Affiliation: CHU Saint-Pierre
- Epidemiology of MDR-TB in a Belgian infectious diseases unit: a 15 years reviewR Van Heurck
CHU Saint Pierre Infectious Diseases Department, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 68:321-4. 2013..Both require longer, more expensive and more toxic treatments. MDR-TB and especially XDR-TB are associated with a lower cure rate than non MDR-TB...
- European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS) guidelines for the clinical management and treatment of HIV-infected adultsN Clumeck
Saint Pierre University Hospital, Department of Infectious Diseases, Brussels, Belgium
HIV Med 9:65-71. 2008....
- Sustained viral suppression and higher CD4+ T-cell count reduces the risk of persistent cervical high-risk human papillomavirus infection in HIV-positive womenDeborah Konopnicki
Department of Infectious Diseases and AIDS Reference Center, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Rue Haute 322, Brussels 1000, Belgium
J Infect Dis 207:1723-9. 2013..We assessed the long-term impact of cART on persistent cervical HR-HPV infection in a very large cohort of 652 women who underwent follow-up of HIV infection for a median duration of 104 months...
- High-risk human papillomavirus genotypes distribution in a cohort of HIV-positive women living in Europe: epidemiological implication for vaccination against human papillomavirusDeborah Konopnicki
aDepartment of Infectious Diseases and AIDS Reference CentrebDepartment of Gynaecology, Saint Pierre University HospitalcMolecular Biology LaboratorydDepartment of Pathology, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
AIDS 30:425-33. 2016..We aimed to analyse the HRHPV genotype distribution in a cohort of HIV-positive women and to estimate the potential protection offered by the different HPV vaccines...
- Prolonged antiretroviral therapy is associated with fewer anal high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions in HIV-positive MSM in a cross-sectional studyAgnes Libois
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Saint Pierre Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Sex Transm Infect . 2016..HIV-positive men who have sex with men (MSM) are at increased risk of anal cancer. We evaluate the risk factors for anal high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (HSIL) (the precursor of anal cancer) in HIV-positive MSM...
- High-risk human papillomavirus infection in HIV-positive African women living in EuropeDeborah Konopnicki
Department of Infectious Diseases, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Brussels Free University, Brussels, Belgium
J Int AIDS Soc 16:18023. 2013..Cervical infection with high-risk human papillomavirus (HRHPV) induces cervical cancer and is present in 14% of women in Europe. We assessed the prevalence and incidence of cervical HRHPV in a cohort of HIV-positive women living in Belgium...
- Downregulation of CD38 activation markers by atorvastatin in HIV patients with undetectable viral loadStephane De Wit
Division of Infectious Diseases, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
AIDS 25:1332-3. 2011..controls, with no difference in high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP) and CD4. These results suggest that atorvastatin reduces the level of immune activation in patients with undetectable viral load...
- Effects of switching to protease inhibitor monotherapy on nucleoside analogue-related adverse eventsNathan Clumeck
St Pierre Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
AIDS Rev 16:236-45. 2014..The potential for safety benefits of stopping nucleoside analogues needs to be set against a higher risk of HIV RNA elevations during protease inhibitor monotherapy. ..
- Clinical value of FDG-PET/CT for the diagnosis of human immunodeficiency virus-associated fever of unknown origin: a retrospective studyCatherine Castaigne
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Saint Pierre University Hospital, 322 rue Haute, Brussels 1000, Belgium
Nucl Med Commun 30:41-7. 2009....
- 96 week results from the MONET trial: a randomized comparison of darunavir/ritonavir with versus without nucleoside analogues, for patients with HIV RNA <50 copies/mL at baselineNathan Clumeck
Hôpital St Pierre, Brussels, Belgium
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:1878-85. 2011..In virologically suppressed patients, switching to darunavir/ritonavir monotherapy could avoid resistance and adverse events from continuing nucleoside analogues...
- Characteristics of non-AIDS-defining malignancies in the HAART era: a clinico-epidemiological studyNicolas Dauby
Division of Infectious Diseases, CHU St Pierre, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Int AIDS Soc 14:16. 2011..Non-AIDS-defining malignancies (NADM) are becoming a major cause of mortality in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. We wished to investigate the incidence, risks factors and outcome of NADM in an urban cohort...
- Viral load and CD4 cell response to protease inhibitor-containing regimens in subtype B versus non-B treatment-naive HIV-1 patientsStephane De Wit
St Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
AIDS 18:2330-1. 2004..However, there was a significant difference in the median CD4 cell increase at month 24. Whether this is caused by viral or immune factors warrants further investigation...