Affiliation: Chemin du Foriest
- First dual NK(1) antagonists-serotonin reuptake inhibitors: synthesis and SAR of a new class of potential antidepressantsThomas Ryckmans
Chemical Research, R and D, UCB Pharma SA, Chemin du Foriest, B 1420 Braine l Alleud, Belgium
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 12:261-4. 2002..Compound 24 displays good affinities for both the NK(1) receptor and the serotonin reuptake site (32 and 25 nM, respectively)...
- Behavioural phenotyping reveals anxiety-like features of SV2A deficient miceYves Lamberty
Preclinical CNS Research, UCB Pharma S A, Braine l Alleud, Belgium
Behav Brain Res 198:329-33. 2009..These results suggest an anxiety-like phenotype for SV2A (+/-) mice indicated by increased open-arm avoidance in the elevated plus-maze test as well as a shorter latency to escape from a lit area in the inhibitory avoidance procedure...
- The new antiepileptic drug levetiracetam normalises chlordiazepoxide withdrawal-induced anxiety in miceYves Lamberty
UCB Pharma, Chemin du Foriest, B 1420, Braine l Alleud, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 439:101-6. 2002..This suggests that the observed effects are dependent upon the level of stress or anxiety of the animals. These results support potential efficacy of levetiracetam in the benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome...
- Anxiolytic profile of the antiepileptic drug levetiracetam in the Vogel conflict test in the ratYves Lamberty
UCB S A Pharma Sector, Preclinical CNS Research, Chemin du Foriest, B 1420 Braine l Alleud, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 469:97-102. 2003..This suggests that levetiracetam may have potential anxiolytic effects and may provide therapeutic benefits to individual with anxiety spectrum disorders...
- H3 agonist immepip markedly reduces cortical histamine release, but only weakly promotes sleep in the ratYves Lamberty
UCB Pharma, Preclinical CNS Research, Chemin du Foriest, B 1420, Braine l Alleud, Belgium
Pharmacol Res 48:193-8. 2003..These results reveal that a marked H3 receptor agonist-mediated reduction in cortical histamine release is not corroborated by a significant sleep promoting effect and therefore question the hypnotic potential of H3 agonists...
- Hydroxyzine prevents isolation-induced vocalization in guinea pig pups: comparison with chlorpheniramine and immepipYves Lamberty
Psychopharmacology Unit, Preclinical CNS Research, Chemin du Foriest, UCB Pharma S A, B 1420, Braine l Alleud, Belgium
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 79:119-24. 2004..However, in view of the lack of effect of either chlorpheniramine or immepip, it is proposed that additional nonhistaminergic effects are involved in the tranquilizing action of hydroxyzine...
- Anxiolytic effects of the novel anti-epileptic drug levetiracetam in the elevated plus-maze test in the ratAlma J Gower
UCB S A, Pharma Sector, Chemin du Foriest, B 1420 Braine l Alleud, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 481:67-74. 2003....
- Lead optimization of thiazolo[5,4-c]piperidines: 3-cyclobutoxy linker as a key spacer for H(3)R inverse agonistsLaurent Provins
UCB NewMedicines, UCB Pharma, Chemin du Foriest, 1420 Braine L Alleud, Belgium
ChemMedChem 7:2087-92. 2012....
- Lack of synaptic vesicle protein SV2B protects against amyloid-β₂₅₋₃₅-induced oxidative stress, cholinergic deficit and cognitive impairment in miceEric Detrait
UCB Biopharma, Neuroscience Therapeutic Area, Chemin du Foriest, B 1420 Braine l Alleud, Belgium Electronic address
Behav Brain Res 271:277-85. 2014..In addition, SV2B KO mice were protected against Aβ25-35-induced oxidative stress and decrease in ChAT activity in the hippocampus. These data suggest that SV2B could be a key modulator of amyloid toxicity at the synaptic site...
- Dual NK(1) antagonists--serotonin reuptake inhibitors as potential antidepressants. Part 2: SAR and activity of benzyloxyphenethyl piperazine derivativesThomas Ryckmans
Chemical Research, R and D, UCB Pharma SA, Chemin du Foriest, B 1420, Braine l Alleud, Belgium
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 12:3195-8. 2002..This class of compounds potentially represents a new generation of antidepressants...
- Discovery of a new class of non-imidazole oxazoline-based histamine H(3) receptor (H(3)R) inverse agonistsSylvain Celanire
UCB New Medicines, Chemin du Foriest, 1420 Braine L Alleud, Belgium
ChemMedChem 4:1063-8. 2009..H(3)R inverse agonists based on an aminopropoxy-phenyloxazoline framework constitute highly valuable druglike lead compounds that display efficacy in a mouse model of recognition memory...
- The inhibitory avoidance test optimized for discovery of cognitive enhancersEric R A Y Detrait
CNS Pharmacology Department Cognitive Psychopharmacology, UCB Pharma, Braine l Alleud, Belgium
Behav Res Methods 41:805-11. 2009..The double-trial acquisition protocol is suitable for testing cognitive enhancers, while also providing a clearly enhanced throughput...
- Use of epileptic animals for adverse effect testingHenrik Klitgaard
Preclinical CNS Research, UCB S A Pharma Sector, Chemin du Foriest, Braine l Alleud, Belgium
Epilepsy Res 50:55-65. 2002..In that respect, limbic kindling appears to represent a sensitive and relevant approach...
- Antihyperalgesic effect of levetiracetam in neuropathic pain models in ratsDenis Ardid
EMI 9904 INSERM UdA, IUT de génie biologique, Ensemble Universitaire des Cézeaux, 63172 Aubiere, France
Eur J Pharmacol 473:27-33. 2003..These results indicate that levetiracetam induces an antihyperalgesic effect in two models of human neuropathic pain, suggesting a therapeutic potential in neuropathic pain patients...
- Levetiracetam reduces anesthetic-induced hyperalgesia in ratsDavid P Archer
Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Anesth Analg 104:180-5. 2007..The pharmacological profile of the novel antiepileptic drug, levetiracetam, suggests that it may reduce the intensity of the excitatory stages of anesthesia...
- Histamine H3 antagonist thioperamide dose-dependently enhances memory consolidation and reverses amnesia induced by dizocilpine or scopolamine in a one-trial inhibitory avoidance task in micePascale Bernaerts
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Comportementales and Psychopharmacologie Expérimentale, Universite de Liege, Boulevard du Rectorat 5 Building 32, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Behav Brain Res 154:211-9. 2004..The results strongly support the view that the brain mechanisms of memory consolidation involve a functional interaction between the NMDA and the H3 sites...