- Giant cardiac myxoma
Department of Cardiology, Austin Hospital, P O Box 5555, Heidelberg, VIC 3084, Australia
Heart Lung Circ 16:389-91. 2007
..The resultant outcome was excellent with the patient achieving complete recovery from long term disabling symptoms...
- Quantitative analysis of intracoronary optical coherence tomography measurements of stent strut apposition and tissue coverage
Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Int J Cardiol 141:151-6. 2010
..This study set out to assess the inter and intraobserver variability of measurements of acute stent apposition and strut tissue coverage using OCT...
- In-vivo characterisation of coronary atherosclerosis with optical coherence tomography
Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Med J Aust 188:728. 2008
- Images in cardiology. Angina from a right coronary artery to right atrial fistula
Heart 92:342. 2006
- Immediate procedural and long-term clinical outcomes following drug-eluting stent implantation to ostial saphenous vein graft lesions
Royal Brompton Hospital, Department of Cardiology, London, UK
Acute Card Care 10:88-92. 2008
..This study aimed to evaluate the efficacy of DES in OSVG lesions by assessing angiographic and 12-month clinical outcomes...
- Assessment of culprit and remote coronary narrowings using optical coherence tomography with long-term outcomes
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 102:391-5. 2008
..In conclusion, detection of TCFA, particularly in stable patients, is desirable and may principally allow for early intervention and prevention of adverse events...
- An indeterminate occlusion duration predicts procedural failure in the recanalization of coronary chronic total occlusions
Department of Cardiology and National Heart and Lung Institute, Royal Brompton Hospital, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 71:621-8. 2008
- A novel approach for quantitative analysis of intracoronary optical coherence tomography: high inter-observer agreement with computer-assisted contour detection
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 72:228-35. 2008
..This study aims to examine observer-related variability of quantitative optical coherence tomography (OCT) derived measurements from both in vitro and in vivo pullback data...
- Unconventional treatment of aorto-ostial instent restenosis with marked protrusion into the aorta
Royal Brompton Hospital, Department of Invasive Cardiology, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 9:184-6. 2008
..The highlight of this case report is the final intravascular ultrasound image, revealing the profound deformation of the previous stent to restore a large ostial lumen and regain vessel access...
- Heavily calcified coronary lesions preclude strut apposition despite high pressure balloon dilatation and rotational atherectomy: in-vivo demonstration with optical coherence tomography
Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital and Imperial College, London, UK
Circ J 72:157-60. 2008
..Insights from using this highly sensitive imaging technique outline the high prevalence of persistent stent strut malapposition in this group, despite the use of high-pressure dilatation or rotational atherectomy...
- Culotte versus T-stenting in bifurcation lesions: immediate clinical and angiographic results and midterm clinical follow-up
Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am Heart J 154:336-43. 2007
..There is limited data on which of the two techniques of bifurcation stenting compatible with a provisional approach, culotte or T-stenting, offers the best outcome...
- Angiographic and histological assessment of successfully treated late acute stent thrombosis secondary to a sirolimus-eluting stent
Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London, UK
Eur Heart J 28:1675. 2007
- Stenting of unprotected left main coronary artery stenosis
Royal Brompton Hospital, Department of Invasive Cardiology, Sydney St, London SW36NP, United Kingdom
Heart Lung Circ 16:S34-8. 2007
..Large multi-centre randomised trials underway comparing percutaneous to surgical intervention will help clarify these ongoing issues...
- Treatment of unprotected left main disease with drug-eluting stents in patients at high risk for coronary artery bypass grafting
Department of Cardiology, Austin Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria 3084, Australia
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 8:84-9. 2007
..Recently, drug-eluting stents (DES) have reduced instent restenosis after PCI, but their role in the treatment of left main disease remains unclear...
- Coronary bioabsorbable magnesium stent: 15-month intravascular ultrasound and optical coherence tomography findings
Department of Cardiology and the National Heart and Lung Institute, Royal Brompton Hospital, Imperial College, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, UK
Eur Heart J 28:2319. 2007
- Haemodynamic significance of an anomalous right coronary with inter-arterial course assessed with intracoronary pressure measurements during dobutamine challenge
Int J Cardiol 126:e32-5. 2008
..This technique could be a valid means for assessing stress-induced ischaemia and, therefore, by inference, the risk of sudden cardiac death in these patients...
- A new quantitative analysis system for the evaluation of coronary bifurcation lesions: comparison with current conventional methods
Department of Invasive Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 69:172-80. 2007
..In this study, we aimed to assess whether the smaller interaction required by the analyst could reduce the analysis time and inter and intra observer variability when compared with a conventional analysis...
- What is the best contemporary treatment for in-stent restenosis?
Department of Cardiology, Austin Hospital, Studley Road, PO Box 5555, Heidelberg, Victoria 3084, Australia
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 6:179-81. 2005
..This observational study, taken with other recent reports, offers further credence to the use of SES for ISR. The results of randomized comparisons with VBT are awaited with interest...