- Treatment patterns, clinical outcomes and health care costs associated with HER2-positive breast cancer with central nervous system metastases: a French multicentre observational study
Department of Public Health, Health Economics Unit, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, Paris 75005, France
BMC Health Serv Res 13:456. 2013
..Treatment strategies in this population are highly diverse. The objective of the study was to assess health care costs for the management of HER2 positive BC with CNS metastases...
- Comparative efficacy of everolimus plus exemestane versus fulvestrant for hormone-receptor-positive advanced breast cancer following progression/recurrence after endocrine therapy: a network meta-analysis
Departement de cancerologie medicale, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69008, Lyon Cedex 08, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 143:125-33. 2014
..These results suggest that everolimus plus exemestane may be more efficacious than fulvestrant in patients with advanced breast cancer who progress on or after adjuvant or first-line therapy with a nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitor. ..
- Lapatinib plus capecitabine in patients with previously untreated brain metastases from HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer (LANDSCAPE): a single-group phase 2 study
Department of Medical Oncology and Léon Bérard Centre, Lyon, France
Lancet Oncol 14:64-71. 2013
..Few systemic options are available. We aimed to investigate the combination of lapatinib plus capecitabine for the treatment of previously untreated brain metastases from HER2-positive breast cancer...
- Randomized phase II trial of everolimus in combination with tamoxifen in patients with hormone receptor-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative metastatic breast cancer with prior exposure to aromatase inhibitors: a GINECO study
Département de Cancérologie Médicale et Unité INSERM U590, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Clin Oncol 30:2718-24. 2012
..This analysis evaluated efficacy and safety of everolimus in combination with tamoxifen in patients with mBC resistant to aromatase inhibitors (AIs)...
- Chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer. Comparison of clinical practice and cost of drugs in two cohorts of patients: 1994-1998 and 2003-2006
Department of Pharmacy, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, 69008, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 128:187-95. 2011
..56; P = 0.0002). New chemotherapeutic agents induced a significant cost increase over time. The limited size and heterogeneity of our cohort do not allow any conclusion concerning their impact on survival...
- Use of the monoclonal antibody anti-HER2 trastuzumab in the treatment of metastatic breast cancer: a cost-effectiveness analysis
Département d information médicale, Unit of Medico Economic Evaluation, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Am J Clin Oncol 31:363-8. 2008
..This open controlled prospective study aimed at evaluating the medical and economical impact of first line chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Bevacizumab and paclitaxel for breast cancer patients with central nervous system metastases: a case series
Sana Intidhar Labidi
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Laennec, France
Clin Breast Cancer 9:118-21. 2009
- CD4 lymphopenia to identify end-of-life metastatic cancer patients
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France Université Lyon 1, Villeurbanne, France
Eur J Cancer 49:1080-9. 2013
..Cancer patients with CD4 lymphopenia have an increased risk of severe toxicity after administration of cytotoxic chemotherapy. The impact of CD4 lymphopenia on long term overall survival (OS) of cancer patients was explored in this work...
- A phase 2 trial of whole-brain radiotherapy combined with intravenous chemotherapy in patients with brain metastases from breast cancer
Philippe A Cassier
Multidisciplinary Medical Oncology Day Unit, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Cancer 113:2532-8. 2008
..A study was conducted to determine the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of concurrent cisplatin and vinorelbine chemotherapy and radiotherapy in patients with previously untreated brain metastases from breast cancer...
- Patients with metastatic breast cancer leading to CD4+ T cell lymphopaenia have poor outcome
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, Lyon 69008, France
Eur J Cancer 49:1673-82. 2013
..Low lymphocyte count is a prognostic factor in cancer patients including metastatic breast cancer patients (MBC) but the relative role of each lymphocyte subtype is unclear in MBC...
- First-line endocrine therapy alone could be a reasonable treatment option for hormone-positive, HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
Centre Leon Berard, Department of Medical Oncology, 28, rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 99:E18-25. 2012
..Previously validated clinical practice guidelines recommending the use of endocrine therapy alone in first line might be changed...
