- Cost of dengue and other febrile illnesses to households in rural Cambodia: a prospective community-based case-control study
Epidemiology and Public Health Unit, Institut Pasteur in Cambodia, 5 Bld Monivong POB 983, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
BMC Public Health 9:155. 2009
..We conducted a prospective, community-based, matched case-control study to assess the cost and impact of an episode of dengue fever and other febrile illness on households in rural Cambodia...
- Mosquitoborne infections after Hurricane Jeanne, Haiti, 2004
Mark E Beatty
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:308-10. 2007
..These are the first reported human West Nile virus infections on the island of Hispaniola...
- Large Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak with prolonged transmission attributed to an infected food handler, Texas, 2002
M E Beatty
Enteric Diseases Epidemiology Branch, Division of Foodborne, Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Zoonotic, Vectorborne and Enteric Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Epidemiol Infect 137:417-27. 2009
..Transmission ended with implementation of policies to screen food handlers and exclude those whose stool cultures yielded salmonellas...
- Best practices in dengue surveillance: a report from the Asia-Pacific and Americas Dengue Prevention Boards
Mark E Beatty
Pediatric Dengue Vaccine Initiative, International Vaccine Institute, Seoul, Republic of Korea
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e890. 2010
..Dengue fever is a virus infection that is spread by the Aedes aegypti mosquito and can cause severe disease especially in children. Dengue fever is a major problem in tropical and sub-tropical regions of the world...
- Health economics of dengue: a systematic literature review and expert panel's assessment
Mark E Beatty
Pediatric Dengue Vaccine Initiative, International Vaccine Institute, Kwanak gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:473-88. 2011
..Health economic research specific to dengue is urgently needed to ensure informed decision making on the various options for controlling and preventing this disease...
- Prevalence of high-risk egg-preparation practices in restaurants that prepare breakfast egg entrées: an EHS-Net study
Environmental Health Services Branch, Division of Emergency and Environmental Health Services, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway N E, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Food Prot 67:1444-50. 2004
..Several areas were identified in which further emphasis might reduce egg-associated SE infections in accordance with Healthy People 2010 goals...
- Epidemic diarrhea due to enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli
Mark E Beatty
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Division of Applied Public Health Training, Epidemiology Program Office, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 42:329-34. 2006
..In June 1998, we investigated one of the largest foodborne outbreaks of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli gastroenteritis reported in the United States...
- An outbreak of dengue fever in St. Croix (US Virgin Islands), 2005
Dengue Branch, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, San Juan, Puerto Rico
PLoS ONE 5:e13729. 2010
..Croix, US Virgin Islands. The objective of this report is to describe this outbreak of DENV-2 and the findings of a case-control study examining risk factors for DHF...
- Surveillance for bacterial diarrhea and antimicrobial resistance in rural western Kenya, 1997-2003
John T Brooks
Foodborne and Diarrheal Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:393-401. 2006
..We examined the bacterial causes of diarrhea and monitored antimicrobial susceptibilities of isolates through clinic-based surveillance in a rural Kenyan community...