Affiliation: Ghent University
- Application of monomer/polymer gel dosimetry to study the effects of tissue inhomogeneities on intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) dose distributionsKoen Vergote
Division of Radiotherapy, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000, Gent, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 67:119-28. 2003..An accurate dose verification technique such as monomer/polymer gel dosimetry is suggested to verify the outcome of the planning system...
- Comparison of dose-volume histograms of IMRT treatment plans for ethmoid sinus cancer computed by advanced treatment planning systems including Monte CarloLeen Paelinck
Department of Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Ghent, Gent, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 81:250-6. 2006..To recompute clinical intensity-modulated treatment plans for ethmoid sinus cancer and to compare quantitatively the dose-volume histograms (DVHs) of the planning target volume (PTV) and the optic organs at risk...
- Comparison of build-up dose between Elekta and Varian linear accelerators for high-energy photon beams using radiochromic film and clinical implications for IMRT head and neck treatmentsL Paelinck
Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 50:413-28. 2005....
- Experimental verification of lung dose with radiochromic film: comparison with Monte Carlo simulations and commercially available treatment planning systemsL Paelinck
Division of Radiotherapy, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 50:2055-69. 2005..Behind the lung region, Helax-TMS is in better agreement with Monte Carlo. Radiochromic film measurements or Monte Carlo simulations are reliable methods to establish the dose in and around lung tissue...
- Precautions and strategies in using a commercial flatbed scanner for radiochromic film dosimetryL Paelinck
Department of Radiotherapy, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 52:231-42. 2007..5%. The EPSON Pro 1680 Expression scanner is an excellent tool for accurate two-dimensional film dosimetry with Gafchromic EBT film provided that some precautions and corrections are taken into account...
- Intensity-modulated arc therapy with simultaneous integrated boost in the treatment of primary irresectable cervical cancer. Treatment planning, quality control, and clinical implementationKatrien Vandecasteele
Department of Radiotherapy, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Strahlenther Onkol 185:799-807. 2009..To report on the planning procedure, quality control, and clinical implementation of intensity-modulated arc therapy (IMAT) delivering a simultaneous integrated boost (SIB) in patients with primary irresectable cervix carcinoma...
- The magnetic resonance detected intraprostatic lesion in prostate cancer: planning and delivery of intensity-modulated radiotherapyGert De Meerleer
Department of Radiation Oncology, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 75:325-33. 2005..It may be of benefit to focus the highest dose to the intraprostatic lesion (GTVMRI) using intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT). Therefore, the visualization of the GTVMRI and its inclusion into computer optimization is mandatory...
- Evaluation of the Sinmed Mastercouch as replacement for a standard couchSofie Gillis
Department of Radiotherapy, Ghent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 75:227-36. 2005..Introducing into practice a new carbon-fibre couch necessitates its evaluation with regard to the present clinical situation...
- Accuracy of patient dose calculation for lung IMRT: A comparison of Monte Carlo, convolution/superposition, and pencil beam computationsBarbara Vanderstraeten
Department of Medical Physics, Ghent University, Proeftuinstraat 86, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Med Phys 33:3149-58. 2006..Full Monte Carlo provides a great benchmarking tool for evaluating the performance of other algorithms for patient dose computations...
- Does an integrated boost increase acute toxicity in prone hypofractionated breast irradiation? A randomized controlled trialLeen Paelinck
Dept of Radiation Oncology, Ghent University Hospital, Belgium
Radiother Oncol . 2017..The safety of a simultaneous integrated boost (SIB) in combination with prone hypofractionated whole-breast irradiation (WBI) was investigated...
- Adaptive radiotherapy for locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer, can we predict when and for whom?Patrick Berkovic
a Department of Radiation Oncology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Acta Oncol 54:1438-44. 2015..Adaptive radiotherapy (ART) could be a tool to reduce toxicity and to facilitate dose escalation in stage III NSCLC. Our aim was to identify the most appropriate time and potential benefit of ART...
- Multi-dimensional dosimetric verification of stereotactic radiotherapy for uveal melanoma using radiochromic EBT filmEva Sturtewagen
Division Medical Radiation Physics, Department of Radiotherapy, Medical University Vienna
Z Med Phys 18:27-36. 2008..The presented acceptance criteria for SRT treatment plans might be used as a benchmarking data-set for other stereotactic applications and/or other equipment (planning system and delivery hardware) combinations...