- Lymphopenia as a prognostic factor for overall survival in advanced carcinomas, sarcomas, and lymphomas
Université de Lyon Centre Léon Bérard, Department of Medical Oncology and EA SIS 4128, Lyon, France
Cancer Res 69:5383-91. 2009
..48; 95% CI, 1.03-2.1) along with IPI. Our findings show that lymphopenia is an independent prognostic factor for overall and progression-free survival in several cancers...
- [Systemic treatment of brain metastases from breast cancer: cytotoxic chemotherapy and targeted therapies]
Centre Leon Berard, Oncologie Médicale, 69008 Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 100:7-14. 2013
..Promoting novel targeted approaches and innovative therapeutic combinations is a critical need to improve survival of breast cancer patients with brain metastases...
- Breast cancer-derived transforming growth factor-β and tumor necrosis factor-α compromise interferon-α production by tumor-associated plasmacytoid dendritic cells
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 133:771-8. 2013
..Our findings indicate that targeting TApDC to restore their IFN-α production might be an achievable strategy to induce antitumor immunity in breast cancer by combining TLR7/9-based immunotherapy with TGF-β and TNF-α antagonists...
- Prognostic value of the expression of C-Chemokine Receptor 6 and 7 and their ligands in non-metastatic breast cancer
Philippe A Cassier
Department of Medecine, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
BMC Cancer 11:213. 2011
..Chemokines CCL19, CCL20 and CCL21 and their receptors CCR6 and CCR7, were assessed as potential biomarkers of metastatic dissemination in primary breast cancer...
- Validation of prognostic scores for survival in cancer patients beyond first-line therapy
Universite de Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, Department of Medical Oncology, 28 rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
BMC Cancer 11:95. 2011
..We aimed to validate prognostic scores for survival in patients undergoing chemotherapy for advanced or metastatic cancer after first-line treatment...
- Impaired IFN-α production by plasmacytoid dendritic cells favors regulatory T-cell expansion that may contribute to breast cancer progression
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Cancer Res 72:5188-97. 2012
..Thus, targeting pDC to restore their IFN-α production may represent an attractive therapeutic strategy to overcome immune tolerance in breast cancer...
- Paclitaxel is effective in relapsed head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: a retrospective study of 66 patients at a single institution
Universite de Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Anticancer Drugs 21:553-8. 2010
..2 months (95% CI: 5.2-8.8). Paclitaxel can be used in symptomatic patients. Although no improvement of overall survival can be expected, paclitaxel treatment is safe and achieves interesting response rates...
- Multidisciplinarity and medical decision, impact for patients with cancer: sociological assessment of two tumour committees' organization
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 99:E34-42. 2012
..In the present study, we evaluated the organization of two multidisciplinary committees, one for breast cancer and one for sarcoma, in a French Comprehensive Cancer Centre...
- [Adjuvant treatments in breast cancer: interest of completion of axillary dissection in case of micrometastases or isolated tumor cells in sentinel lymph node]
Centre Leon Berard, 28, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 99:463-9. 2012
..The results of our study show that non-sentinel lymph node status modify systemic therapy for a very few patients (less than 4% concerning chimiotherapy and less than 15% concerning radiotherapy)...
- [Antihormonal therapy in breast cancer and mTOR inhibitors]
Pierre Etienne Heudel
Centre Leon Berard, Oncologie Médicale, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 98:1431-7. 2011
- A serum nuclear magnetic resonance-based metabolomic signature of advanced metastatic human breast cancer
Universite de Lyon, CNRS ENS Lyon UCB Lyon 1, Institut des Sciences Analytiques, Centre de RMN a Tres Hauts Champs, 5 rue de la Doua, 69100 Villeurbanne, France Université de Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, Departement d Oncologie Medicale, 28 rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Cancer Lett 343:33-41. 2014
..This work illustrates the strong potential of NMR metabolic phenotyping for the diagnosis, prognosis, and management of cancer patients...
- [Neoadjuvant chemotherapy and ovarian cancer]
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon
Bull Cancer 93:669-76. 2006
..The strategy of neoadjuvant chemotherapy, followed by interval debulking surgery, should be confirmed in a prospective randomized trial. The EORTC55971 trial is currently addressing this issue...
