- Unusual images of perioperative transesophageal echocardiographyAnne Ducart
Department of Anesthesiology, ULB Erasme Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:896-7. 2006
- Different anesthetic techniques associated with different incidences of chronic post-thoracotomy pain: low-dose remifentanil plus presurgical epidural analgesia is preferable to high-dose remifentanil with postsurgical epidural analgesiaJean Corentin Salengros
Department of Anesthesiology, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 24:608-16. 2010..To investigate the relationships between 2 anesthetic techniques, or the extent of allodynia around the surgical wound, and the occurrence of chronic post-thoracotomy pain...
- Microcirculatory alterations in cardiac surgery: effects of cardiopulmonary bypass and anesthesiaDaniel De Backer
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Thorac Surg 88:1396-403. 2009..Heterogeneity in microvascular perfusion is associated with impaired tissue oxygenation. We hypothesized that cardiac surgery with or without cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) could induce microvascular alterations...
- Assessment of thoracic epidural analgesia during general anesthesia using pupillary reflex dilation: a preliminary studyIsabelle Huybrechts
Department of Anesthesiology, Erasme University Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:664-7. 2006..Therefore, the adequacy of PRD-guided thoracic epidural infusion during general anesthesia for thoracotomy was studied...
- Pulmonary vein isolation by robotic-enhanced thoracoscopy for symptomatic paroxysmal atrial fibrillationJean Luc Jansens
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Heart Surg Forum 7:E595-8. 2004..Unfortunately, this procedure has limitations and complications that lead to fluctuating success rates. We explored an alternative technique of robotic-enhanced, closed-chest PVI with an endoscopic microwave-based catheter...
- The effects of acute isovolemic hemodilution on oxygenation during one-lung ventilationLaszlo L Szegedi
Department of Anesthesiology 2K12, Gent University Hospital, De Pintelaan, 185, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Anesth Analg 100:15-20. 2005..01). Mild IH impairs gas exchange during OLV in COPD patients, but not in patients with normal lung function...