Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Prognostic value of lymphatic and blood vessel invasion in neuroendocrine tumors of the lungKatharina Schmid
From the Department Clinical Pathology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Am J Surg Pathol 29:324-8. 2005..016 and P < 0.0001). Our results suggest that evaluation of lymphatic vessel invasion is important in neuroendocrine lung tumors serving as a prognostic parameter for disease-free survival...
- Quantitative nuclear texture features analysis confirms WHO classification 2004 for lung carcinomasKatharina Schmid
Department of Clinical Pathology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Mod Pathol 19:453-9. 2006....
- KiSS-1 overexpression as an independent prognostic marker in hepatocellular carcinoma: an immunohistochemical studyKatharina Schmid
Department of Clinical Pathology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Virchows Arch 450:143-9. 2007..027 and r = 2.913, p = 0.026). In this study, we report for the first time that elevated KiSS-1 expression level in HCC correlates with worsened clinical outcome, as an independent prognostic marker for the aggressiveness of HCC...
- EGFR/KRAS/BRAF mutations in primary lung adenocarcinomas and corresponding locoregional lymph node metastasesKatharina Schmid
Clinical Institute of Pathology and Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna A 1090, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 15:4554-60. 2009..The present study compared the mutational status of EGFR, KRAS, and BRAF in primary tumors with the one in corresponding lymph node metastases...
- Multidrug resistance proteins do not predict benefit of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with completely resected non-small cell lung cancer: International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial Biologic ProgramMartin Filipits
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 13:3892-8. 2007..The purpose of our study was to determine whether multidrug resistance proteins (MRP) are of prognostic and/or predictive value in patients who were enrolled into the International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial (IALT)...
- Synergistic effects of erlotinib and everolimus on bronchial carcinoids and large-cell neuroendocrine carcinomas with activated EGFR/AKT/mTOR pathwayZsuzsanna Bago-Horvath
Clinical Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Neuroendocrinology 96:228-37. 2012..However, the impact of EGFR and mTOR expression and combined inhibition in neuroendocrine lung tumors other than small-cell lung cancer remains unclear...
- Osteopontin expression predicts overall survival after liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients beyond the Milan criteriaWolfgang Sieghart
Abteilung Gastroenterologie and Hepatologie, Medizinische Universität and AKH Wien, Vienna, Austria
J Hepatol 54:89-97. 2011..Microarray data showed that osteopontin overexpression predicts early HCC-recurrence after liver resection. Osteopontin (OPN) expression could serve as a predictor of HCC-recurrence after OLT...
- Mammalian target of rapamycin pathway activity in hepatocellular carcinomas of patients undergoing liver transplantationWolfgang Sieghart
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Section of Experimental Oncology Molecular Pharmacology, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Transplantation 83:425-32. 2007....
- Simultaneous blockade of the epidermal growth factor receptor/mammalian target of rapamycin pathway by epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors and rapamycin results in reduced cell growth and survival in biliary tract cancer cellsBeata Herberger
Institute of Cancer Research, Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Borschkegasse 8a, Vienna, Austria
Mol Cancer Ther 8:1547-56. 2009..These results suggest that combined targeted therapy with EGFR and mTOR inhibitors may potentially benefit patients with BTAs and should be further evaluated in clinical trials...
- Mcl-1 overexpression in hepatocellular carcinoma: a potential target for antisense therapyWolfgang Sieghart
Section of Experimental Oncology Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Hepatol 44:151-7. 2006..Here we investigated the presence of Mcl-1 protein in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) tissues and its potential role as a molecular drug target for HCC therapy...
- The major vault protein mediates resistance to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibition in human hepatoma cellsAnnemarie Losert
Institute of Cancer Research, Department of Medicine I, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Medical University of Vienna, Borschkegasse 8a, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Cancer Lett 319:164-72. 2012..These findings suggest MVP as a novel player in resistance against EGFR inhibition...
- Cell cycle regulators and outcome of adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy in completely resected non-small-cell lung cancer: the International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial Biologic ProgramMartin Filipits
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Clin Oncol 25:2735-40. 2007..The purpose of our study was to determine whether cell cycle regulators are of prognostic and/or predictive value in patients who were enrolled onto the IALT...
- What every radiologist should know about idiopathic interstitial pneumoniasChristina Mueller-Mang
Department of Radiology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Radiographics 27:595-615. 2007..Correct diagnosis of IIPs can be achieved only by means of interdisciplinary consensus and stringent correlation of clinical, imaging, and pathologic findings. (c) RSNA, 2007...
- High expression of Dicer reveals a negative prognostic influence in certain subtypes of primary cutaneous T cell lymphomasJulia Valencak
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
J Dermatol Sci 64:185-90. 2011..Aberrant expression of microRNAs (miRNAs) has been implicated in oncogenesis of various tumors and primary cutaneous T cell lymphomas. Dicer, a ribonuclease III-like enzyme is essential for miRNA processing...
- Impact of RANK signalling on survival and chemotherapy response in osteosarcomaZsuzsanna Bago-Horvath
1Clinical Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria 2Department of Anatomy II, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany 3Department of Orthopaedics, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Pathology 46:411-5. 2014..Moreover, RANK might modulate response of human osteosarcoma to chemotherapy. Therefore, RANK signalling cascade is likely to provide a novel alternative to targeted therapy of osteosarcoma and deserves further investigation...
- TREM-1 activation alters the dynamics of pulmonary IRAK-M expression in vivo and improves host defense during pneumococcal pneumoniaHeimo Lagler
Department of Medicine I, Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Immunol 183:2027-36. 2009....
- Bronchial stump coverage with a pedicled pericardial flap: an effective method for prevention of postpneumonectomy bronchopleural fistulaShahrokh Taghavi
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ann Thorac Surg 79:284-8. 2005..Bronchopleural fistula is a serious complication after pneumonectomy. The aim of this retrospective study was to investigate the efficacy of bronchial stump reinforcement with a pedicled flap of whole pericardium...
- Effective combination chemotherapy with bimonthly docetaxel and cisplatin with or without hematopoietic growth factor support in patients with advanced gastroesophageal cancerBirgit Schüll
Department of Internal Medicine I, Vienna University Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Oncology 65:211-7. 2003..A phase II trial was performed to determine the antitumor efficacy and tolerance of combined docetaxel and cisplatin with or without hematopoietic growth factor support in patients with advanced gastroesophageal cancer...
- Microsurgical interlaminary vertebro- and kyphoplasty for severe osteoporotic fracturesBronek M Boszczyk
Departments of Neurosurgery and Radiology, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik Murnau, Murnau, Germany
J Neurosurg 100:32-7. 2004..A microsurgical interlaminary approach for vertebro- and kyphoplasty was developed to allow spinal decompression and control of the spinal canal during augmentation...
- Kaposi's sarcoma of the conjunctiva leads to a diagnosis of acquired immunodeficiency syndromeKatharina Schmid
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 81:411-3. 2003