- [Angiogenesis and breast cancer]
Centre Leon Berard, Departement de Medecine, 28, rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08
Bull Cancer 94:S203-10. 2007
..This is a review of the major biological and clinical data available on the critical role of angiogenesis in breast cancer. We will also review the different clinical studies reported to date in this area...
- Can treatment with Cocculine improve the control of chemotherapy-induced emesis in early breast cancer patients? A randomized, multi-centered, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase III trial
Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, Lyon Cedex 08, 69373, France
BMC Cancer 12:603. 2012
- A functional interplay between ZNF217 and estrogen receptor alpha exists in luminal breast cancers
Nhan T Nguyen
ISPB, Faculte de Pharmacie, Lyon, France Université Lyon 1, Lyon, France INSERM U1052, CNRS UMR5286, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, Lyon, France
Mol Oncol 8:1441-57. 2014
..Here we propose a model in ER+ breast cancer where ZNF217-driven aggressiveness incorporates ZNF217 as a positive enhancer of ERα direct genomic activity and where ZNF217 possesses its highest discriminatory prognostic value. ..
- MicroRNA-125b upregulation confers aromatase inhibitor resistance and is a novel marker of poor prognosis in breast cancer
ISPB, Faculte de Pharmacie, 8 avenue Rockefeller, 69008, Lyon, France
Breast Cancer Res 17:13. 2015
- Netrin-1 expression confers a selective advantage for tumor cell survival in metastatic breast cancer
Apoptosis, Cancer, and Development Laboratory Equipe Labellisée La Ligue, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 5238, Centre Leon Berard, Université de Lyon 69008 Lyon, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:4850-5. 2008
- Molecular characterization of anastrozole resistance in breast cancer: pivotal role of the Akt/mTOR pathway in the emergence of de novo or acquired resistance and importance of combining the allosteric Akt inhibitor MK-2206 with an aromatase inhibitor
ISPB, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 133:1589-602. 2013
- Lymphopenia: a new independent prognostic factor for survival in patients treated with whole brain radiotherapy for brain metastases from breast carcinoma
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Radiother Oncol 76:334-9. 2005
..To determine overall survival (OS) and independent prognostic factors in patients with brain metastases (BM) from breast cancer treated by whole brain radiotherapy (WBR)...
- Body weight change in women receiving adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: a French prospective study
Université de Lyon Centre Léon Bérard, Department of Medical Oncology, 28 rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Clin Nutr 29:187-91. 2010
..Adjuvant chemotherapy has frequently been associated with weight gain after breast cancer diagnosis. We aimed to prospectively evaluate body weight variations in French patients with early breast cancer...
- Early detection of tumor cells by innate immune cells leads to T(reg) recruitment through CCL22 production by tumor cells
Centre Leon Berard, F 69000 Lyon, France
Cancer Res 71:6143-52. 2011
- Factors of interrupting chemotherapy in patients with Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, Lyon 69008, France
BMC Res Notes 3:164. 2010
..In this prospective study, which included 45 patients, we identified clinical and biological variables as outcome predictors in metastatic Non-Small Cell lung cancer after first line chemotherapy were identified...
- Oral moxifloxacin or intravenous ceftriaxone for the treatment of low-risk neutropenic fever in cancer patients suitable for early hospital discharge
Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, Lyon, France
Support Care Cancer 16:1017-23. 2008
..Optimal management remains to be clearly defined, and new oral antibiotics need to be evaluated in this setting...
- A phase-III trial of doxorubicin and docetaxel versus doxorubicin and paclitaxel in metastatic breast cancer: results of the ERASME 3 study
Philippe A Cassier
Medical Oncology, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Université de Lyon et Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 109:343-50. 2008
..In first-line metastatic breast cancer, both paclitaxel (P)-doxorubicin (A) and docetaxel (D)-doxorubicin (A) combinations have shown superiority over treatments without taxane. The aim of this study was to compare the two combinations...
- High incidence of mammary intraepithelial neoplasia development in Men1-disrupted murine mammary glands
Universite Lyon, F 69000, Lyon, France
J Pathol 229:546-58. 2013
..Taken together, the current work indicates a role of Men1 inactivation in the development of mammary pre-cancerous lesions in mice and a potential role in human mammary cancer...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of strategies for HER2 testing of breast cancer patients in France
Health Economics Research Group in Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 22:396-401. 2006
..A cost-effectiveness analysis was conducted comparing diagnostic strategies for determining the HER2 status of invasive breast carcinomas, as an indication for trastuzumab at metastatic relapse...
