- Acute aortic dissection after off-pump coronary artery surgeryJean Marie De Smet
Service of Cardiac Surgery, Erasme Hospital, Free University of Brussels, 808 Route de Lennik, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 24:315-7. 2003..We describe the case of a 70 years old patient who presented aortic dissection, with immediate paraplegia, 7 days after off-pump coronary surgery...
- Assessment based on EuroSCORE of ministernotomy for aortic valve replacementJean Marie De Smet
Cardiac Surgery Service, Erasme Hospital, University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 12:53-7. 2004..Mortality, duration of intensive care, and hospital stay were not influenced by the operative method...
- Guidelines for quality improvement in cardiac surgery. The College of Cardiac Surgery : results of the 2007 surveyJ M De Smet
Service of Cardiac Surgery, C U B H8pital Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 108:638-44. 2008....
- Five years follow-up after Y-graft arterial revascularization: on pump versus off pump; prospective clinical trialAhmed S E Ramadan
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Erasme Hospital, University of Brussels ULB, Route de Lennik, Brussels, Belgium
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 10:423-7. 2010..We report our comparative experience of on-pump and off-pump full arterial coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) using both internal mammary arteries (IMAs) anastomosed as a Y-graft...
- 10-year experience with the ATS mechanical valve in the mitral positionConstantin Stefanidis
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Erasme Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Thorac Surg 79:1934-8. 2005..The purpose of this retrospective study is to analyze the rate of midterm thromboembolic events and other valve-related complications when the ATS Open Pivot valve is implanted in the mitral position...
- Long-term follow-up after endocardial radiofrequency modified Nitta procedure for concomitant atrial fibrillation treatmentBachar El Oumeiri
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Erasme University Hospital, Route de Lennik 808, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:319-22. 2007..The Nitta procedure, modified for RF ablation, is an easy procedure when performed in the setting of structural heart disease surgery. Further studies are warranted to evaluate this technique on a larger scale basis...
- Effects of peripheral chemoreceptors deactivation on sympathetic activity in heart transplant recipientsAgnieszka Ciarka
Department of Cardiology, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Hypertension 45:894-900. 2005..75, P<0.01). In conclusion, tonic chemoreflex activation increases resting muscle sympathetic nerve activity and favors blood pressure elevation after heart transplantation...
- Relation of coronary hypersensitivity to serotonin in cardiac transplant recipients to vessel wall morphology and effect of vitamin CGuy Berkenboom
Department of Cardiology, Erasme Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Cardiol 97:561-6. 2006....
- Infective endocarditis presenting as an isolated aneurysm of the posterior mitral leafletPhilippe Unger
Department of Cardiology, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Can J Cardiol 29:751.e11-3. 2013..The posterior mitral location of the aneurysm and the absence of vegetation are exceptionally rare in this setting. This case demonstrates that a mitral aneurysm may be the sole cardiac presentation of infective endocarditis...
- Gonococcal ascending aortic aneurysm with penetrating ulcer and bovine archBachar El Oumeiri
Department of Cardiac Surgery, ULB Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 23:861-3. 2015..He was successfully treated by resection of the ascending aorta and ulcers, replacement of the aortic valve, and prolonged postoperative antibiotic therapy. ..
- Left tilt position for easy extracorporeal membrane oxygenation cannula insertion in late pregnancy patientsWilliam Ngatchou
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Brussels, Belgium
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 15:285-7. 2012..We proposed a systematic 15°-30° left lateral tilt position during the ECMO femoral cannula insertion in late pregnancy cases needing ECMO. This precaution should avoid an injury to the vessels due to multiple insertion attempts...
- Esophageal perforation by echoprobe during cardiac surgery: treatment by endoscopic stentingAlbert M Nana
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Erasme Hospital, University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1955-7. 2003..A case of esophageal perforation by echoprobe during coronary artery bypass grafting treated successfully by endoscopic stenting is reported...