Affiliation: Ghent University
- Repeated exposure of human fibroblasts to ionizing radiation reveals an adaptive response that is not mediated by interleukin-6 or TGF-βBirger Dieriks
Bio imaging and Cytometry Unit, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Mutat Res 715:19-24. 2011..This did not elicit an altered γH2AX response as observed in IR-primed cells, indicating that the adaptive response in these primary fibroblasts is regulated in an IL-6 and TGF-β independent manner...
- Medium-mediated DNA repair response after ionizing radiation is correlated with the increase of specific cytokines in human fibroblastsBirger Dieriks
Laboratory for Biochemistry and Molecular Cytology, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Mutat Res 687:40-8. 2010..The combined addition of these two cytokines produced no significant response was observed. Both IL6 and MCP-1 have an effect on the gammaH2AX spot occupancy possibly linking these cytokines to the bystander response...
- Multiplexed profiling of secreted proteins for the detection of potential space biomarkersBirger Dieriks
Bioimaging and Cytometry Unit, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Mol Med Rep 4:17-23. 2011..Among the molecules that were retained, which may prove to be valuable biomarkers, are apolipoprotein C-III, plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1, β-2-microglobulin, ferritin, MMP-3, TIMP-1 and VEGF...
- High content analysis of human fibroblast cell cultures after exposure to space radiationBirger Dieriks
Laboratory for Bio Imaging and Molecular Cytology, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Radiat Res 172:423-36. 2009....
- Spatiotemporal behavior of nuclear cyclophilin B indicates a role in RNA transcriptionBirger Dieriks
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Mol Med 29:1031-8. 2012..Supported by in silico data, our observations suggest that CypB interacts with these proteins and is involved in ribosome biogenesis and RNA transcription...