Genomes and Genes
Michael J Ausserlechner
Affiliation: University of Innsbruck
- G1 arrest by p16INK4A uncouples growth from cell cycle progression in leukemia cells with deregulated cyclin E and c-Myc expressionM J Ausserlechner
Molecular Biology Research Laboratory, Department of Pediatrics, Medical University Innsbruck, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Leukemia 19:1051-7. 2005....
- A retroviral expression system based on tetracycline-regulated tricistronic transactivator/repressor vectors for functional analyses of antiproliferative and toxic genesMichael J Ausserlechner
Molecular Biology Research Laboratory, Pediatric Department, Medical University Innsbruck, Innrain 66, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Mol Cancer Ther 5:1927-34. 2006..This proves that this expression system allows concentration-dependent analysis of gene function and implicates p27(Kip1) as a critical regulator of both proliferation and apoptosis in SH-EP neuroblastoma cells...
- p16INK4A sensitizes human leukemia cells to FAS- and glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis via induction of BBC3/Puma and repression of MCL1 and BCL2Petra Obexer
Tyrolean Cancer Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics IV, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck 6020, Austria
J Biol Chem 284:30933-40. 2009....
- Therapy-resistant acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) cells inactivate FOXO3 to escape apoptosis induction by TRAIL and NoxaMichael J Ausserlechner
Department of Pediatrics I, Medical University Innsbruck, Austria
Oncotarget 4:995-1007. 2013..This suggests that if p16INK4A is deleted during leukemia development, FOXO3 levels elevate and FOXO3 has to be inactivated by deregulation of the PI3K-PKB pathway to prevent FOXO3-induced cell death. ..
- Nuclear FOXO3 predicts adverse clinical outcome and promotes tumor angiogenesis in neuroblastomaJudith Hagenbuchner
Departments of Pediatrics II, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Oncotarget . 2016..The combined data suggest that, depending on the mode and intensity of activation, cellular FOXO3 acts as a homeostasis regulator promoting tumor growth at hypoxic conditions and tumor angiogenesis in high-stage neuroblastoma...
- C10ORF10/DEPP, a transcriptional target of FOXO3, regulates ROS-sensitivity in human neuroblastomaStefan Salcher
Department of Pediatrics I, Medical University Innsbruck, Anichstraße 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Mol Cancer 13:224. 2014..As a physiological function of C10orf10/DEPP has not been described so far we analyzed its effects on cellular ROS detoxification and death sensitization in human neuroblastoma cells...
- A novel Mcl1 variant inhibits apoptosis via increased Bim sequestrationJudith Hagenbuchner
Department of Pediatrics II, Medical University Innsbruck, Austria
Oncotarget 4:1241-52. 2013..This suggests that this novel Mcl1L variant efficiently protects tumor cells against extrinsic death signalling and therefore may provide a survival advantage for highly aggressive tumors. ..
- p53- and drug-induced apoptotic responses mediated by BH3-only proteins puma and noxaAndreas Villunger
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia
Science 302:1036-8. 2003..Hence, Puma and Noxa are critical mediators of the apoptotic responses induced by p53 and other agents...
- Functional analysis of the mutated Epstein-Barr virus oncoprotein LMP1(69del): implications for a new role of naturally occurring LMP1 variantsClara Larcher
Institute of Hygiene and Social Medicine, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Haematologica 88:1324-35. 2003..Here we describe functional properties of a rare 69-bp LMP1 deletion mutant (LMP1(69del)) isolated from a patient with polyclonal B-cell lymphocytosis...
- The cell cycle inhibitor p16(INK4A) sensitizes lymphoblastic leukemia cells to apoptosis by physiologic glucocorticoid levelsM J Ausserlechner
Institute for General and Experimental Pathology, Division of Molecular Pathophysiology, University of Innsbruck Medical School and the Tyrolean Cancer Research Institute, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Biol Chem 276:10984-9. 2001....
- FKHRL1-mediated expression of Noxa and Bim induces apoptosis via the mitochondria in neuroblastoma cellsP Obexer
Tyrolean Cancer Research Institute, Innsbruck, Austria
Cell Death Differ 14:534-47. 2007..We conclude that Noxa and Bim establish a connection between FKHRL1 and mitochondria, and that both BH3-only proteins are critically involved in FKHRL1-induced apoptosis in neuroblastoma...
- Cyclin D3 and c-MYC control glucocorticoid-induced cell cycle arrest but not apoptosis in lymphoblastic leukemia cellsM J Ausserlechner
Institute of Pathophysiology, Division of Molecular Pathophysiology, University of Innsbruck, Medical School, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Cell Death Differ 11:165-74. 2004..The combined data suggest that repression of both, c-myc and cyclin D3, is necessary to arrest human leukemia cells in the G1 phase of the cell division cycle, but that neither one is required for GC-induced apoptosis...
- Resistance to glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis in lymphoblastic leukemiaR Kofler
Tyrolean Cancer Research Institute at the University of Innsbruck, Austria
J Endocrinol 178:19-27. 2003..Herein, we review reports and hypotheses regarding 'upstream' and 'downstream' mechanisms for GC resistance in lymphoblastic leukemia and present an in vitro GC resistance model that might allow identification of resistance mechanisms...
- The anti-apoptotic protein BCL2L1/Bcl-xL is neutralized by pro-apoptotic PMAIP1/Noxa in neuroblastoma, thereby determining bortezomib sensitivity independent of prosurvival MCL1 expressionJudith Hagenbuchner
Department of Pediatrics IV, Biocenter, Medical University Innsbruck, Tyrolean Cancer Research Institute, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Biol Chem 285:6904-12. 2010....
- Targeting transcription factors by small compounds--Current strategies and future implicationsJudith Hagenbuchner
Department of Pediatrics II, Medical University Innsbruck, Innrain 66, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Biochem Pharmacol 107:1-13. 2016....
- Mitochondrial survivin - an Achilles' heel in cancer chemoresistanceMichael J Ausserlechner
Department of Pediatrics I, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Mol Cell Oncol 3:e1076589. 2016....
- Premature aging of the immune system in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritisMartina Prelog
Department of Pediatrics, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Arthritis Rheum 58:2153-62. 2008..We undertook this study to determine whether patients with JIA demonstrate premature immunosenescence...
- Oxindole alkaloids from Uncaria tomentosa induce apoptosis in proliferating, G0/G1-arrested and bcl-2-expressing acute lymphoblastic leukaemia cellsNicole Bacher
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Br J Haematol 132:615-22. 2006..Our results show the strong apoptotic effects of pteropodine and uncarine F on acute leukaemic lymphoblasts and recommend the alkaloids for further studies in xenograft models...
- Isotype-specific inhibitors of the glycolytic key regulator pyruvate kinase subtype M2 moderately decelerate tumor cell proliferationGilles A Spoden
Cell Metabolism and Differentiation Research Group, Institute for Biomedical Aging Research of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Innsbruck, Austria
Int J Cancer 123:312-21. 2008..In the present study, we developed the first specific inhibitors of the pyruvate kinase isoenzyme type M2 and present evidence that these inhibitors moderately decelerate tumor cell proliferation...