- Las dos cosas: an analysis of attitudes of latina women on non-exclusive breastfeeding
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Breastfeed Med 7:19-24. 2012
..Many previous studies involved Mexican and Puerto Rican women living in the mainland United States...
- Disparities in Breastfeeding: Impact on Maternal and Child Health Outcomes and Costs
Melissa C Bartick
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA Electronic address
J Pediatr . 2016
..To estimate the disease burden and associated costs attributable to suboptimal breastfeeding rates among non-Hispanic blacks (NHBs), Hispanics, and non-Hispanic whites (NHWs)...
- Closing the quality gap: promoting evidence-based breastfeeding care in the hospital
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Pediatrics 124:e793-802. 2009
..Such efforts, as well as strong central leadership, could affect both initiation and duration of breastfeeding, with substantial, lasting benefits for maternal and child health...
- The burden of suboptimal breastfeeding in the United States: a pediatric cost analysis
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 125:e1048-56. 2010
..The 2001 study can be updated by using current breastfeeding rates and adding additional diseases analyzed in the 2007 breastfeeding report from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality...
- The Massachusetts baby-friendly collaborative: lessons learned from an innovation to foster implementation of best practices
Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
J Hum Lact 26:405-11. 2010
..The strategies can be applied across diverse hospital settings...
- Breastfeeding and the U.S. economy
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge Hospital, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Breastfeed Med 6:313-8. 2011
..S. economy $13 billion per year in 2007 dollars for pediatric health cost and premature death. Cost data of excess maternal disease are not yet published but are thought to be substantial. Little is known about other costs...
- Lactation safety recommendations and reliability compared in 10 medication resources
Department of Pharmacy, Cambridge Health Alliance, Somerville, MA 02143, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:1352-60. 2007
..Mothers and physicians often depend on pharmacists for accurate drug information. Their information is only as good as the sources available to them...
- Policies and practices related to breastfeeding in massachusetts: hospital implementation of the ten steps to successful breastfeeding
Tarayn A Grizzard
Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, 260 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Matern Child Health J 10:247-63. 2006
..We assessed implementation, and factors related to implementation, of the Ten Steps in Massachusetts hospitals...
- Medication reconciliation at Cambridge Health Alliance: experiences of a 3-campus health system in Massachusetts
Harvard Medical School, MA, USA
Am J Med Qual 21:304-6. 2006