Affiliation: EORTC Data Center
- The EORTC and drug development. European Organisation for Research and Treatment of CancerD Lacombe
EORTC Data Center, Ave E Mounier 83 11, B 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 38:S19-23. 2002..This results in very efficient networks which have the resources and the patients to address and conduct challenging clinical trials in a standardised fashion ensuring the highest standards in cancer treatment...
- Cancer drug development in Europe: a selection of new agents under development at the European Drug Development NetworkD Lacombe
European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer, Assistant Director New Drug Development Program, avenue E Mounier, 83 b11, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Cancer Invest 21:137-47. 2003..In this paper, the most interesting drugs under development in each of the three organisations are being described and discussed...
- Regulatory issues for clinical trials at EORTC: the way forward. European Organisation for Research and Treatment of CancerA J Baeyens
EORTC Data Center, Avenue E Mounier 83, Bte 11, B 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 38:S142-6. 2002....
- Questionnaires and instruments for a multidimensional assessment of the older cancer patient: what clinicians need to know?A G Pallis
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, Elderly Task Force, EORTC Headquarters, Avenue E Mounierlaan, 83 11, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 46:1019-25. 2010..In the present paper, we discuss the most commonly used and studied tools for the assessment of functional status of older cancer patients...
- EORTC Elderly Task Force experts' opinion for the treatment of colon cancer in older patientsA G Pallis
EORTC Headquarters, EORTC Elderly Task Force, Brussels, Belgium
Cancer Treat Rev 36:83-90. 2010..Despite a growing body of data, further work is still needed to establish optimal strategies to care for this special population and prospective specific trials for older colon cancer patients are clearly needed...
- Targeted therapies in the treatment of advanced/metastatic NSCLCA G Pallis
EORTC Headquarters, EORTC ETF, Avenue E Mounierlaan, 83 11, Brussels B 1200, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 45:2473-87. 2009..The purpose of this study is to review current data on the role of targeted therapies in the treatment of advanced NSCLC...
- Phase II study of XR 5000, an inhibitor of topoisomerases I and II, in advanced colorectal cancerF Caponigro
EORTC Early Clinical Studies Group, New Drug Development Program, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 38:70-4. 2002..Despite the good toxicity profile, these results do not support further trials with XR 5000 in metastatic colorectal cancer...
- EORTC Elderly Task Force and Lung Cancer Group and International Society for Geriatric Oncology (SIOG) experts' opinion for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer in an elderly populationA G Pallis
EORTC Headquarters, EORTC ETF, Avenue E Mounierlaan 83 11, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Oncol 21:692-706. 2010..Prospective elderly-specific trials are needed...
- Assessment of bone response to systemic therapy in an EORTC trial: preliminary experience with the use of collagen cross-link excretion. European Organization for Research and Treatment of CancerJ Vinholes
EORTC, Breast Cancer Cooperative Group, Brussels, Belgium
Br J Cancer 80:221-8. 1999..The diagnostic efficiency (DE) for prediction of PD following a > 50% increase in Ntx or CA15-3 was 78% and 62% respectively. An algorithm to predict response to therapy has been developed for future prospective evaluation...
- Oxaliplatin or paclitaxel in patients with platinum-pretreated advanced ovarian cancer: A randomized phase II study of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Gynecology GroupM J Piccart
Institut Jules Bordet and European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 18:1193-202. 2000....
- EORTC Brain Tumor Group: achievements and perspectivesCh J Vecht
Neuro Oncology Unit, Department of Neurology, Medical Center Haaglanden Westeinde, POB 432, 2501 CK, The Hague, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 38:S35-8. 2002..The number of centres and patients joining its trials have greatly increased over the past 2 years. Achievements and strategies are detailed in this article...
- Phase II study of XR 5000 (DACA), an inhibitor of topoisomerase I and II, administered as a 120-h infusion in patients with non-small cell lung cancerC Dittrich
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Applied Cancer Research, LBI ACR VIEnna, Kaiser Franz Josef Spital, 3rd Medical Department Oncology, Kundratstrasse 3, 1100, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Cancer 39:330-4. 2003..With only 4 out of 12 patients reaching stable disease when using this dose and regimen, further evaluation of XR5000 in advanced NSCLC is not justified...
- Multicentre phase II and pharmacokinetic study of RFS2000 (9-nitro-camptothecin) administered orally 5 days a week in patients with glioblastoma multiformeE Raymond
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94815 Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 38:1348-50. 2002..The response rate was poor, with 5 patients experiencing tumour stabilisation and 10 progressing. Thus, the results do not support the further evaluation of RFS2000 as a single agent in patients with recurrent GBM...
