Affiliation: University of Vienna
- [Deep vein thrombosis--diagnosis and therapy]H Partsch
Dermatologischen Abteilung des Wilhelminenspitals der Stadt Wien
Acta Med Austriaca 26:41-6. 1999..Mobile patients should be kept walking with compression of their legs. Secondary prophylaxis consists of oral anticoagulation or alternatively in low-molecular-weight heparin and compression stockings...
- Compression and walking versus bed rest in the treatment of proximal deep venous thrombosis with low molecular weight heparinH Partsch
Dermatological Department, Wilhelminenspital, and Angio Bellaria, Vienna, Austria
J Vasc Surg 32:861-9. 2000..The purpose of this randomized controlled trial was to evaluate the benefits of compression and walking exercises in comparison with bed rest in the acute stage of proximal deep venous thrombosis (DVT)...
- Dose finding for an optimal compression pressure to reduce chronic edema of the extremitiesH Partsch
Private Practictioner, Vienna, Austria
Int Angiol 30:527-33. 2011..The aim of this paper was to measure volume reduction of a swollen extremity depending on the amount of pressure exerted by compression stockings and inelastic bandages...
- Therapy of deep vein thrombosis with low molecular weight heparin, leg compression and immediate ambulationH Partsch
Department of Dermatology, Wilhelminenspital, Vienna, Austria
Vasa 30:195-204. 2001..In addition, the presence of pulmonary emboli in one-third of those with calf vein thrombi emphasizes the importance of fully diagnosing and treating calf clots...
- Immediate mobilisation in acute vein thrombosis reduces post-thrombotic syndromeH Partsch
Department of Dermatology, Wilhelminen Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Int Angiol 23:206-12. 2004..To investigate the effect of compression and immediate ambulation in the acute stage of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) on the development of postthrombotic syndrome (PTS)...
- Multicentre, randomised controlled trial of four-layer bandaging versus short-stretch bandaging in the treatment of venous leg ulcersH Partsch
Wilhelminenspital, Wien, Austria
Vasa 30:108-13. 2001..In centres who are experienced users of short-stretch bandages, no statistically significant different healing rates of venous ulcers could be found after 4LB or SSB...
- The use of pressure change on standing as a surrogate measure of the stiffness of a compression bandageH Partsch
Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 30:415-21. 2005..To measure interface pressure and stiffness of short-stretch and long-stretch bandages applied with variable strength. These parameters have a deciding influence on the efficacy of compression therapy in chronic venous disease...
- Clinical trials needed to evaluate compression therapy in breast cancer related lymphedema (BCRL). Proposals from an expert groupH Partsch
Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Int Angiol 29:442-53. 2010..Recommendations herein focus solely on compression interventions...
- Adventitial stripping of the radial and ulnar arteries in Raynaud's diseaseBrigitta Balogh
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, KH Lainz, Wien, Austria
J Hand Surg Am 27:1073-80. 2002..All were asymptomatic after surgery with satisfactory healing of the ulcers at the fingertips. None of them relapsed during the follow-up time of 1.5 years...
- [Periarterial sympathectomy of the radial and ulnar arteries in Raynaud's phenomenon--a preliminary study]B Balogh
Abteilung für Plastische und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, KH Lainz der Stadt Wien, Vienna, Austria
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 34:374-80. 2002..Assessment of the post-operative results of peripheral sympathectomy in Raynaud's phenomenon...
- Lupus anticoagulant and venous leg ulcerationA M Fink
Department of Dermatology, Wilhelminenspital, Montleartstrasse 37, A 1160 Vienna, Austria
Br J Dermatol 146:308-10. 2002..Although lupus anticoagulant, like ACA, belongs to the group of antiphospholipid antibodies, its presence in patients with venous leg ulceration has not been previously reported...
- Compression stockings for treating venous leg ulcers: measurement of interface pressure under a new ulcer kitB Partsch
Phlebology 23:40-6. 2008....
- Venous reflux surgery promotes venous leg ulcer healing despite reduced ankle brachial pressure indexA Obermayer
Institute of Functional Phlebologic Surgery, Karl Landsteiner Society, Melk, Austria
Int Angiol 27:239-46. 2008..The aim of this study was to demonstrate that venous surgery promotes ulcer healing, even in the presence of peripheral arterial disease...
- The venous return simulator: an effective tool for investigating the effects of external compression on the venous hemodynamics--first results after thigh compressionJ M Fullana
Service de Biophysique, Laboratoires Innothera, Arcueil, France
Vasa 34:19-23. 2005..To present a virtual model, the venous return simulator (VRS), designed to compute venous hemodynamic variations when compression is applied to the leg...