liverJeannette Gootjes
Laboratory Genetic Metabolic Diseases and the Department of Pediatrics Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, P O Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Adv Exp Med Biol 544:107-11. 2003
- A PEX6-defective peroxisomal biogenesis disorder with severe phenotype in an infant, versus mild phenotype resembling Usher syndrome in the affected parentsAnnick Raas-Rothschild
Department of Human Genetics, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 70:1062-8. 2002..Because of considerable overlap between USH and milder PBD phenotypes, individuals suspected to have USH should be screened for peroxisomal dysfunction...
- Pharmacological induction of redundant genes for a therapy of X-ALD: phenylbutyrate and other compoundsMaurice Bugaut
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Faculty of Sciences Gabriel, University of Burgundy 21000 Dijon, France
Adv Exp Med Biol 544:281-91. 2003
- Inhibition of cytokine production by the herbicide atrazine. Search for nuclear receptor targetsSabrina Devos
Pharmacology Department FARC, Medical School, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 103 Laarbeeklaan, B 1090 Brussel, Belgium
Biochem Pharmacol 65:303-8. 2003..Finally, no binding of atrazine to the AR was observed. In conclusion, the effects of atrazine-type herbicides most probably do not result from interaction with the above-mentioned nuclear receptors...
- Intra-familial clinical heterogeneity: absence of genotype-phenotype correlation in primary hyperoxaluria type 1 in IsraelYaacov Frishberg
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Nephrol 25:269-75. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate possible relationships between a given genotype, the biochemical profile and the clinical phenotype...