- [Prognostic factors for febrile neutropenia]
Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 93:501-6. 2006
..Research in quantifying the risk of neutropenic complications may make it possible in the near future to target patients at greater risk with appropriate preventive strategies, thereby maximizing the benefits and minimizing the costs...
- IL-6 as an intracrine growth factor for renal carcinoma cell lines
Equipe Cytokine et Cancer, Unité Inserm 590, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 111:653-61. 2004
..IL-6 ASON inhibited the proliferation of the 8 RCC cell lines tested additively with IL-4 or IL-13. IL-6 is an intracrine growth factor in renal cell carcinoma cell lines...
- [Advanced luminal breast cancer (hormone receptor-positive, HER2 negative): New therapeutic options in 2015]
Departement de Medecine, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 102:S47-52. 2015
..Coming years may be fruitful and might radically change our way to treat these patients. ..
- Therogenetics: transferring GWAS technology to the clinic
David G Cox
Universite de Lyon, F 69000 Lyon, France, Universite Lyon 1, F 69100 Villeurbanne, France, INSERM U1052, CNRS UMR5286, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, F 69000 Lyon, France and Centre Léon Bérard, F 69008 Lyon, France
Mutagenesis 30:213-5. 2015
..In this review, we expose some of this evidence, and propose tools needed to overcome current limitations to the identification of specific germline variants that influence risk of metastases in breast cancer patients. ..
- LKB1 when associated with methylatedERα is a marker of bad prognosis in breast cancer
Universite de Lyon, France Université Lyon 1, France INSERM U1052, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, France CNRS UMR5286, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, France Equipe Labellisée La Ligue, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 135:1307-18. 2014
..In conclusion, our results highlight that LKB1 expression in breast cancer appears to have opposite effects depending on its subcellular localization and may be used as a new prognostic biomarker. ..
- Mutational characterization of individual breast tumors: TP53 and PI3K pathway genes are frequently and distinctively mutated in different subtypes
Laboratoire de Recherche Translationnelle, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:29-39. 2012
..These two distinct mutation patterns were significantly associated to hormone receptor expression but independent of HER2 status...
- Epirubicin and paclitaxel (EPI-TAX regimen) for advanced ovarian cancer after failure of platinum-containing regimens
Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69008, Lyon, France
Gynecol Oncol 88:351-7. 2003
..We have assessed the feasibility and evaluated the tolerance of epirubicin (EPI) combined with paclitaxel (TAX) in heavily pretreated ovarian cancer patients...
- [Adjuvant therapy for breast cancer patients: treatment decision tree from a French cancer network]
Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Bull Cancer 89:897-903. 2002
..However, due to the subjectivity of risk/benefit estimations, patients themselves should become more involved in the decision-making process...
- Breast carcinoma cells promote the differentiation of CD34+ progenitors towards 2 different subpopulations of dendritic cells with CD1a(high)CD86(-)Langerin- and CD1a(+)CD86(+)Langerin+ phenotypes
Marie Cécile Thomachot
Equipe Cytokines et Cancers, INSERM U 590, Centre Léon B, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 110:710-20. 2004
..The infiltration of BCC by these altered DC may contribute to the impaired immune response against the tumor...
- Sunitinib in combination with trastuzumab for the treatment of advanced breast cancer: activity and safety results from a phase II study
EORTC, Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group, Centre Léon Bérard and Université Claude Bernard, Lyon, France
BMC Cancer 14:166. 2014
..This phase II study evaluated the efficacy and safety/tolerability of sunitinib plus trastuzumab in patients with HER2-positive advanced breast cancer (ABC)...
- The role of angiogenesis in endocrine liver metastases: an experimental study
INSERM, U865, Faculte Laennec, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
J Surg Res 144:64-73. 2008
..4 +/- 5.6% versus 18.3 +/- 3.4). Our results suggest that active angiogenesis is not necessary for the engraftment and early growth of endocrine cells metastatic to the liver but is required at a later stage of progression...