- PNET with neuroendocrine differentiation of the lung: Report of an unusual entity
Centro Hospitalar S João, Porto, Portugal Departamento de Patologia e Oncologia Médica da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
Int J Surg Pathol 22:427-33. 2014
..This highlights the importance of achieving the correct diagnosis of these atypical tumors using all clinical, morphological, and ancillary methods available to allow for their correct and timely treatment. ..
- Testicular juvenile granulosa cell tumor: a case report
Anatomy and Pathology Service, Sao Joao Hospital, Porto, Portugal
Acta Cytol 51:634-6. 2007
..Association with ambiguous genitalia and sex chromosome abnormalities has been reported. Orchiectomy alone is recommended, because no case of metastasis or recurrence has been reported...
- Fine needle aspiration cytology diagnosis, flow cytometry immunophenotyping and histology in clinically suspected lymphoproliferative disorder: a comparative study
Anatomy and Pathology Laboratory, Pathology Service, Hospital of São João, Al Hernani Monteiro, 4200 451 Porto, Portugal
Acta Cytol 52:124-32. 2008
..To evaluate advantages and drawbacks of fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) with flow cytometry (FC) in our routine, using, whenever possible, histology as the gold standard...
- Fine needle biopsy and genetics, two allied weapons in the diagnosis, prognosis, and target therapeutics of solid pediatric tumors
Servico de Anatomia Patologica, Hospital de S Joao, Al Hernani Monteiro, 4200 468 Porto, Portugal
Diagn Cytopathol 36:678-84. 2008
- Altered expression of key cell cycle regulators in renal cell carcinoma associated with Xp11.2 translocation
Laboratório de Anatomia Patológica, Al Hernani Monteiro 4200 451, Hospital de S Joao, Porto, Portugal
Pathol Res Pract 205:466-72. 2009
..Our study confirms that TFE3-positive RCC exhibits a deregulation of the cell cycle apparently unrelated to the young age of the patients...
- Nephroblastoma is a success of paediatric oncologic therapy. How further can we go?: Results of a cyto-histologic correlation study
Hospital de S Joao, Servico de Anatomia Patologica, Al Hernani Monteiro, Porto, Portugal
Diagn Cytopathol 38:477-81. 2010
..Further studies should be performed to stratify the influence of necrosis, apoptosis, and proliferation in chemosensivity of nephroblastomas...
- Fine needle aspiration of a lymph node in an HIV patient with chronic infection by Leishmania: a case report
Filomena Barreto de Faria
Anatomic Pathology Service, Hospital of São, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Acta Cytol 54:946-8. 2010
..The diagnosis of other microorganisms, such as fungi, helminthes and protozoa, is less likely, and most cases are reported as curiosities...
- Deep-seated congenital juvenile xanthogranuloma: report of a case with emphasis on cytologic features
Service of Pathology, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Hospital de S Joao, Instituto de Patologia e Imunologia da Univesidade do Porto, Portugal
Acta Cytol 51:473-6. 2007
..Independent of its location, the prognosis is excellent, even after incomplete resection. The lesions usually resolve spontaneously within 3 years of diagnosis...
- Cytologic and cytogenetic diagnosis of pediatric renal cell carcinoma associated with t(X;17)
Acta Cytol 52:384-6. 2008