Affiliation: CHU Brugmann
- High leg motor activity in sleep apnea hypopnea patients: efficacy of clonazepam combined with nasal CPAP on polysomnographic variablesA Noseda
Chest Department, Hĵpital Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
Respir Med 96:693-9. 2002..More unexpectedly nCPAP is beneficial on leg activity and clonazepam on breathing, probably through a decrease in sleep fragmentation. The best results are obtained with combination therapy...
- [Dyspnoea and perception of airway obstruction]A Noseda
Service de Pneumologie, CHU Brugmann, Bruxelles, Belgique
Rev Mal Respir 20:364-72. 2003..Dyspnoea, defined as the perception of difficult or laboured breathing, is ideally quantified, using a visual analogue scale or a Borg scale...
- Constant vs auto-continuous positive airway pressure in patients with sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome and a high variability in pressure requirementAndré Noseda
Chest Department and Sleep Laboratory, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Chest 126:31-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate patients judged to be good candidates for auto-CPAP because of a high within-night variability in pressure requirement...
- CPAP with algorithm-based versus titrated pressure: A randomized studyA Noseda
CHU Brugmann, Brussels, Belgium
Sleep Med 10:988-92. 2009..Our goal was to evaluate whether an algorithm-prescribed pressure is effective in sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome (SAHS) patients requiring continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)...
- [Management of chronic cough]A Noseda
Clinique de Pneumologie, C H U Brugmann, Service de Pneumologie, Bruxelles
Rev Med Brux 31:250-4. 2010..In case of chronic cough unresponsive to the hereinabove described management, an antitussive agent should be considered. As codeine is relatively ineffective, research about new antitussive agents should be encouraged...
- Long-term CPAP treatment partially improves the link between cardiac vagal influence and delta sleepFabrice Jurysta
Sleep Laboratory and Laboratory of Psychiatric Research, Department of Psychiatry, Erasme Academic Hospital ULB, Brussels, Belgium
BMC Pulm Med 13:29. 2013..Therefore, we tested the hypothesis that CPAP restores the link between cardiac autonomic activity and delta sleep across the night...
- Mild to moderate sleep respiratory events: one negative night may not be enoughO Le Bon
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Brugmann, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Chest 118:353-9. 2000..polysomnography (PSG) sessions are conflicting, leading to a lack of clear recommendations on the optimal use of this technique: is one night of monitoring sufficient or is a second night required in order to safely reject the diagnosis?..
- [Three pregnancies on nasal CPAP: a case report]A Noseda
Consultation du Sommeil, Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Erasme, Bruxelles
Rev Med Brux 28:191-3. 2007..The patient had an history of preeclampsia during a first pregnancy. In the following years, this patient remained very compliant with nasal CPAP, was no longer sleepy and was three times pregnant, without any complication...