- Bioreactor hydrodynamic effect on Escherichia coli physiology: experimental results and stochastic simulations
Centre Wallon de Biologie Industrielle, Unite de Bio industries, Faculté des sciences agronomiques de Gembloux, Passage des Deportes, 2, Gembloux, 5030, Belgium
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 28:131-7. 2005
..Nevertheless, the metabolic response of E. coli is not easy to interpret because of the possible simultaneous developments of overflow metabolism and mixed acid fermentation induced by the strong glucose concentration in the reactor...
- Bioreactor mixing efficiency modulates the activity of a prpoS::GFP reporter gene in E. coli
Fond de la recherche scientifique FRNS FRS, Rue d Egmont 5, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Microb Cell Fact 8:15. 2009
..coli. The cultures of the reporter strain have been performed in a small scale reactor as well as in a series of scaled-down bioreactors able to induce extracellular perturbations with increasing level of magnitude...
- Toward a stochastic formulation of microbial growth in relation to bioreactor performances: case study of an E. coli fed-batch process
Centre Wallon de Biologie Industrielle, Unite de Bio industries, Faculté des sciences agronomiques de Gembloux, Passage des Deportes, Gembloux, Belgium
Biotechnol Prog 22:1114-24. 2006
..It is important to point out that the scale-down effect is induced differently according to the feeding strategy involved in the fed-batch experiments...
- Influence of bioreactor hydraulic characteristics on a Saccharomyces cerevisiae fed-batch culture: hydrodynamic modelling and scale-down investigations
Gembloux Agricultural University, Faculté des sciences agronomiques de Gembloux, Passage des Deportes, 2, Gembloux, 5030, Belgium
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 37:225-36. 2010
..The concentration profiles experienced by the microorganisms during the scale-down tests were expressed and linked to the biomass yields of the scale-down tests...
- Stochastic models to study the impact of mixing on a fed-batch culture of Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Centre Wallon de Biologie Industrielle, Unite de Bio industries, Faculte Universitaire des Sciences Agronomiques de Gembloux, Passage des Deportes, 2, B 5030 Belgium
Biotechnol Prog 22:259-69. 2006
..The simulation results are analyzed in order to give some explanations about the effect of the substrate fluctuation dynamics on S. cerevisiae...
- Flow cytometry community fingerprinting and amplicon sequencing for the assessment of landfill leachate cellulolytic bioaugmentation
University of Liege, Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, Microbial Processes and Interactions MiPI, Passage des Déportés 2, Gembloux, B 5030, Belgium
Bioresour Technol 214:450-9. 2016
..Flow cytometry fingerprinting can thus be considered as a promising routine on-site method suitable for the detection of stability/variation/disturbance of complex microbial communities involved in bioprocesses. ..
- Investigation of the effect of different extracellular factors on the lipase production by Yarrowia lipolityca on the basis of a scale-down approach
Centre Wallon de Biologie Industrielle, Unite de Bio industries, Faculte Universitaire des Sciences Agronomiques de Gembloux, Passage des Deportes, 2, 5030, Gembloux, Belgium
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35:1053-9. 2008
..e., the methyl oleate dispersion and the pH fluctuations, have led to a less severe stress traduced only by a decrease of the microbial yield and thus of the extracellular lipase specific production rate...
- Thermophilic and cellulolytic consortium isolated from composting plants improves anaerobic digestion of cellulosic biomass: Toward a microbial resource management approach
Unit of BioIndustry, Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, University of Liege, Passage des Deportes, 2, Gembloux B 5030, Belgium Electronic address
Bioresour Technol 189:138-44. 2015
..This important result point out the fact that simplified microbial communities could be used in order to increase the robustness of mixed cultures involved in environmental biotechnology. ..
- Foam control in fermentation bioprocess: from simple aeration tests to bioreactor
Dow Coming s a, Rue Jules Bordet, Parc Industriel Zone C, 7180 Seneffe, Belgium
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 129:392-404. 2006
..This allowed us to mimic the fermentation broth, shown by the similar antifoams behaviour, and is therefore a simple methodology useful for the selection of appropriate antifoams...