- A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of OSI-7904L, a liposomal thymidylate synthase inhibitor in combination with oxaliplatin in patients with advanced colorectal cancerA R Clamp
Cancer Research UK and University of Manchester Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:579-85. 2008..This phase I study evaluated the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics (PK) of OSI-7904L administered in combination with oxaliplatin every 21 days in patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of halofuginone, an oral quinazolinone derivative in patients with advanced solid tumoursM J A de Jonge
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Groene Hilledijk 301, 3075 EA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 42:1768-74. 2006....
- A study from the EORTC new drug development group: open label phase II study of sabarubicin (MEN-10755) in patients with progressive hormone refractory prostate cancerW Fiedler
Department of Medicine II, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20251 Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Cancer 42:200-4. 2006..The median overall survival was 18.7 months (95% CI 9.1-N), comparable to results recently observed in taxotere-containing regimens. To confirm and extend these results, further testing of sabarubicin in larger trials is warranted...
- Phase II study of OSI-211 (liposomal lurtotecan) in patients with metastatic or loco-regional recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. An EORTC New Drug Development Group studyF Duffaud
Department of Medical Oncology, La Timone University Hospital, Bld J Moulin, Marseilles 5, 13385, France
Eur J Cancer 40:2748-52. 2004..The most common grade 3-4 non-haematological toxicity was infection in 8.5% of patients. OSI-211 administered on d1 and d8, every 3 weeks, is well tolerated, but shows only minimal activity in locally advanced/metastatic SCCHN...
- Phase I trial of intravenous aviscumine (rViscumin) in patients with solid tumors: a study of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer New Drug Development GroupP Schoffski
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Ann Oncol 15:1816-24. 2004..v.) administration of aviscumine in cancer patients. Translational research included the evaluation of pharmacokinetics and monitoring of plasma cytokine and anti-aviscumine antibody induction after administration of the drug...
- Current and future trials of the EORTC brain tumor groupM J van den Bent
Department of Neuro Oncology Neurology Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Onkologie 27:246-50. 2004..The wide recognition of the importance of translational research for clinical trials and in particular with targeted therapies implies that this type of research will become a mandatory element in many of our future trials...
- RFS2000 (9-nitrocamptothecin) in advanced small cell lung cancer, a phase II study of the EORTC New Drug Development GroupC J A Punt
Department of Medical Oncology, University Medical Center St Radboud, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 40:1332-4. 2004..Toxicity was acceptable, with myelosuppression, nausea/vomiting, and diarrhoea as the main toxicities. RFS2000 therefore has an acceptable toxicity profile but is not active as a single agent in SCLC...
- Phase II study on 9-nitrocamptothecin (RFS 2000) in patients with advanced or metastatic urothelial tract tumorsM J A de Jonge
Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Invest New Drugs 22:329-33. 2004..To investigate the antitumor activity and the safety of RFS2000, an oral topoisomerase I inhibitor, in patients with advanced or metastatic urothelial tract tumors refractory to one prior chemotherapy regimen...
- [Costello syndrome: clinical aspects and tumor risk]M A Delrue
Service de Genetique Medicale, CHU Pellegrin Enfants, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Arch Pediatr 9:1059-63. 2002..The determinism of this syndrome is still unknown, and the hypothesis of an inactivation of a tumor suppressor gene is to be considered...
- European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) open label phase II study on glufosfamide administered as a 60-minute infusion every 3 weeks in recurrent glioblastoma multiformeM J van den Bent
Department of Neuro Oncology, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Oncol 14:1732-4. 2003..We investigated this drug in a multicenter prospective phase II trial in recurrent glioblastoma multiforme (GBM)...
- Glufosfamide administered using a 1-hour infusion given as first-line treatment for advanced pancreatic cancer. A phase II trial of the EORTC-new drug development groupE Briasoulis
Medical Oncology Department, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, 451 10, Ioannina, Greece
Eur J Cancer 39:2334-40. 2003..Haematological toxicity is particularly mild, but regular monitoring of renal function is recommended...
- Glufosfamide administered by 1-hour infusion as a second-line treatment for advanced non-small cell lung cancer; a phase II trial of the EORTC-New Drug Development GroupG Giaccone
Department of Medical Oncology, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, 1117 De Boelelaan, HV 1081 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 40:667-72. 2004..Median survival of all patients treated was 5.8 months (95% CI 4.2-7.9). In conclusion, glufosfamide administered by a 1-h infusion every 3 weeks has modest activity in advanced NSCLC patients after one prior platinum-based chemotherapy...