- A thoracic-epidural granulocytic sarcoma case that was diagnosed preceding the onset of and that recurred co-incidental to acute promyelocytic leukemia, which developed after surgical treatment
Department of Radiology, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak, Turkey
Acta Med Okayama 58:251-4. 2004
..After systemic chemotherapy, partial remission was achieved. We aimed to present this rare case with its remarkable follow-up findings...
- Serum levels of tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 are not increased in dyspeptic patients with Helicobacter pylori-associated gastritis
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Zonguldak, Turkey
Mediators Inflamm 13:25-8. 2004
..There are few and conflicting data on circulatory proinflammatory cytokine levels in patients with H. pylori infection...
- Thyroid hormone receptor beta gene mutation (P453A) in a family producing resistance to thyroid hormone
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 117:34-7. 2009
..Two members of a Turkish family, a mother and son, had thyroid function tests suggestive of resistance to thyroid hormone (RTH)...
- Sheehan's syndrome associated with Glanzmann's Thrombasthenia: case report and literature review
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Medical Faculty, Zonguldak, Istanbul, Turkey
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 116:549-53. 2008
..We aimed to present a case of Sheehan's syndrome associated with Glanzmann's thrombasthenia...
- Fas ligand (FasL, Apo-1L/CD95L) expression and clinical outcome in papillary microcarcinoma and papillary thyroid carcinomas with diameter smaller than 1.5 centimeters
Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Fatih Istanbul Turkey
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 118:537-43. 2010
..The presence and the importance of FasL (FasL, APO-1L/CD95L) in papillary microcarcinoma lesions which are smaller than 1.5 cm of the thyroid is unclear...
- The effect of Helicobacter pylori on insulin resistance
Department of Gastroenterology, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 50:2090-3. 2005
..1 in the H. pylori-negative group, whereas it was 2.56 +/- 1.54 in the H. pylori-positive group (P < 0.05). This study provides the first direct evidence for an association between chronic H. pylori infection and insulin resistance...
- The use of konjac glucomannan to lower serum thyroid hormones in hyperthyroidism
Adil Dogan Azezli
Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology Metabolism and Nutrition, Fatih Istanbul, Turkey
J Am Coll Nutr 26:663-8. 2007
- The effects of peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis on serum tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-6, interleukin-10 and C-reactive-protein levels
Department of Internal Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak, Turkey
Mediators Inflamm 13:201-4. 2004
..In this study, we aimed to investigate serum TNF-alpha, IL-6, IL-10 and CRP levels in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) and hemodialysis (HD) patients...
- Exercise training prevents and protects streptozotocin-induced oxidative stress and beta-cell damage in rat pancreas
Department of Medical Histology and Embryology, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Zonguldak, Turkey
Tohoku J Exp Med 203:145-54. 2004
..These findings suggest that exercise has a therapeutic and/or protective effect in diabetes by decreasing oxidative stress and preservation of pancreatic beta-cell integrity...
- Fulminant hepatic failure associated with propylthiouracil: a case report with treatment emphasis on the use of plasmapheresis
Department of Gastroenterology, Zonguldak Karaelmas University Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak, Turkey
J Clin Apher 20:235-8. 2005
..Here we report a case of fulminant hepatic failure due to propylthiouracil and review the issues of treatment and management with special emphasis on the use of plasmapheresis in such situations...
- Serum cardiovascular risk factors in obstructive sleep apnea
Karaelmas University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, Zonguldak, Turkey
Chest 129:233-7. 2006
..Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) patients have increased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. The cardiovascular markers associated with OSA are currently not defined...
- Hyperthyroidism in molar pregnancy: rapid preoperative preparation by plasmapheresis and complete improvement after evacuation
Division of Hematology and Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul University, Capa, 34 390 Istanbul, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 36:87-9. 2007
..9% free T4 concentrations and recovery after evacuation. This is the first use of plasmapheresis in rapid preparation of a patient who had secondary hyperthyroidism due to molar pregnancy...