Affiliation: University of Vienna
- Quantum interference of large organic moleculesStefan Gerlich
University of Vienna, Vienna Center for Quantum Science and Technology, VCQ, Faculty of Physics, Boltzmanngasse 5, Vienna 1090, Austria
Nat Commun 2:263. 2011..We show that even complex systems, with more than 1,000 internal degrees of freedom, can be prepared in quantum states that are sufficiently well isolated from their environment to avoid decoherence and to show almost perfect coherence...
- Single-photon ionization of organic molecules beyond 10 kDaPhilipp Schmid
University of Vienna, Faculty of Physics, VCQ Vienna, Austria
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 24:602-8. 2013..We demonstrate the detection of single photon ionized intact organic molecules in excess of 10 kDa from a slow molecular beam...
- UV and VUV ionization of organic molecules, clusters, and complexesMarkus Marksteiner
Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, Boltzmanngasse 5, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Phys Chem A 113:9952-7. 2009..We also find that the ion signal of gramicidin can be increased by a factor of 15 when the photon energy is increased from 4.66 to 7.9 eV...
- A superconducting NbN detector for neutral nanoparticlesMarkus Marksteiner
University of Vienna, Boltzmanngasse 5, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Nanotechnology 20:455501. 2009..We discuss the experimental evidence that the detector is actually sensitive to isolated neutral particles...
- Matter-wave interference of particles selected from a molecular library with masses exceeding 10,000 amuSandra Eibenberger
University of Vienna, Faculty of Physics, VCQ, QuNaBioS, Boltzmanngasse 5, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Phys Chem Chem Phys 15:14696-700. 2013..We observe high-contrast quantum fringe patterns of molecules exceeding a mass of 10,000 amu and having 810 atoms in a single particle...
- Sensitivity of a superconducting nanowire detector for single ions at low energyMichele Sclafani
Vienna Center for Quantum Science and Technology, Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Nanotechnology 23:065501. 2012....
- Real-time single-molecule imaging of quantum interferenceThomas Juffmann
Vienna Center of Quantum Science and Technology, Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, Boltzmanngasse 5, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Nat Nanotechnol 7:297-300. 2012..In addition to providing this particularly clear demonstration of wave-particle duality, our approach could also be used to study larger molecules and explore the boundary between quantum and classical physics...
- Experimental methods of molecular matter-wave opticsThomas Juffmann
Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Rep Prog Phys 76:086402. 2013..Nanoparticle quantum optics is a growing field, which will intrigue researchers still for many years to come. This review can, therefore, only be a snapshot of a very dynamical process. ..
- Stability of high-mass molecular libraries: the role of the oligoporphyrin coreUgur Sezer
University of Vienna, Faculty of Physics, VCQ and QuNaBioS, Boltzmanngasse 5, 1090, Vienna, Austria
J Mass Spectrom 50:235-9. 2015..A pentaporphyrin core stabilizes a library of chemically well-defined molecules with more than 1600 atoms. They can be neutrally desorbed with velocities as low as 20 m/s and efficiently analyzed in photoionization mass spectrometry...
- Photofragmentation beam splitters for matter-wave interferometryNadine Dörre
University of Vienna, Faculty of Physics, VCQ and QuNaBioS, Boltzmanngasse 5, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Phys Rev Lett 113:233001. 2014..We propose that photofragmentation gratings can act on a large set of van der Waals clusters and biomolecules which are thermally unstable and often resilient to single-photon ionization. ..
- Gas phase sorting of fullerenes, polypeptides and carbon nanotubesHendrik Ulbricht
Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information, Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, Boltzmanngasse 5, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Nanotechnology 19:045502. 2008..The device is compatible with a high molecular throughput, and the spatial micro-modulation of the beam permits one to obtain a fine spatial resolution and a high sorting sensitivity...
- Wave and particle in molecular interference lithographyThomas Juffmann
Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, Boltzmanngasse 5, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Phys Rev Lett 103:263601. 2009..This new approach to nanolithography therefore also represents a sensitive new detection scheme for quantum interference experiments...
- Cavity cooling of free silicon nanoparticles in high vacuumPeter Asenbaum
Faculty of Physics, VCQ, University of Vienna, Boltzmanngasse 5, Vienna A 1090, Austria
Nat Commun 4:2743. 2013..Their interaction with the light of a high-finesse infrared cavity reduces their transverse kinetic energy by up to a factor of 30. ..
- Absolute absorption cross sections from photon recoil in a matter-wave interferometerSandra Eibenberger
Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, VCQ and QuNaBioS, Boltzmanngasse 5, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Phys Rev Lett 112:250402. 2014..It can therefore be extended to a wide variety of neutral molecules, clusters, and nanoparticles. ..
- Realization of optical carpets in the Talbot and Talbot-Lau configurationsWilliam B Case
University of Vienna, Faculty of Physics, Boltzmanngasse 5, A 1090 Wien
Opt Express 17:20966-74. 2009..We also show the patterns behind two separated diffraction gratings under nearly-monochromatic but spatially incoherent illumination that illustrate the nature of Talbot-Lau carpets...