Affiliation: International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research
- Effectiveness of an NGO primary health care programme in rural Bangladesh: evidence from the management information systemAlec Mercer
Centre for Health and Population Research, ICDDR, B, Mohakali, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Health Policy Plan 19:187-98. 2004..Further reduction is likely to depend on improved access to qualified community midwives and essential obstetric care at government referral facilities...
- Use of family planning services in the transition to a static clinic system in Bangladesh: 1998-2002Alex Mercer
Health Systems and Infectious Diseases Division, International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh
Int Fam Plan Perspect 31:115-23. 2005..It is important to assess changes in utilization and coverage to inform further development of the service delivery system...
- Validating neonatal mortality and use of NGO reproductive health outreach services in rural BangladeshAlex Mercer
Health Systems and Economics Unit, International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research Centre for Health and Population Research, Health Systems and Infectious Diseases Division, Bangladesh
Stud Fam Plann 37:111-22. 2006..Because underreporting of neonatal deaths was probably higher in 1996 when the MIS-reported NMR was 39 deaths per 1,000 live births, the decline in the NMR is likely to have been genuine...
- Risk factors for neonatal mortality in rural areas of Bangladesh served by a large NGO programmeAlex Mercer
Centre for Health and Population Research, ICDDR, B, Mohakali, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
Health Policy Plan 21:432-43. 2006....
- Sexual risk behavior of married men and women in Bangladesh associated with husbands' work migration and living apartAlex Mercer
International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh ICDDR, B Centre for Health and Population Research, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Sex Transm Dis 34:265-73. 2007..This study aimed to ascertain the prevalence of sexual risk behavior among married men and women who had, or had not, lived apart from their spouse as a result of the husbands' work migration...
- An assessment of vulnerability to HIV infection of boatmen in Teknaf, BangladeshRukhsana Gazi
Health Systems and Infectious Diseases Division, ICDDR, B, Mohakhali Commercial Area, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Confl Health 2:5. 2008..However, we hypothesize that boatmen may act as a bridging population for HIV/AIDS between the high-prevalence country of Myanmar and the low-prevalence country of Bangladesh...
- Effectiveness of depot-holders introduced in urban areas: evidence from a pilot in BangladeshRukhsana Gazi
Health Systems and Infectious Diseases Division ICDDR, B Centre for Health and Population Research, GPO Box 128, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
J Health Popul Nutr 23:377-87. 2005..S. dollars 262). Overall, the performance of the depot-holders in the pilot phase suggests that they can be introduced in different types of urban area and can be effective in their dual role as providers and promoters of services...