Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Auricular acupuncture effectively reduces state anxiety before dental treatment--a randomised controlled trialAndrea Michalek-Sauberer
Department of Special Anaesthesia and Pain Therapy, Medical University of Vienna, Austria, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Clin Oral Investig 16:1517-22. 2012..The objective of this study was to analyse whether auricular acupuncture, acupuncture at the outer ear, could reduce state anxiety before dental treatment...
- Effects of SZ1677, a new non-depolarizing steroidal neuromuscular blocking drug, and rocuronium on two laryngeal muscles and the anterior tibial muscle in guinea pigsA Michalek-Sauberer
Department of Anaesthesia and General Intensive Care B, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:481-7. 2006..SZ1677 is a new neuromuscular blocking drug structurally related to rocuronium. We compared the effect of an ED(90) of SZ1677 (25 microg/kg) with that of rocuronium (100 microg/kg) in guinea pig laryngeal and peripheral muscles...
- Perioperative auricular electroacupuncture has no effect on pain and analgesic consumption after third molar tooth extractionAndrea Michalek-Sauberer
Department of Anesthesiology and General Intensive Care Medicine B, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna General Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Anesth Analg 104:542-7. 2007....
- Median effective local anesthetic doses of plain bupivacaine and ropivacaine for spinal anesthesia administered via a spinal catheter for brachytherapy of the lower abdomenAndrea Michalek-Sauberer
Department of Special Anesthesia and Pain Control, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Reg Anesth Pain Med 33:4-9. 2008..This study was designed to determine the median effective local anesthetic dose of plain ropivacaine and bupivacaine administered intrathecally for interstitial brachytherapy of the lower abdomen using the Dixon up-and-down method...
- The efficacy of spontaneous and controlled ventilation with various cricothyrotomy devices: a quantitative in vitro assessment in a model lungAndrea Michalek-Sauberer
Department of Special Anaesthesia and Pain Therapy, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna General Hospital, Vienna, Austria
J Trauma 71:886-92. 2011..0-mm ID Quicktrach, 6.0-mm inner diameter Melker, and 13-gauge Ravussin cannula) and two improvised devices (14-gauge intravenous cannula and spike and drip chamber device)...
- Electrical stimulation of auricular acupuncture points is more effective than conventional manual auricular acupuncture in chronic cervical pain: a pilot studySabine M Sator-Katzenschlager
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care B, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Anesth Analg 97:1469-73. 2003..These results demonstrate that continuous electrical stimulation of auricular acupuncture points by using the new point stimulation device P-STIM improves the treatment of chronic cervical pain in an outpatient population...
- The effects of auricular electroacupuncture on obesity in female patients--a prospective randomized placebo-controlled pilot studyRegina Patricia Schukro
Department of Special Anaesthesia and Pain Therapy, Medical University of Vienna, Austria Electronic address
Complement Ther Med 22:21-5. 2014..This is the first prospective, randomized, double-blinded study, testing the effects of auricular electroacupuncture on weight loss in obese female patients...
- 3,5-Di-t-butyl catechol is a potent human ryanodine receptor 1 activator, not suitable for the diagnosis of malignant hyperthermia susceptibilityCaterina Lacava
Department of Special Anaesthesia and Pain Therapy, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Pharmacol Res 66:80-7. 2012..However, the sensitivity of MHS or MHEH muscles to DTCAT was similar to that of MHN muscles. In conclusion, DTCAT is not suitable for the diagnosis of MH susceptibility due to its failure to discriminate between MHN and MHS muscles...
- P-Stim auricular electroacupuncture stimulation device for pain reliefSabine M Sator-Katzenschlager
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine B, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Expert Rev Med Devices 4:23-32. 2007..Further large-scale studies are required to evaluate the analgesic efficacy of auricular electroacupuncture...
- Withdrawal forces of lumbar spinal catheters: no dependence on body positionA Michalek-Sauberer
Department of Special Anaesthesia and Pain Control, Vienna Medical University, General Hospital Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Br J Anaesth 100:846-9. 2008..This study was designed to measure the withdrawal forces needed to remove lumbar spinal catheters and to determine whether patient position affects withdrawal forces...